Thread: George Michael tells George Bush 'Blow Me'.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default George Michael tells George Bush 'Blow Me'.

OVER the last few years GEORGE MICHAEL’s “solo” performances have landed him in my column for all the wrong reasons.

But he got back to what he does best on Saturday night with his first proper live show in 15 years — and couldn’t resist a pop at Bush and Blair.

The singer kicked off his 25th anniversary gig in Barcelona with a giant inflatable Dubya being “pleasured” by a British bulldog during Shoot The Dog — the track which nearly killed off his career a few years ago.

But controversy aside, George proved he is simply one of the best vocalists this country has ever produced, with a stunning performance of hits from his giant back catalogue.

He arrived at the Palau Sant Jordi to the kind of reception reserved for megastars. And he didn’t let anyone down, serving up many classics.

There had been a few concerns that paranoid George might bottle it.

But, with 85million record sales — including 11 UK No1 singles, seven chart-topping albums and six US No1s — he had no reason for jitters.

In his programme notes he said: “Well, it just goes to show doesn’t it? Never say never, because hell freezes over on a regular basis.”

Forget shifty late night antics in London parks and odd episodes at the wheel of his car, George is one of Britain’s greatest male singers.

And I was pleased to note that his tobacco addiction hasn’t damaged the most prized vocal chords in music.

Classics including Freedom, Faith and encore Careless Whisper sounded as fresh as they did first time round.

I was surprised he didn’t do Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, arguably Wham’s most famous song, but there were plenty of the group’s tunes keep the fans happy.

Flawless sounded amazing and his ballads were played to silence from a crowd eating from the palm of his hand.

It is hard to criticise anything about George’s performance. He doesn’t dance like JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and he didn’t really speak — not one line of Spanish to greet his fans.

And he has admitted he’s no MADONNA, saying: “As much as I don’t want to disappoint those people who want to see more of my bottom, I’m going to be less of a showman and more of a singer.

“Madonna has made it difficult for the rest of us but even if I gave myself another five years I’d never be able to fit into that bloody leotard!”

Now that I would pay good money to see.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006440382,00.html

Snippy little bugger, isn't he? Nice to see him have a go at Bush and madonna on the same night.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

He is a very good singer.

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    He is a very good singer.
    Yes. He has a great voice.

Elite Member

I love this guy and am so happy he's making a return to what he does best.

Silver Member

i cant wait til he comes to glasgow in nov

He's a nasty whore LOL! It doesn't surprise me he asks the US Pres to blow him, considering every one else has (and mostly in public places). I would be more worried about his vocals being messed up BECAUSE of all the blowing, not the tobacco use.

I loved George Michael in 6th grade and still love him 23 years later. He is hot, and gosh can he sing. Love the Madonna and Bush slams.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Quote Originally Posted by equallydivided View Post
    He's a nasty whore LOL! It doesn't surprise me he asks the US Pres to blow him, considering every one else has (and mostly in public places). I would be more worried about his vocals being messed up BECAUSE of all the blowing, not the tobacco use.
    He was never a whore..the sex was always free-he gave it away-you mean nasty SLUT!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I thought he offered the old guy on Hampstead Heath some cash?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

KD
    Elite Member

George Michael tells George Bush 'Blow Me'.

Of course he meant literally and also meant to add, "In the park bathroom."

Aw, good for you, Georgie boy! I was a HUUUUUUUUUUGE Wham! fan back in the day. God, how I did love me some Andrew Ridgely!

I'm kinda curious now. I think I might want to see the show...

Thread Information