Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Exclamation Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

ENQUIRER EXCLUSIVE: ROBIN WILLIAMS IN ALCOHOL REHAB

Robin Williams checked himself into rehab in a desperate bid to win a three-year battle with booze that's threatening to destroy his marriage, The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively.

The Oscar-winning actor's drinking was so out of control that he suffered repeated blackouts, sources say, and after he was photographed hugging a waitress in a bar on May 22, his wife Marsha slapped him with an ultimatum: Get help or I'm leaving.

To save himself and his 17-year marriage, Williams entered a 30-day program at the Hazelden Springbrook alcohol rehab facility in Newberg, Ore., on July 11.

"My drink of choice was vodka," he told a pal.

"I would buy two pints at a time, one for each jacket pocket. But I had to be careful. I didn't want to be seen buying liquor every day."

Williams told a souce that he hatched a plan to buy booze only at liquor stores owned by Asians, figuring he wouldn't be recognized. He was wrong.

The first time he went into an Asian-owned liquor store, the proprietor said: "Robin Williams, how are you? You buy liquor?"

All the details are in the new issue of the Enquirer.

Published on: 08/09/2006
    www.nationalenquirer.com

-I hear it might really be coke though...a la Mary Kate's rehab for an "eating disorder"

Default Re: Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

Williams was looking pretty puffy of late, so I wouldn't think it was his old comedy schtick fuel source.

Still... Robeen Wiwwiams! How are you? You buy riquor?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exclamation Re: Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

Oh Mel - I forgive you!

For I have also fallen into drunken outbursts!
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Does anyone else find this funny???

Wink Re: Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Does anyone else find this funny???

I find the whole Mel Gibson thing has been completely blown out of proportion. People drink and drive all the time, they also go to jail and pay fines, they also may say some things that they didnít really mean. Instead of scolding Mel for drinking and driving - which is what he actually did, the media is trying to make him out to be a Nazi just because he said some things when he was DRUNK.
    But if Robin feels he really needs to get help with a problem - more power to him. I have more respect for him doing it now, as opposed to waiting until he said some "anti-SemiticĒ things after being caught drunk.

Totally agree with you Seapharris7 that the media has blown this Mel Gibson thing way out of proportion. Society is so quick to scold and bring down people for doing stuff they very well do or could very well do in the future. You just never know what the future holds and to pass judgement on others and say "oh Id never do that" is wrong.
    Im glad Robin Williams is getting the help he needs and good that its away from Hollywood. No temptations.

Cool Re: Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

I mean, he has been with his wife awhile - longer then most Hollywood couples, so I trust him to make the right choices about his life. Hopefully he will make the best of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    I find the whole Mel Gibson thing has been completely blown out of proportion. People drink and drive all the time, they also go to jail and pay fines, they also may say some things that they didnít really mean. Instead of scolding Mel for drinking and driving - which is what he actually did, the media is trying to make him out to be a Nazi just because he said some things when he was DRUNK.
    Yeah, you know that having links to a vehemently anti-semitic group based on Australia and being raised in a household of holocaust deniers surely didn't have ANYTHING to do with it..

Being drunk lowers inhibitions, and the real uncontrolled you comes out. That's what he is without self control.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Glad he decided to get help. We may see more of this from other
    celebrities who are worried about pulling a Mel Gibson.

As for trusting Robin, I never trust a man who screws around on his wife with his children's nanny.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

^^ I know. YOu would think that the affairs that he has would be a threat to the marriage not the alcoholism. Or maybe he told her if he quits drinking then he wouldn't cheat anymore

Wink Re: Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

^ yeah or maybe he uses empty booze bottles to "cheat" w/ other women taking himself sorta out of the equation!?

I think they jumped all over Mel because his Dad is known for being a racist too, saying things like the Nazis really didn't kill all those jews in the gas chambers

Cool Re: Robin Williams In Alcohol Rehab

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Glad he decided to get help. We may see more of this from other
    celebrities who are worried about pulling a Mel Gibson.

As for trusting Robin, I never trust a man who screws around on his wife with his children's nanny.

Well, luckily I am not sleeping with him and do not need to bother myself with who he's sleeping with. In light of the new information, if its true, his wife probably wont leave him after this whole thing. He most likely told her he was drunk when he was banging the nanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, you know that having links to a vehemently anti-semitic group based on Australia and being raised in a household of holocaust deniers surely didn't have ANYTHING to do with it..

Being drunk lowers inhibitions, and the real uncontrolled you comes out. That's what he is without self control.
    I agree that alcohol lowers your inhibitions, but it doesnít always mean you are speaking the truth - much less in your right frame of mind. I know it does seem odd THIS was the subject he was going off about, but to ASSUME every other person in Hollywood is prejudice in some way shape or form is ridiculous.
    I think the only reason everyone flipped out about what he said, whether or not he was linked to the anti-Semitic group, was because most people are naÔve enough to believe who they see on TV and in the theater are how these people are in real life. That are people love to see someone who seemingly had a lot going for them take a long hard fall down.
    Last edited by Seapharris7; August 9th, 2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bronze Member

when was rw (allegedly?) banging the nanny? i'm totally lost and out of the loop?

^ His Current Wife Used To Be His Kids Nanny From His Previous Marriage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information