Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jada Pinkett Smith horrified by US values

Default Jada Pinkett Smith horrified by US values

PINKETT SMITH HORRIFIED BY US VALUES Actress/singer JADA PINKETT SMITH is horrified by increasing gun crime in the United States, declaring the country must look to third world countries to rediscover its values. The WICKED WISDOM frontwoman and her actor/rapper husband WILL SMITH have travelled to Africa on several occasions for charity work and have been humbled by citizens' appreciation of the basic things in life - like education. The Smiths will fund and appear at CHARLES 'CHARLIE MACK' ALSTON's annual Party 4 Peace in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania this weekend (22-23JUL05), which aims to raise awareness of street crime. Pinkett Smith says, "It's pretty bad everywhere. I think we're in a worse situation now than I can think of ever. Just the amount of injustice that we're doing to one another. It's such a complicated issue. "It's an epidemic. If you look at our homes, it's clear why. We need a new reality. The idea that we're supposed to sit back and wait for somebody to do something for us, that's not going to happen. "I've gone to Africa where kids go to school and share one textbook, (I've met) kids that are walking three miles to school, three miles home because education is valued. What do we value? Nothing. "I always get interested in (Alston's) community endeavors. This is a passion that he and I have always shared as far as trying to find ways to solve the issue of violence in our communities."contactmusic.com
    Last edited by moomies; July 22nd, 2006 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Full name added to title

Default Re: Jada Pinkett Smith horrified by US values

What an idiot.

^ Um, yeah. She might have a round about point but she has no idea how to make it. Is she a $cientologist?

^ I don't know, but she's friends with batshit crazy Tom Cruise. Close enough.

She is batshit insane.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

but didn't she steal her husband from another woman? and hasn't her current husband part of the rap industry? (albeit not the gangsta crap). And isn't she part of the Hollywood filth industry which disgorges it's perverted deviant "vision" on the entire world? And lastly, the poor "girl" (and I use that term loosely) has probably overdosed on steroids.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

OCD

Isn't there massive child rape and oppression of women in 3rd world countries?

Jada, I horrified at your freakish, manlike appearance.

SVZ

"I've gone to Africa where kids go to school and share one textbook, (I've met) kids that are walking three miles to school, three miles home because education is valued. What do we value? Nothing."

Maybe because the average child that your publicist sent you to visit is unfortunately poor. What about the kids that get taken in to child armies? It's not like guns don't exist in "Africa" this magical utopia where everything is valued.

A complete dumbass!

Silver Member

I feel like her point was perhaps that there are children in Africa who value the chance to get an education more than many Americans do. The kids who share books are thankful for their scarce resources, while many (not all) people in the US take access to education for granted and thus don't appreciate it that much. I don't think she was saying America should be more like Africa, but rather we don't really appreciate some of the things we have that people in other nations often don't even have the choice to have. That might not be what she's trying to say, but that's what I came away from it with; it is a good point to make.

That's the point I heard too; she just didn't make it very clearly.

Yes, I too understood her point to be that in America, our values suck. Whereas in Africa, education is so coveted that children will walk three miles to school each way and share textbooks.

There's no reason to call her a dumbass. She is far from it. Mannish? Sure. But she is NOT a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI
    That's the point I heard too; she just didn't make it very clearly.
    I thought she did. I only had to read it once to understand her point. I submit that all of you who didn't get her point are the true dumbasses.

I kid, I kid!

Ah, yeah. Everything is copacetic in Africa. No gun violence there. Ever hear of Sierra Leone??

Africa has contries in it that are known for having loads of gun toting gangs with many young children as members. When was the last time you saw a nine year old with a semi-automatic on the LA streets?

Take a trip to Lagos and she'll change her tune.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information