Thread: Uma Thurman says, "Don't talk to me about Ethan Hawke"

SVZ

Default Uma Thurman says, "Don't talk to me about Ethan Hawke"

Uma on Ex: Gag Me
    http://tv.msn.com/movies/hotgossipb4

Uma Thurman is sick of talking about her failed marriage to Ethan Hawke. Literally. "If I see one more headline about it, I'll gag," she tells Parade magazine. "I'm just another American woman who was in an unfulfilled marriage that fell apart."

And even though talk of their 2003 split can bring on the bile, the statuesque stunner, currently out stumping for "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" (are we the only ones who laughed out loud at this trailer? Thought so), isn't about to trash her ex, with whom she has two kids.

"I cannot participate in anything critical about my children's father," she says of Hawke, who has repeatedly denied allegations that his wandering eye doomed their union. "I just need to keep peace. I think it's fair to say that I haven't said one mean thing, and I'm not going to start now. It's terrible for my family."

According to Uma, "I have so many great things happening that to mope about the fact that I was in a bad marriage is a waste of time."

She reveals that, much like the "Six Million Dollar Man," she's "remaking my life better than it was before," but fesses up that she still finds relationships a bit confusing.

"You need to want to be forgiving," explains the actress. "The problem is that, if you want to, you'll forgive the unforgivable. I am very perceptive about people, but then if I'm attracted to them, I'm not always looking clearly ... I'm working on a decoding system -- especially for men."

She claims she's now single, telling Parade, "I've been in and out of a relationship with a wonderful man, and I'm out of it now ... I'm just on my own." She adds to "Extra," "I'm on the market, price upon request."

Thurman, however, still seems to be sold on Andre Balazs, the debonair hotel mogul she began dating in late 2003 and whom she described a few months back as "cute, intelligent, interesting and complicated, and very supportive." Although they announced in March that they'd parted ways, they've continued to spend quality time together.

Paparazzi snapped Balazs planting a kiss on Thurman as they strolled along the beach in Saint-Tropez on July 2, and the New York Post spied them quaffing martinis last Friday at a Hamptons eatery, where Uma asked an obliging staffer to fetch her a can of OFF! to battle a mosquito attack.

Default Re: Uma Thurman says, "Don't talk to me about Ethan Hawke"

I'm just another American woman who was in an unfulfilled marriage that fell apart.

[...]

to mope about the fact that I was in a bad marriage is a waste of time.
    Whew, glad that they clarified that she was NOT about to trash her ex! Otherwise I would have thought she was. Apparently she's really been hurt. At least she lets it sound like Ethan behaved like a pig. But NO, she doesn't because she's SO not trashing her ex. What a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Collaroy
    Whew, glad that they clarified that she was NOT about to trash her ex! Otherwise I would have thought she was. Apparently she's really been hurt. At least she lets it sound like Ethan behaved like a pig. But NO, she doesn't because she's SO not trashing her ex. What a relief.
    Well they did divorce so obviously the marriage was unfulfilled..
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

I don't know what she saw in that little creep in the first place. Uma deserves WAY better than that!

Well, she COULD have said that they're still good friends or whatever, that they had a great time while it lasted- I don't know, whatever all the other divorced couples say in that situation. She is probably too classy to voice it more explicitly, but what she did say definitely sounds angry and bitter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by panda
    I don't know what she saw in that little creep in the first place. Uma deserves WAY better than that!
    I like Ethan. I like Uma too. I like them both. In fact, I love everyone. Ah, Xanax... good stuff.

SVZ

Uma does have a movie coming out called my Super Ex-Girlfriend

I totally agree with you here -

Well, she COULD have said that they're still good friends or whatever, that they had a great time while it lasted- I don't know, whatever all the other divorced couples say in that situation. She is probably too classy to voice it more explicitly, but what she did say definitely sounds angry and bitter to me.

I like Ethan. I like Uma too. I like them both. In fact, I love everyone. Ah, Xanax... good stuff.
    Zoloft works wonders...
    cry me a river, build me a bridge, and GET OVER IT.

Quote Originally Posted by leapinglilies
    I totally agree with you here -

Zoloft works wonders...
    Really? I don't know, I guess I'm a Xanax girl. It does a better job at drowning all those voices in my head that keep telling me to "Kiiiiiiill! Kill 'em aaaaall!".

ETA: Since I'm new here, I guess I should add that I'm only joking. ... Or am I? Hmm... I guess you'll never know... until it's too late. *snickers maniacally* ... Seriously though, I am kidding. Mostly. No, I mean, I really am! ... or that's what I want you to believe! Oh stop it now, I'm trying to talk here! No YOU stop it! No, YOU stop it, you started it! No I didn't! Yes you did!

... okay, this board needs a *gonecompletelybonkers* smiley now that I'm around.

I think she said it very well.

Really? I don't know, I guess I'm a Xanax girl. It does a better job at drowning all those voices in my head that keep telling me to "Kiiiiiiill! Kill 'em aaaaall!".

ETA: Since I'm new here, I guess I should add that I'm only joking. ... Or am I? Hmm... I guess you'll never know... until it's too late. *snickers maniacally* ... Seriously though, I am kidding. Mostly. No, I mean, I really am! ... or that's what I want you to believe! Oh stop it now, I'm trying to talk here! No YOU stop it! No, YOU stop it, you started it! No I didn't! Yes you did!

... okay, this board needs a *gonecompletelybonkers* smiley now that I'm around.
    Hey Collaroy!

Welcome! Crazy posters are always good posters!

I just noticed: We're neighbors. I live right around the corner from you. Now don't you start stalking me! Better take some more of that Xanax!

Quote Originally Posted by panda
    He was quite hot in Dead Poet's Society, and I had a major crush on him. Then while growing into an adult, he started looking dirty and grungy and he DIDN"T grow into his looks (e.g. his ears swelled on the sides of his head and he aged into a 40yr old man!).

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    the statuesque stunner
    I'm stuck on this part.

Really, can't blame her *that* has got to get old.

heh heh heh. Guess it was a not-so-freudian slip. I think Ethan's good-looking and a great actor, but I also think he's a self-absorbed douche bag. There, I said it so she doesn't have to.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy
    Hey Collaroy!

Welcome! Crazy posters are always good posters!

I just noticed: We're neighbors. I live right around the corner from you. Now don't you start stalking me! Better take some more of that Xanax!
    ... and right next corner means...? Don't you worry, I never stalk! I... follow. And observe. But I'm very discreet, you'll never even notice me, so never mind.

BTW, I might ditch Xanax for Teamocil- I've gotten into Arrested Development lately, and if it makes Lindsey happy, then it will probably work for me.

SO...Uma..did ethan cheat on you? And with whom?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Thread Information