Thread: ABC's Lost Signs 'Brazilian Tom Cruise,' Rodrigo Santoro

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default ABC's Lost Signs 'Brazilian Tom Cruise,' Rodrigo Santoro

ABC's Lost Signs 'Brazilian Tom Cruise,' Rodrigo Santoro By Jim Roberts
    Jul 25, 2006

Just how many people are on that island? ABC's hit series 'Lost' has finally figured out that we really, really don't like re-runs and has changed it's format to a split season schedule.
    ABC's Lost Signs 'Brazilian Tom Cruise' Rodrigo Santoro
    And now they are bringing in more eye candy for the ladies. Rodrigo Santoro who TV Guide calls the 'Brazilian Tom Cruise' is online according to an exclusive report from TV Guide.

On the TV Guide blog:
    Lost has found its new mystery man — and you're reading about it here first! Rodrigo Santoro, best known to American audiences as the hot dude Laura Linney crushed on in Love Actually, is joining the cast this fall.
    I know what you're thinking, "Rodrigo... Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout Willis?"
    That was my initial reaction, too. Well, the 30-year-old actor may not be a household name here in the States, but there apparently is no bigger movie star in Brazil than him. Don't take my word for it, though. Read on, as Lost boys Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse proudly discuss their latest find. (see link below)

He was quite a hit on 'Love Actually' as was Pirates of the Caribbean's Keria Knightley.

Carlton Cuse tells TV Guide - well in true 'Lost' form - uh nothing:
    "We don't really want to be at all specific about what we're doing with the character or what he's going to play. Part of the surprise and the enjoyment of watching the show is sort of getting a chance to meet a new character and see how his role is going to unfold in relation to the rest of the cast."
    But now things seem to be getting out of balance. The gals now have Doc, Mr. Eko, Sawyer and the 'Brazilian Tom Cruise' while many of the ladies have been killed off.
    Will there be another femme signing soon?
    --Jim Roberts

source:
    http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27267279.shtml

Why the hell are they calling this guy Brazilian "Tom Cruise"? That's such an insult

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: ABC's Lost Signs 'Brazilian Tom Cruise,' Rodrigo Santoro

Damn, this guy is hot! I saw a picture of him in some swim trunks on another website, and he is really built. Looks like I'll be watching "Lost" next season, though I've never been interested in this "Gilligan's Island" before.

Uh, they are on an island....it's interesting to see how all of these people keep popping up....and completely contrived. Nothing like keeping it realistic....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Another show 'jumps the shark'.

Okay, they will run into serious space problems there on that islands. First the Fronties, then the Others, then the Rousseau team, then the Tailies, then the guys from the Dharma Initiative, and now some other newbie. By season 4 there will have to be bamboo-built skyscrapers on the island to accommodate them all.

Mind you, I'm not complaining- Rodrigo Santoro... nope, not complaining AT ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by equallydivided
    Uh, they are on an island....it's interesting to see how all of these people keep popping up....and completely contrived. Nothing like keeping it realistic....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Another show 'jumps the shark'.
    Well, it's not as if the show was realistic to begin with- polar bears, anyone? If you want realistic, watch... well, don't watch TV. I don't think the show is doing any shark-jumping any time soon.

Given his recent behaviour, is calling someone "the Brazillian Tom Cruise" really that much of a compliment?

They better not be bumping Sawyer off!!
    Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

Oooooo HAWT!!!! He makes Tom Cruise look about as attractive as a turd in a punchbowl.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Bronze Member

He is an outstanding actor. Outstanding as in Robert DeNiro. Too bad heŽll be in a TV show in which heŽll probably have 4 or 5 lines, same as happened in Love Actually. I think maybe heŽs trying to pull an Antonio Banderas in Hollywood, which sucks, cuz IŽm sure heŽll be underestimated for being Latin.

Rodrigo, just keep shooting the great movies you did here in Brazil p-lease!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood
    Given his recent behaviour, is calling someone "the Brazillian Tom Cruise" really that much of a compliment?
    Yeah, that was mean!

