Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service held for Daniel Smith

Default Service held for Daniel Smith

Service Held for Anna Nicole Smith's Son

By Associated Press

document.write(getElapsed("20061008T185653Z"));2 hours agoUPDATED 1 HOUR 36 MINUTES AGO
    MEXIA, Texas - Family and friends gathered at a church in this small town to mourn Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son Daniel, who died last month while visiting his mother in the Bahamas after she gave birth to a daughter.
    About 50 people attended the hourlong memorial service Saturday at First Baptist Church of Mexia for the son of the former Playboy Playmate and reality television star and her former husband Billy Smith, who still lives in Mexia.
    Billy Smith looked grief-stricken during and after the service, the Waco Tribune-Herald reported. Anna Nicole Smith did not attend and Daniel's body was not brought to Mexia for the service.
    Most relatives hadn't seen Daniel in years, but they recalled that when he was a child he liked to wear cowboy apparel and ride horses in this town of about 6,000 people, some 85 miles south of Dallas. Cousins recalled playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with him, and full-size cutouts of the cartoon characters lined the front of the church, the newspaper said.
    Daniel Smith died Sept. 10 in his mother's hospital room in the Bahamas. According to a private autopsy, he died of an accidental combination of methadone and two antidepressants.
    Anna Nicole and Bill Smith married in 1985 and divorced two years later. She married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. Marshall died the following year.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

So this a memorial service done by the family and friends in that town, not Anna? I thought at first that Anna had to do with this but when it said she wasn't there it sounds like she had nothing to do with this service, which means she'll probably have another one.

Either way, I think it's kind of shitty she didn't attend this, or plan some sort of an arrangement for them all to get together. Maybe she will but....

Is she going to claim his body?? I mean, CAN she claim it and bury him properly??? I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Is she going to claim his body?? I mean, CAN she claim it and bury him properly??? I don't get it...
    I don't understand...his body wasn't there in Mexia...

Daniel is still in the Bahamas, but at the morgue. I am wondering if she can claim him and have a proper burial/service. I just don't understand what the hold up is---they've done the autopsy. What's the hold up for HER to have a service?? Unless for some reason she isn't going to, and obviously that's her right, but it just seems odd for his mother to not have some kind service for him....

Daniel is still in the Bahamas, but at the morgue. I am wondering if she can claim him and have a proper burial/service. I just don't understand what the hold up is---they've done the autopsy. What's the hold up for HER to have a service?? Unless for some reason she isn't going to, and obviously that's her right, but it just seems odd for his mother to not have some kind service for him....
    Holding out for the highest bidder, I imagine...the "wedding" was just a test.

^Silly me!! I'm sure you are right! And wants maximum TV exposure too I'm sure...Access Hollywood, The Insider, ET, etc. Sure, it all makes sense to me now.
    She DOES remind me a bit of that woman from Texas with the silly string...

^Silly me!! I'm sure you are right! And wants maximum TV exposure too I'm sure...Access Hollywood, The Insider, ET, etc. Sure, it all makes sense to me now.
    She DOES remind me a bit of that woman from Texas with the silly string...
    Exactly, no need to be hasty about putting a body to rest....but, to give her the benefit of the doubt, she may want all questions of his cause of death put to rest before he is buried.

Elite Member

That poor boy needs to be laid to rest. He's embalmed, lying in some freezer somewhere and it's so sad...bury him already. He's gone. Let him rest in peace, not be refrigerated like some vegetable produce in a Ziploc bag.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    That poor boy needs to be laid to rest. He's embalmed, lying in some freezer somewhere and it's so sad...bury him already. He's gone. Let him rest in peace, not be refrigerated like some vegetable produce in a Ziploc bag.
    I agree.
    (Do I really have to add weird smileys to make my point?)

I am so hoping that she has already had a service and cremated him, quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I am so hoping that she has already had a service and cremated him, quietly.
    As a mother, if only to my dog, I hope so too...

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I agree.

Anna's behavior recently has been incredibly odd. I wonder if she's finally cracked from the grief of losing her son (thus the ridiculous wedding ceremony; not planning a memorial service yet etc.) or if she just genuinely doesn't care about anyone but herself. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't know her so it's hard to tell if she's all show (which she very well could be) or if she's just a genuinely screwed up woman. Maybe she's a little bit of both.

Has anyone seen those pics that were in People? She looked high as a kite. Does methodone do that to you?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Has anyone seen those pics that were in People? She looked high as a kite. Does methodone do that to you?
    I haven't seen the pictures, but as far as methadone goes, in small doses it gives a feeling of well being and energy. In higher doses it makes one's vision blurry and does cause a *high* effect. The pupils will be dilated, and the eyes will look all googly because it's difficult to focus.

Methadone can also greatly reduce the appetite.......quite a bit more than Trimspa does actually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information