Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shanna Moakler: "I was 100% faithful to Travis"

Default Shanna Moakler: "I was 100% faithful to Travis"

Last month, Shanna Moakler's husband and Meet the Barkers costar Travis Barker filed for divorce, charging that the former Miss U.S.A. had cheated on him and neglected their kids.

But Moakler, 30, tells PEOPLE in its new issue that she's a good mom to daughter Alabama, 9 months, son Landon, 2, and Atiana, 7, her daughter with boxer Oscar De La Hoya. "I'm very active in making sure my children are well-adjusted and balanced," she says.

She also says she was never unfaithful to her husband. (Barker's rep tells PEOPLE, "Travis stands by his previous interview. He continues to love Shanna and wants the best for their children.") Here, she talks about what went wrong and why things are looking up.

PEOPLE: How are you doing? Has the anger subsided?
    MOAKLER: I've been better. I've had a rough year. I'm past anger. I'm sad, very disappointed, but I'm trying to stay positive for numerous reasons.

How are the divorce proceedings going?
    The public will be very happy to know that we have a pre-nup! So I'm not stealing his money or gold digging. I have no problem sharing the children with him and I want that very much. I don't see it getting ugly.

Take me through a day in your life as a mother.
    Contrary to what you've read, it does not consist of me sleeping all day. My nanny usually leaves around 6 p.m. I take my kids I give them a bath, I put them to bed. Alabama gets up at midnight and she gets up at four in the morning, and Landon gets up to pee all the time in the middle of the night because he's only two and a half. I never have a straight hour of sleep. When Travis was here, I would give him the babies at 6 a.m. Our nanny comes in at 8 a.m.

So what do you think went wrong in your marriage?
    The problem with my marriage is that I never felt like an equal. When I fall in love, I think I sacrifice a great deal of myself and my personality and my work.

When did your relationship take a turn for the worse?
    About six months ago it got really bad. I think what happened was that he was surrounded by a lot of really bad people. When you have a lot of people kissing your butt all day, and then you come home to the big negative all the time, after a while it takes its toll.

Travis said there were innate personality differences between the two of you.
    We're definitely two different people. Travis is a morning person; I'm a night person. Travis, believe it or not, is a bit more quiet and reserved. I'm more of an extrovert, a social butterfly.

You tried therapy. Did that work at all for you?
    I don't feel like we tried therapy. I feel like we went to maybe one or two sessions and I don't feel like 100 percent was given to that.

Did he ever question you about infidelity?
    Well in the press he has, but to me he never did. I feel like all the things that he said were just excuses for abandoning his family. And I can say on the record that I was 100 percent faithful to that man. I was in love with him.

What have you learned from the situation?
    God, it's so hard. I wish I had that answer. My two past relationships have failed miserably and they've really been identical in the way that they began and ended. So I don't know, I'm still in that confused state.

Would you ever date a celebrity again?
    Yeah, I would. I'll date anyone. I'd like to think that I will do it different next time, but I probably won't because I'll be in love and love is blind. For me right now, I don't ever want to be in a relationship ever again.

Nick and Jessica and Carmen and Dave split after having reality shows about their relationships. Do you believe in the MTV curse?
    I don't believe in the curse. Nope. I don't think the reality show had anything to do with the demise of our relationship.

You must not be turned off of reality TV, since you're doing Dancing With the Stars.
    I really feel like it was divine intervention, that God was like, 'Okay babe. These doors are going to close, (so) I'm going to open some of these doors for you.' It has really helped keep my mind off of things and really helped me be positive.

http://people.aol.com/people/article...2646_1,00.html

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

bitch! but thnk gawd for the pre-nup and yeah she never sees her kids during the day; so i feel sorry for them b/c, "mommies tired and needs her rest"...typical of an alcoholic self-obsessed selfish bitch who neglects her kids! you wait and see; her daughter is gonna get knocked up and married at 16 just to try and find a stable "home" b/c she didn't have one where she was supposed to! The same sort of thing happened w/ Lisa Marie Presley...

SVZ

Travis said there were innate personality differences between the two of you.
    We're definitely two different people. Travis is a morning person; I'm a night person. Travis, believe it or not, is a bit more quiet and reserved. I'm more of an extrovert, a social butterfly.
    Travis is also scarily ugly.

Aww, I used to think Travis was kinda cute...

Take me through a day in your life as a mother.
    Contrary to what you've read, it does not consist of me sleeping all day. My nanny usually leaves around 6 p.m. I take my kids I give them a bath, I put them to bed. Alabama gets up at midnight and she gets up at four in the morning, and Landon gets up to pee all the time in the middle of the night because he's only two and a half. I never have a straight hour of sleep. When Travis was here, I would give him the babies at 6 a.m. Our nanny comes in at 8 a.m.
    Oh, puh-leeze! You have a nanny for fuck sakes who probably does 99% of the child rearing.
    Rock the fuck on!

didn't travis hook up with paris?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoll2025 View Post
    didn't travis hook up with paris?
    i'd like to think he's smarter than that!!

BUT, i liked shanna and i dont understand WHAT EXACTLY happend?

they were cute for each other and i know what she meant by "he's around ppl kissing his ass all day, then home to her and she's like HELL NO!"
    because thats [im sure] had a big toll on him...

girls all over him telling him "oh i'd never do that to you..."

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

at least she got some beautiful kids out of it!... not so great of luck with oscar though... gheeeez

Elite Member

They're BOTH losers. He wanted a piece of ass, a blonde cutie on his arm and she wanted security and to hook up with someone famous--I guess a band member was good enough. Look where it got them. When people get together with ulterior motives and it's not really based on love, chances are it's NOT going to work. It's no surprise they're breaking up after a year or two of being married--they were NEVER for each other and no shit, Shanna, yeah, you're both very different. Too bad you didn't take the time to find that out then and not later.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah unfortunetely its the kids who pay for their immature loserness!

You tried therapy. Did that work at all for you?
    I don't feel like we tried therapy. I feel like we went to maybe one or two sessions and I don't feel like 100 percent was given to that.
    What Im so confused with that answer
    What is this "feel like" either you did or you didnt.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She just comes across as incredibly self-absorbed and stupid.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Aww, I used to think Travis was kinda cute...
    I STILL think he's kinda cute, but it has nothing at all to do with his looks - it's just that he always seemed like such a sweet guy and was really good with those kids. Definitely a case of personality over looks with him...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    She just comes across as incredibly self-absorbed and stupid.

Exactly what I was thinking. And immature. The part about being a 'night person' and a 'social butterfly'...it's so obvious she parties all the time and does sleep all day so the nanny can raise the kids.

I had a hard time following her answers...she doesn't make sense and seems pretty unintelligent.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

She doesn't sleep all day, but Travis had the kids from 6 to 8 when the nanny got there, then she got the kids when the nanny left at 6. Gives her an awful lot of free time...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

he always seemed like such a sweet guy and was really good with those kids. Definitely a case of personality over looks with him...
    Maybe but the few times I saw that show I remember him drooling all over his biological kid while giving very short shrift to her kid from Oscar de la Hoya. Then again, she didn't give that poor little girl much attention either. The kid seemed to spend alot of time pulling on the maid's shirt, trying to get some attention. It's pretty sad when a kid has to turn to the household help for some love.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information