Rodrigo is absolutely drool-worthy. He may have had only a few lines in Love Actually... but he definitely left an impression! But yeah: nobody touch Sawyer- or else!

ooo Rodrigo...you SEXY!!!
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

Oooh gorgeous! Just another cutie to add to the Lost-list
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I love this guy. He came out with Nicole Kidman in that Chanel ad. So effing hot, it hurts.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Tom Cruise??? WTF??? No, no... these names should be very, VERY separated. Rodrigo is normal (and he's human).

He's "grown up" to be such a gorgeous man (and he's EXTREMELY talented). Seems like yesterday the day I saw him at the beach. It was ten years ago, he was just starting out on soaps. I was a stupid kid and my grandpa had left me in the hot car, and I couldn't unlock myself from the inside without a key. I stuck my face to a window, hoping someone would come to my rescue (in other words, go back to the yacht club, find grandpa and ask him to let me out of that fuckin' oven). Unlucky me, the only person who passed by before I nearly died and grandpa came back was Rodrigo Santoro: skinny, long hair, with a surfboard under his arm. I was desperately staring at him with an SOS look. He stared as well and kept on staring as far as he could... and that was it. The bastard didn't help me because he thought I was starstruck or something. I still like him though.

Three new castaways ready to get ‘Lost’
    Elizabeth Mitchell, Kiele Sanchez and Rodrigo Santoro join the cast

Updated: 5:42 p.m. CT Aug 11, 2006
    BURBANK, CA - Remember those episodes of “Gilligan's Island” when Gilligan would run into some stranger while looking for coconuts and it was never really explained how they ended up on the island? Well, ABC's “Lost” is adding three new characters for the show's third season and, just like that other classic show, no one is saying how they got there.

Over the last week it was announced that actors Rodrigo Santoro, Kiele Sanchez and Elizabeth Mitchell would be the show's latest castaways. While “Losties” all over the Internet will be speculating whether these characters are crash survivors, Others or from some unseen part of the island, most people will be wondering just who the heck are these actors? I mean they're not household names... yet! But maybe after their tour of the island, they will be ....

Elizabeth Mitchell
    According to trade reports, Elizabeth Mitchell will play a character named Juliet, a possible love interest for Jack (Matthew Fox). Mitchell, who was raised in Texas, has done a lot of TV appearing on such shows as “House,” “Everwood” and “Boston Legal.” Fans of “ER” will recognize her as Dr. Kerry Weaver's lover, Dr. Kim Legaspi. Perhaps her most high profile role to date is as Mrs. Claus opposite Tim Allen's Santa in “The Santa Clause 2.” Mitchell will reprise her role in the upcoming sequel “The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause,” which hits theaters Nov. 3.

Kiele Sanchez
    The Chicago born Kiele Sanchez (pronounced KY-LEE) has been cast as Nikki, the love interest of fellow newbie Rodrigo Santoro (more on him below). Sanchez has probably appeared in more short-lived series than anyone else in recent memory. Last season she starred in The WB's “Related,” before that she starred opposite Breckin Meyer in ABC's “Married to the Kelleys” and the drama “That Was Then.” This is a shame because Kiele is a really talented actress and hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things for her. She's also a very attractive woman, which should make her quite popular.

Rodrigo Santoro
    Don't worry, there's some new guy candy on the island too — Brazilian hunk Rodrigo Santoro. Often compared to Tom Cruise for his smoldering good looks, Santoro is a huge star in his native land, winning numerous awards. Stateside, he has appeared opposite Nicole Kidman in the Chanel commercials directed by Baz Luhrmann and with Demi Moore in “Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle” (remember that surfing scene?!). His best-known role in this country was as the object of Laura Linney's desire in the romantic comedy “Love Actually.” The producers of “Lost” aren't revealing just who Rodrigo will be playing other than he will be romancing Kiele Sanchez. TV Guide is reporting that his character will be competing with Jack and Sawyer for Kate! Some guys have all the luck.

That's the lowdown on the new residents of “Lost's” island. Let's hope they last longer than two of last season's three new castaways, who ended up as Hanso Foundation fodder.

Copyright 2006 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14308832/

Thread Information