Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Yves Saint Laurent Had a Stroke in Paris Today!

Bronze Member

Default OMG! Yves Saint Laurent Had a Stroke in Paris Today!

YVES SAINT LAURENT has been rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke. The fashion legend collapsed outside the Yves Saint Laurent boutique on Avenue Montaigne, close to the Champs Elysées in Paris today. The drama unfolded in an uncanny act of coincidence: last night debuted the triumphant Yves Saint Laurent spring/summer 2007 collection in Paris Fashion Week, under the house's current designer Stefano Pilati, which was attended by Saint Laurent's long term business partner and former lover Pierre Berge. The 70-year-old couturier, who resigned after over 40 years as creative director in 2002, has a history of ill health and has been treated in the past for alcohol and drug addiction. The hospital is yet to confirm what condition the designer is in. (6 October 2006, PM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/s...asp?stid=39190
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; October 6th, 2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: We don't allow spamming blogs

I read that he just went down in the middle of the street---with no warning. There were pictures and everything (though I am unsure where I saw them now). Too bad...hope he makes a speedy recovery.

yea i just read the same thing...that his publicist or whoever said that he just missed the curb and fell into his car?? weird
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I hope he's ok.

Honestly I'm surprised to hear he's alive. For some reason I thought he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by bite me spidey View Post
    I hope he's ok.

Honestly I'm surprised to hear he's alive. For some reason I thought he was dead.
    Me too. I guess because he had retired...

*sends an overweight spite-model to waddle over to his hospital room and crush him*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah i saw the pic of him laying in the street laying on a purple pillow on some website today.

a purple pillow?

Figures.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah i saw the pic of him laying in the street laying on a purple pillow on some website today.
    Someone took a picture of him having a stroke? That's disgusting. Do the paparazzi ever stop?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bite me spidey View Post
    Someone took a picture of him having a stroke? That's disgusting. Do the paparazzi ever stop?
    well no they first reported that he just collapsed or maybe tripped; he looked fine in the pic totally aware and everything; it didn't look like an emergency situation.

source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...que/article.do

in a purple tie and shirt no less! Is that guy stealing his wallet?!

click here or view my kick ass slide show!http://img209.imageshack.us/slidesho...17063851k.smil

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    well no they first reported that he just collapsed or maybe tripped; he looked fine in the pic totally aware and everything; it didn't look like an emergency situation.

source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...que/article.do

click here or view my kick ass slide show!http://img209.imageshack.us/slidesho...17063851k.smil
    Oh, I see. It sounded like someone was taking pictures of him lying in the street having a stroke. I wouldn't put it past the paparazzi to do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *sends an overweight spite-model to waddle over to his hospital room and crush him*
    No, we're rooting against Karl Lagerfeld, the weight Nazi, not YSL! I hope he got good treatment in the hospital; if given TPA within 30 minutes the effects of an ischemic stroke can be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by doedolla View Post
    YVES SAINT LAURENT has been rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke. The fashion legend collapsed outside the Yves Saint Laurent boutique on Avenue Montaigne, close to the Champs Elysées in Paris today. The drama unfolded in an uncanny act of coincidence: last night debuted the triumphant Yves Saint Laurent spring/summer 2007 collection in Paris Fashion Week, under the house's current designer Stefano Pilati, which was attended by Saint Laurent's long term business partner and former lover Pierre Berge. The 70-year-old couturier, who resigned after over 40 years as creative director in 2002, has a history of ill health and has been treated in the past for alcohol and drug addiction. The hospital is yet to confirm what condition the designer is in. (6 October 2006, PM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/s...asp?stid=39190
    I thought he fell and bumped his head? That can cause a head bleed but isn't teh same as a stroke.

bleh. 10 bucks says it was drug induced. whatever. you gonna play w/ drugs, you gotta deal with the consequences.

i wish him no ill, but he also gets no sympathy from me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information