Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay Lohan 'Hospitalized' Again

Red face Lindsay Lohan 'Hospitalized' Again

Lindsay Lohan's Heat Wave

Actress Lindsay Lohan was taken to a Los Angeles-area hospital by private car Tuesday from the set of her upcoming movie, Georgia Rule, after she became "overheated and dehydrated," her rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnick, confirmed.

Lohan had reportedly been filming in 105 degree weather for 12 hours at the time she was overcome by the heat. She was judged to be "totally fine" after receiving a vitamin B-12 shot and a good night's sleep, her rep said. She was scheduled to return to the set Thursday.

Trips to the hospital are not an uncommon event in the life of the 20-year-old starlet.

In the month of January alone, she was rushed to two separate hospitals--one in London, after cutting herself on a broken teacup, and one in Miami, after she suffered an asthma attack.

Last October, she was hospitalized for minor injuries after crashing her car into a van while attempting to elude paparazzi.

In October 2004, she spent five days at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center-- a stay she later attributed to being "overtired and working [her]self to death" on the set of Herbie: Fully Loaded.

In a recent interview with Harper's Bazaar, Lohan stressed that she was ready to lose her "party girl" image and to be taken seriously as an actress.

"I'm in this career for the longevity of it, not just for doing everything too fast and then running out of steam," Lohan told the magazine.

Sounds like she's still got plenty of steam--maybe even too much for her own good.
    http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,19602,00.html

Has she run out of imagination?.... This excuse is getting' really old on her.

**IF she truly did pass out, then it might have helped if she actually had FOOD in her stomach.
    Last edited by mtlebay; July 26th, 2006 at 09:18 PM.

Default Re: Lindsay Lohan 'Hospitalized' Again

Dehydration? Meh. Get a drink lackey like Mariah.

Can't she pick a boob size and stick to them??

Doesn't sound like a very healthy 20 yr old to me. Of course a hard night of drinking & druging will dehydrate you! Someone from Gatoraide should call her about being their spokesdrunk!
    Last edited by sprynkles; July 26th, 2006 at 10:36 PM.

Zee

Lindsay needs to get velcro titties implanted.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Who the hell gets rushed to the hospital for "cutting themself on a broken teacup"??!!? That's gotta be the lamest cover-up for a drug-related ER visit, that i've ever heard. As well as the week-long hospital stay for "exhaustion". Give me a mother-f*ckin break! If you're exhausted, take a good long freaking nap--end of story! And then the hospitalization for a couple nights for an "asthma attack". I have bad asthma, and i've never come close to spending two nights in the hospital for even a horribly bad attack. And how coincidental that Blowhan just happened to be out partying her ass off when the *emergency-medical-attention-requiring-asthma-attack* occurred. PUH-LEASE. This girl is a hard-core drug addict who needs major help, yet is in serious DENIAL. (OK, end of rant!)
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Vit B12...something given to alcoholics....interesting.

Silver Member

This won't have a happy ending.

If she's going out and partying at night (drinking alcohol) she would likely be dehydrated - alcohol does that period.

Which I'm not saying as an excuse - I'm saying it because she just need to grow the hell up or do a better job as a functioning addict.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

People like lindsay are what is so wrong with hollywood today. Hollywood, the world media, and papparazzis pay so much attention to talent less train wrecks like lindsay lohan, blessing her with movie roles and endorsement deals, for doing nothing more meaningful than prancing around in skimpy bikinis and cruising the party scene in a drug fueled haze.

It makes you long for the days where hollywood starlets had class, true beauty, and dignity, like Audrey Hepburn. Not saying there weren't problems back then, or they were perfect behind the glamour, but still. I wonder what classy celebrities like Julia Roberts think of all this...

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Vit B12...something given to alcoholics....interesting.
    I know...That stood out to me too, Bella. Not exactly something typically injected into the average person. I'm no expert but, i'm a Medical Paralegal by occupation, and of the tens of thousands (if not more) of medical records i've analyzed & worked on, i've only come across severely alcoholic patients receiving Vit B12 injections.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

I went to a doctor once with flu like symtoms. I felt like crap. He gave me a B12 injection and I went home feeling 50% better.

Elite Member

I don't know LL..... how about staying home sometime instead of going to bars, parties, drug fests, sleepovers, the beach, the ivy, premieres, etc... YOUR 20!!!!! As I've said on just about every Lindsay "hospital emergency" announcement..... she will be in rehab before she turns 21.

I guess only in Hollywood, do people get rushed to the hospital for exhuastion. Where is her mother? Furthermore, is it necessary to make a public announcement?

I WISH that someone "an unidentified source" that worked at one of the hospitals would leak what REALLY happened.

off my soapbox now too...

Silver Member

I was a medic while in the military. B12 is generally used in cases of moderate to severe exhaustion. Which is why people with the flu are often given it. Usually it is not given to somebody who is dehydrated due to B12 being a complex vitamin and thus hard for the body to quickly break down. Not something you'd give somebody with just heat stroke. It seems that is what they are saying she had.

I agree it sounds alcohol and/or drug related. At very least it shows she isn't eating right and has a low red blood cell count. Wasn't she just partying a day or two ago at someone's birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006
    cruising the party scene in a drug fueled haze.

for some reason this line really does it for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information