Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tori Spelling says her mom went cheap on her wedding

Default Tori Spelling says her mom went cheap on her wedding

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/26/tori-t...ut-my-wedding/
    With reports of Tori Spelling's recent money woes, TMZ has learned that it was her first wedding that got the ball rolling in the rift between the "90210" star and her mother -- eventually leading to Tori's inheritance being torpedoed.

Tori was married to Charlie Shanian in July of 2004 at the Spelling's 56,000 square foot Holmby Hills estate and Candy Spelling planned the whole thing. She opened her wallet big time, hiring famed wedding planner Mindy Weiss and the tony Mark's Garden for the floral arrangements. We're told Candy dropped a cool mil on the affair. But a family friend tells TMZ, Tori felt utterly shortchanged. The friend tells TMZ that Tori thought the wedding "wasn't big enough."

Candy, on the other hand, felt slighted that Tori did not include enough of Candy's friends on the guest list. The two fought the entire time leading up to the wedding, at times not speaking to each other.

Now, after the death of Tori's TV legend father Aaron, Us Weekly is reporting that Tori will receive an inheritance that is just .16% of the Spelling fortune.
    In an issue on newsstands today, Us says that Tori will receive a cash inheritance payment of $200,000 and $600,000 in private investments Aaron had set up for her. A family source tells Us this is not what Aaron had intended, but rather "a move that her mother, Candy, sole managing executor of the estate, had designed as revenge against her long-estranged daughter."

But don't think Candy has had the last laugh. There are reports that Spelling had Alzheimer's when he died. So don't rule out a challenge by Tori, who might argue that her dad was not mentally competent to cut her out.

TMZ is awaiting a response from a representative for Candy Spelling.
    Last edited by moomies; July 27th, 2006 at 04:02 PM. Reason: full name in title needed

Default Re: Tori says her mom went cheap on her wedding

A million dollar wedding isn't big enough ... dumb selfish cow.

Elite Member

This mud slinging in the press has got to end. Does Tori realize that what she's saying can never be taken back?

Personally, I would have been perfectly content with a million dollar wedding, but then I'm not a rich spoiled brat. It's probably a good thing her mother finally stepped up and limited her inheritance. This girl obviously needs to learn the hard way how the other half lives!

You see parents....this is what happens when you indulge your child's every whim!
    Last edited by Elisa; July 27th, 2006 at 01:37 PM.

Here's an idea...if you are an ADULT and you are OLD ENOUGH to choose to get married, PAY FOR YOUR OWN DAMN WEDDING. I hate this crap. I've seen tons of friends get married and rely on mommy and daddy to fund the whole thing. It does nothing but create problems. Hell, if you cannot financially afford a wedding, either scale down your plans or wait. It's not that hard. Tori should STF up and Candy should have taught her child how to be self sufficient.

I think both the mother and the daughter are pathetic.

The daughter may have inappropriate expectations but I don't doubt for a second that the mother isn't a manipulative bitch.

After all her daughter had to learn it somewhere.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

They didn't write scripts for Aaron's programs, they just stole his diary.... The whole family has the "drama queen gene."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Here's an idea...if you are an ADULT and you are OLD ENOUGH to choose to get married, PAY FOR YOUR OWN DAMN WEDDING. I hate this crap. I've seen tons of friends get married and rely on mommy and daddy to fund the whole thing. It does nothing but create problems. Hell, if you cannot financially afford a wedding, either scale down your plans or wait. It's not that hard. Tori should STF up and Candy should have taught her child how to be self sufficient.
    I totally agree. When I got engaged, both set of parents offered X number of dollars. We paid for my dress, the flowers and limos with the amount given to us. The other 36 grand, we saved up over the long 3 year engagement.

Elite Member

I wish both of them would just shut it. In a lot of states when a spouse dies the entire estate goes to the living spouse, so why all this talk about Tori getting $$$ now?

Regardless.. I hope her mom changes the will and Tori is cut out when her mom passes away. These two are pathetic.

Bronze Member

Im Going To Just Say It....i Would Be Pissed If I Only Got Left $1.0 Million Dollars....my Parents AreN'T Half As Rich As The Specllings And I Will Be Getting A Million Dollars When My Father Dies...that's Just Wrong...yeah She Is Spoiled But She Is Deserving Of More Than That From Her Father...she'll Challenge It...and She'll Win....the Mother Is Being A Little Bratty Too If You Ask Me....

KD
    Elite Member

Gee, if the first wedding had been bigger, *then* would you have stayed married?

That's a way to win back mommy's luv & become a media darling - bitch about a multi million dollar wedding cuz it's not big enuff.
    Maybe mommy knew it wouldn't last.
    Last edited by Lakesweetjane; July 28th, 2006 at 10:40 AM.
    WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra and panties.

Quote Originally Posted by 2003pinkpoodle
    Im Going To Just Say It....i Would Be Pissed If I Only Got Left $1.0 Million Dollars....my Parents AreN'T Half As Rich As The Specllings And I Will Be Getting A Million Dollars When My Father Dies...that's Just Wrong...yeah She Is Spoiled But She Is Deserving Of More Than That From Her Father...she'll Challenge It...and She'll Win....the Mother Is Being A Little Bratty Too If You Ask Me....

You're right.
    It just needs to put into perspective.
    Let's say the death of a father leaves 500k, 300k for the mother and 100k each to the two children. Seems fair no?

Let say the death of a father leaves 500k, $498,400 for the mother and $800 dollars for each of the two children.

OK - now what does everyone have to say?!

The truth is money + death always leads to greed and bad blood.
    It is distrubing to think that a child is calculating what mommie and daddy will leave behind for them when they die.
    Lao-tzu

Default Re: Tori Spelling says her mom went cheap on her wedding

You know this story is nothing more than bullshit.

An executor can not change a will. What it says in the will; whatever it was that Aaron left Tori, is what Tori is going to get.

Aye, rich people and their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    You know this story is nothing more than bullshit.

An executor can not change a will. What it says in the will; whatever it was that Aaron left Tori, is what Tori is going to get.

It probably is but if you read between the lines the suggestion is that Candy steered her husband during the time of his lessoned mental state and being that she is both a beneficiary and the executor she may have that sort of influence or motive.
    Lao-tzu

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information