Thread: 50 Cent Arrested

Default 50 Cent Arrested

50 Cent arrested in New York
    52 minutes ago From Yahoo News

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rapper 50 Cent was arrested in New York on Friday for driving dangerously in an uninsured Lamborghini through midtown Manhattan, police and witnesses said.

The recording artist, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, was pulled over by an unmarked patrol car. At first he refused a police order to get out of the car, instead making a call on his cell phone, tourist Ian Parvess said.

"Eventually the cops opened the door. ... He just got out of the car and put his hands on the car and they put the cuffs on him," Parvess, who videotaped the arrest, told Reuters.

A police spokesman said he was cited for making an unsafe lane change, driving with an expired permit, driving without insurance and driving without a vehicle registration.

He was due to be released as soon the summonses could be written, the spokesman said.

What kind of an idiot drives a Lamborghini without insurance? And recklessly, to boot?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

An ex-con named 50 Cent?

Oh, THAT kind of idiot! Right!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

LOL. He's a train wreck anyway, and this is probably just the beginning.

Elite Member

The same idiot that put a dance club in his house and thinks its cool.

Elite Member

oh , this idiot again !! He came to our town few months ago and smoked marijuana (it is illegal here ) on the stage and police did nothing about it . . They said later that it wasn't marijuana , it was just a joke . I mean not only he smoked but invited everybody else to do the same thing , and there were lots of kids(10-12 yo) in the audience . I wonder why their parents allowed them to go there .
    Police didn't have enough courage to arrest an "international star" I assume . .

It's never stopped them in Toronto!

What's up with celebrities and driving these days. Too important to follow the rules like us

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    and there were lots of kids(10-12 yo) in the audience . I wonder why their parents allowed them to go there .
    I wonder, too. What the hell kind of parent would let their 10-12 year old child go to a 50-Cent concert? They were probably clueless to it.

The guy is an idiot, sure, but that said, are any of the traffic violations he got busted for really things that normal people get arrested for? Wouldn't most people have gotten away with a ticket? Lots of people drive without insurance and commit the kinds of traffic violations he did; do they all get arrested for it? I've read a couple articles about it, and they don't say he was arrested for resisting, they all say he was taken in because of the traffic violations. I did see a picture of the incident and a bunch of people were standing around heckling the arresting officer who.....not surprising, was white. Just makes me wonder, that's all.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by zerosk8r View Post
    I wonder, too. What the hell kind of parent would let their 10-12 year old child go to a 50-Cent concert? They were probably clueless to it.

The guy is an idiot, sure, but that said, are any of the traffic violations he got busted for really things that normal people get arrested for? Wouldn't most people have gotten away with a ticket? Lots of people drive without insurance and commit the kinds of traffic violations he did; do they all get arrested for it? I've read a couple articles about it, and they don't say he was arrested for resisting, they all say he was taken in because of the traffic violations. I did see a picture of the incident and a bunch of people were standing around heckling the arresting officer who.....not surprising, was white. Just makes me wonder, that's all.
    Driving in NYC without a license or one that is suspened or expired is an arrestable offense.

I feel what you're sayin, zerosk8er, and while I agree, in Fiddy's case, he deserved the arrest for being such a gigantic moron.

But yeah, along the same lines of what you said, I don't see Paris Hilton actually being charged for anything after her DUI. *That* arrest was all for show. Nothing's gonna happen to that bitch. Which it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Driving in NYC without a license or one that is suspened or expired is an arrestable offense.
    Aaah, well there you have it. Thanks, Charmed Hour; I didn't know that.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :lol

Thread Information