Thread: Donald Trump tells TV Assistant Carolyn: 'You're Fired'

Default Donald Trump tells TV Assistant Carolyn: 'You're Fired'

Trump tells Carolyn: 'You're fired!'
    Kepcher, blonde assistant of 'The Apprentice,' loses job after Trump tires of her.
    August 31 2006: 9:45 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Carolyn Kepcher, the blonde co-star of Donald Trump's 'The Apprentice,' has been fired.

The 36-year old sidekick, who in addition to her role on the show ran the Trump National Golf Club in posh Westchester County north of New York City, was fired earlier this week.

Donald Trump and Carolyn Kepcher

Trump's daughter Ivanka has replaced Kepcher in the role, while Trump's son Don Jr. is the successor to the 78-year old real estate lawyer George Ross on the show.

The show's Web site states Ivanka and Don Jr. will "fill in for" Kepcher and Ross "during multiple episodes of 'The Apprentice'" in the fifth season.

Ross is still "very much a part of the company," Rhona Graff of the Trump Organization said, but because the show is taped in Los Angeles, his appearances on it will be limited this season.

Graff said Trump wishes Kepcher well but had no other comment on the matter.

An article citing unnamed sources in Thursday's New York Post, which first reported the story, indicated Kepcher's lack of focus as a reason for the firing.

Kepcher had agents at ICM handling book and TV offers, while Westport Entertainment managed her speaking engagements and product endorsements, the newspaper reported.

Trump had had trouble reaching her recently as she had been away on a trip to give a speech, the sources told the newspaper.

A source knowledgeable in the matter told the Post that Trump advised Kepcher to "take some time off and spend it with her family, and then get another job."

Kepcher is married and has a son, Connor, 6, and a daughter Cassidy, 4.
    http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/31/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Nice...

Wow!! He always spoke so highly of her. I guess nepotism is very much alive in the Trump Corporation. Although I like Ivanka, I don't want to watch her as one of Trump's sidekicks on the show or his son for that matter.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Nooo, I love Carolyn! I usually agreed with her on the show. Maybe she'll be able to spend some more time with her kids now.

Ivanka and Donald Jr. are boring. It's becoming the Trump family show.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think it's part nepotism and part sexism. Spend more time with your family and then get another job? Gee, Donny, you think she should go the way of that Stepford/trohy wife you're sporting? I don't know why anyone likes this guy.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    Wow!! He always spoke so highly of her. I guess nepotism is very much alive in the Trump Corporation. Although I like Ivanka, I don't want to watch her as one of Trump's sidekicks on the show or his son for that matter.
    ITA with all of what you've said. What have his kids really done to earn that spot? Anything? Please. At least Carolyn was a good role model for business women.

Yeah, I absolutely loved Carolyn. I don't much of what his kids have done besides get a job from daddy. I know they are both well educated but I don't want to watch them on TV, they seem rather boring. Ivanka is well spoken but she doesn't have the personality of Carolyn. This just sucks!!!!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Ivanka maybe well educated, but from the few times I've seen or heard anything from her, she seems dumber than a box of rocks. Anyone can buy their way into a good college or university. I know from experience. As my dad always tells me, when it comes down to it, connections are what really matter.

I loved Carolyn--she really made me watch the Apprentice. I don't know if I'll watch w/ boring Ivanka on.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Now they're saying she wasn't prepared for meetings and wasn't focusing on work as much as her speaking engagements. Who knows if that's true or if it's Trump's spin on things. I'm hoping it's just Trump being an ass. It's easier to hate him than think she was becoming incompetent.

Elite Member

Thats sad that Carolyn got kicked out for his daughter. I liked watching Carolyn, epecially when she got stuck into the apprentices..

I bet Carolyn could sue Trump for discrimination. I think she would have a good case. Trump would never tell a male employee "take some time off and spend it with her family" what a load of crap.

AP reports:

"Donald and I had different visions for my future role in the company," Kepcher said in a statement. "Donald has been an extraordinary boss and a great mentor over the years, and I will always be grateful."

Yeah, right. She wanted to be employed, he wanted her fired.

I'll have to remember that quote for the next time I get laid off.

If she was a male and doing all these speeches and other stuff to make money I'm sure that Donald would say what a great businessman she was and that she's working all the connections she made on the show. Donald just wanted to put Ivanka on the show and make her a star. he's been trying to do it for years and it hasn't worked yet.

Thread Information