Thread: Penelope Cruz slams teen magazines

Default Penelope Cruz slams teen magazines

Penelope Cruz has started a campaign against teen magazines.

The Vanilla Sky star, 32, is attacking the magazines for promoting unhealthy role models for young girls, describing the influence that the magazines have as "horrific". She added that she would shut them down if she had the chance.

Cruz explained, "I would close down all those teenage magazines that encourage young girls to diet. Who says that to be pretty you have to be thin? Some people look better thin and some people don't. For example, I look better when I have three more kilos on me than I do now. The influence of those magazines on girls as young as 13 is horrific, at 13 you are still a child."

Penelope Cruz will star in the romantic drama Manolete later this year, as Antonita "Lupe" Sino.

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/w/star/n...Teen-Mags.html

You should only diet if you really need to...

SVZ

I can't wait until this wild monkey starts flinging poo!

Call me crazy, but I agree with her!

i both agree and disagree, nobody looks good anorexic thin or grossly obese but dieting is not always about losing weight, when done properly dieting is just a healthy eating schedule/lifestyle. When done responsibly having a healthy eating plan is a lot better than eating Maccas, takeaway and other greasy stuff.

But on the other side im not sure if it is appropriate to be "promoting" diets to teenagers, maybe teach them about healthy food choices and staying active would be fine.

I agree with her, theres that much shit in those magazines that warp young girls minds. And that was me once.

Anyone who has been anywhere near the Teen Vogue forums will agree with her. Those girls make me worry for my generation.

i agree with her...i hope she gets somewhere with all of this.....the mags should focus more on teaching teens how to eat healthy and excersise...not to starve yourself on the maple syrup diet...and cut out the crap like ashley simpson pulled.."oh i would never get plastic surgery" what does she do?? goes out and gets her face totally re done...what kind of role model is that??

Cool

Why arent Tom and Penelope not together anymore? They both say some of the stupidest shit when they open thier mouths...

Even if Penelope is trying to prove a point, it wont work because there are still stupid SKINNY people walking around making money. Like Mischa Barton and Paris Hilton, who may not be making money off of being almost ANI, but they certainly don’t offer much in the brains, acting, or even singing areas.

People, like PH, in Hollywood should be labeled for who they really are. Stereotypes, such as, if you arent smart you better be pretty, skinny, or cook pretty damn good if you want men to notice you or become ANYTHING. In fact, instead of insulting how we over analyze our bodies, maybe we should shift the focus on PRAISING those who use their minds and actual talent to make a name for themselves.
    Last edited by Seapharris7; August 29th, 2006 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I think this chick has bigger issues---she cant even speak English and shes been in the usa for like 10 yrs

My grandmother has lived in Australia for 40 years and speaks italian- no english. I think its ignorant.

I didn't know Penelope speaks no english..

im sure she does speak english but i think she still has a very strong accent which makes her english harder to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    im sure she does speak english but i think she still has a very strong accent which makes her english harder to understand
    I always thought it was done on purpose to be different from other actresses. I always thought it was nice that there was an actress that spoke with her accent.

Thread Information