Thread: Maggie Gyllenhaal has no problem with her parents seeing her nude scenes

Default Maggie Gyllenhaal has no problem with her parents seeing her nude scenes

SECRETARY star MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL has no qualms about her parents seeing her naked on the big screen, because she grew up in such a liberal household. The actress went topless in a scene for her upcoming movie SHERRYBABY and credits parents STEPHEN, a director and NAOMI FONER, a screenwriter, for her open-minded stance on nudity. She explains, "My parents are pretty mellow - I let them see (my nude scenes)." Gyllenhaal recalls appearing in a play where she played a stripper saying, "Someone said, 'How can you stand watching your daughter do this?' "My dad said, 'Come on! I changed her diapers!'"

contactmusic.com

__________________________________________________ ___

Another papa joe, haha.

Default Re: Maggie Gyllenhaal has no problem with her parents seeing her nude scenes

I changed diapers, but I have no desire to see either one of my teenagers in the buff now.

Silver Member

Default Re: Maggie Gyllenhaal has no problem with her parents seeing her nude scenes

Guess what? I have a problem with seeing her naked.

I've heard Maggie Gyllenhaal say stuff like this before in interviews and I think their family life just seems very bizarre. Simpson-like.

Silver Member

I don'twant to see her naked either but I remember when there was a story on this forum about Vince Vaughn's parents seeing Jen naked on the set of The Break Up and mostly everyone said "Good for her" and "People make a big deal out of nudity, there's nothing wrong".

So it's ok to let your boyfriend's parents see you walking around naked, just not your own parents?

Aren't both circumstances kinda wrong?

i think if everyone involved is comfortable with it, it's no big deal. i don't get the simpsons' slimy incestuous ex-preacher vibe from the gyllenhaals, they just seem like they grew up with ex-hippie parents.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think if everyone involved is comfortable with it, it's no big deal. i don't get the simpsons' slimy incestuous ex-preacher vibe from the gyllenhaals, they just seem like they grew up with ex-hippie parents.
    I totally agree! I'm not sure I'd be comfortable watching my daughter (and I know my husband wouldn't), but that's just our hangup. Families are all different, as long as it works for them - more power to 'em.

Bronze Member

About a year ago, my dad saw me naked by accident, and I was mortified....
    I must have avoided him for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by asina View Post
    About a year ago, my dad saw me naked by accident, and I was mortified....
    I must have avoided him for a month.
    I bet that must have been pretty embarassing!

KD
    Elite Member

It's perfectly creepy to me, to not care a bit if my dad saw me nude. Now, just topless is one thing, but nude nude, EEEWWWW. Just me, though.

Thread Information