Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Woody Allen and wife Soon-Yi

Bronze Member

Default Woody Allen and wife Soon-Yi

YUCK.....

Woody Allen Grateful for Wife Soon-Yi

Mon Oct 31, 4:54 PM ET

Woody Allen says his relationship with wife Soon-Yi Previn, which has a "more paternal feeling," is "one of the truly lucky things that happened to me in my life."
    Allen, a two-time Oscar winner, married Previn in 1997. She is the adopted daughter of Andre Previn and Mia Farrow, Allen's former girlfriend.
    In 1992, Allen was discovered to be having an affair with Previn, then 22, while he was dating Farrow. He and Previn have two daughters, ages 5 and 6.
    "I'm sure there are things that I might have done differently," he says in an interview in Vanity Fair magazine, on newsstands Nov. 8. "Probably in retrospect I should have bowed out of that relationship (with Farrow) much earlier than I did."
    But Allen, who will be 70 on Dec. 1, says age hasn't brought wisdom.

I've gained no wisdom, no insight, no mellowing. I would make all the same mistakes again, today," he tells the magazine.
    Despite the calamitous beginnings of his relationship with Previn, he says, "It was just completely fortuitous. One of the truly lucky things that happened to me in my life."
    "I don't ever feel that I'm with a hostile or threatening person. It's got a more paternal feeling to it."
    Though his separation and subsequent custody battles with Farrow over their three children was bitter, Allen says he wanted to cast her in his 1995 film, "Mighty Aphrodite." Casting director Juliet Taylor talked him out of it, and the part went to Helena Bonham Carter.
    "I'm just not the kind of person that thinks, `Well, you did a terrible thing to me in my life, and so I'm not working with you,'" he says. "I mean, there's a line that you draw. I wouldn't put, you know, Hermann Goring in a part, but short of Nuremberg crimes ..."
    Allen will release his latest film, "Match Point," in December, a thriller starring Scarlett Johansson and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. It has been acclaimed as a return to form for Allen, who won Oscars for 1977's "Annie Hall" and 1986's "Hannah and Her Sisters."
    His screen credits also include "Interiors," "Manhattan," "Broadway Danny Rose," "The Purple Rose of Cairo" and "Deconstructing Harry."
    "I'm made, oh, perfectly decent films," he says. "But not `8 1/2,' not `The Seventh Seal,' `The 400 Blows' or `L'Avventura' ones that to me really proclaim cinema as art, on the highest level. If I was the teacher, I'd give myself a B."
    ___
    On the Net: http://www.vanityfair.com

"Paternal" probably isn't the word you should be using to describe your relationship with your child-bride in interviews.

Elite Member

The guy just simply doesn't get it! Hope it's all been worth it and according to him it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysue View Post
    YUCK.....
    Though his separation and subsequent custody battles with Farrow over their three children was bitter, Allen says he wanted to cast her in his 1995 film, "Mighty Aphrodite." Casting director Juliet Taylor talked him out of it, and the part went to Helena Bonham Carter.
    "I'm just not the kind of person that thinks, `Well, you did a terrible thing to me in my life, and so I'm not working with you,'" he says. "I mean, there's a line that you draw. I wouldn't put, you know, Hermann Goring in a part, but short of Nuremberg crimes ..." [/SIZE][/FONT]

classic

i don't know... i can't judge them. years after the scandal, they seem to be deeply in love and happy in their lives.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

classic

i don't know... i can't judge them. years after the scandal, they seem to be deeply in love and happy in their lives.
    To each his own, but I'll continue to judge them despite their happiness. What they did was just wrong. Plain and simple. Both thought only of themselves and neither gave any thought to Mia or how their actions might hurt a lot of people. The fact that he still doesn't show any remorse whatsoever shows just how selfish he is in particular. Sure they're in love, but at what expense? I only hope it was all worth it.
    Last edited by Elisa; October 31st, 2005 at 05:47 PM.

does anyone remember that his child bride is also a little mentally slow? he is so slimy.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    does anyone remember that his child bride is also a little mentally slow? he is so slimy.
    Now THIS is interesting! Is it true?? I had not heard this about her, but would love more information. Can anyone enlighten me?
    I've simply HAD it with Woody. There was a time when I liked his movies, but now I can barely stand to look at him. I really do resent the fact that, after all that happened with the abuse accusations, Soon-Yi, etc., he was still allowed to adopt two girls. Money really can buy damn near anything, can't it?
    Founder, Alan Rickman Bedtime Story Societyhttp://www.skapunkandotherjunk.com/i...tter_snape.gif

Maybe thats what some men really want in women. Subservient ,docile, not quite with it ,ladies who they can feel "paternal" towards. Does this mean men dont want equals? they want to dominate and feel they are all powerful? Yikes? And women thought they just wanted a girl who wasnt fat or had the latest hair style or the smart clothes. (So many hours spent deciding what to wear for a date and he could care less)

Does Soon-Yi even talk to Mia anymore?

One of americas; no, make that hollywood, nasty little love scandals. He was lusting after the mentally challenged girl, who could somewhat understand his wierd feelings.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Still think he is a talented actor and producer/director/etc..Still think he is a sick bastard as well.

I always had a feeling that Soon-Yi wasn't 100 % here.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think it was Mia Farrow who put out the whole spin that she was, urm, mentally challenged. Apparently, there is a documentary out there where she is the one wearing the pants in the relationship.

I don't know, I love his work alot so I think I try to make excuses for him. It was kind of wrong, but then again, they were both adults, he wasn't living in the same home, Mia and Woody, by both their admissions, hadn't had sex for two years before this happened. It's a tough one. And remember, Mia stole André Previn from his wife when she was about the same age as Soon Yi and André was about the same age as Woody. AND she was living in their home. Also, Frank Sinatra? How much older was he than her? 40 years or similar? I think Woody and Soon Yi are like the Duke and Duchess of Windsor: there was a huge scandal surrounding the beginnings of the relationship and now, no matter what, they're stuck with each other. If he dumped her now, it would be even worse.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

what??? I have NEVER heard anything about Soon Yi being "mentally challenged"! That is ridiculous! Do you think that a mentally challenged person would have been allowed to adopt two children for god's sake???
    I have read so much criticism of Woody Allen over this... Soon Yi was NOT adopted by Allen, but by Mia Farrow and another husband of hers. They met, and as chance would have it fell in love. It might not have been the "perfect" situation for most people, but it happened! Love happens you know! Just the fact that they've been together for so many years and have 2 children together, you'd think that would be enough for most people to be convinced that they are for real...

As a matter of fact, a recent interview shows that majority of her Mia's adopted children have some mental or physical condition, except for oldest her biological son. He hates his guts as well.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information