Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie feeling mommy stress

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Angelina Jolie feeling mommy stress

Angelina Jolie Facing 'New Mom' Stress
    By Julie Pike
    Jul 7, 2006

Angelina Jolie is a first time biological mom and the American stunner is finding out the hard way what many moms already know. The first child isn't easy and the new mom stresses can be at times overwhelming.

Despite what many perceive as a head strong and tough Jolie, she still has to deal with the late night feedings, the crying spells and the doubts that new mom's face.

In Touch Weekly reports that is happening behind the gates of Brad Pitt's heavily fortified compound in Malibu.

Since giving birth on May 27 there have been days "when Shiloh's crying and Angelina's tried everything she can think of to soother her and it hasn't worked - and Angelina bursts into tears herself," an inisider tells the magazine.

For Angie - hey girl - that's normal.

Angelina, 31, is feeling the strain as she also has to deal with her adopted children Maddox and baby Zahara. Even when she returned to Malibu and friends here in the states wanted to help Jolie reportedly said - according to the "insider" cited in the magazine - that she appreciated the offers for help but "needed rest."

She wrote the friends, "I'll be in touch soon - just give me some time," the Jolie pal told the weekly.

Brad, 42 has been doing his best to help out, according to the report, but soon he will be off to work. The hunky Hollywood actor reportedly stars shooting 'Ocean's Thirteen' on July 13 in Las Vegas and friends say that may devastate Angelina.

But Vegas is a short flight back home to California - so expect him to loge some hefty miles in the air between Vegas and Los Angeles.

While many see Jolie as so many of her movie characters - these types of reports prove that she is indeed sensitive and struggles just like every non-famous mom.

Stress is a normal part of the process - Angelina will likely come through just fine if she is given time.

--Julie Pike

source:
    http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27266900.shtml

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: Angelina Jolie feeling mommy stress

Just like so many other celeb moms who have pretended to do everything themselves (Julia Roberts, Slutney, Kelly Ripa, ad nauseum) you know damn good and well she has hired help: fleets of nannies, assistants, maids, cooks and bottle-washers, whatever she needs. I don't wish to diminish the stress of simply having a new baby, and it may well be that Angelina does more for her kids than most wealthy moms, but I can't muster up much sympathy. Welcome to the mortal plane, Angelina. I also can't believe she's talking about adopting again any time soon, particularly an older boy: I'm guessing Maddox won't be too excited about that.
    Founder, Alan Rickman Bedtime Story Societyhttp://www.skapunkandotherjunk.com/i...tter_snape.gif

Elite Member

Why does a 'good' mom have to be one that suffers? One who slaves over her child 24 hours a day? There are women who have their mothers that help them after a baby is born...there are women who have their sisters who help them...there is no doubt that having a supportive network especially the first year helps. If someone can hire someone to help, why is that wrong? Angelina has no sisters and her mother is ill. If she needs to hire someone to help her, why not? I know I'd do it and most mothers would too if they could afford it. The reality nowadays is that in most homes both parents work and it's hard--outside help is often needed and if it comes from a grandmother, an aunt or a hired nanny I don't put any woman or couple down for doing so. It's tough! Especially if you have 2 other kids to care for. And like any mother will tell you, yeah, you can have that 'help' but you still stress, you still think 'No one can care for my child the way I can' so you may have someone there who can watch your child while you try and sleep 5 or 6 hrs but after 2 or 3 hrs you get up because you worry about the baby regardless. It's a temporary comfort for the difficult job of being a mother the rest of your life.

Elite Member

And they're thinking of adopting again?

Silver Member

I have serious doubts about this report. We're talking about a woman who already has 2 kids who she raised since they were a few months old. I think she's definitely ready for whatever is going on with Shiloh and being tired and a little stressed isn't anything that any other mother hasn't gone through.

I newborn and a 6 month old are completely different. If you're not used to newborns, which Angie doesn't have a lot of experience with, it can be overwhelming.

I've never understood why people think newborns are overwhelming. I've had two of them and all they ever did was sleep and eat. It wasn't stressful in the least ... even when I was a new mother with my first, it wasn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal
    I have serious doubts about this report. We're talking about a woman who already has 2 kids who she raised since they were a few months old. I think she's definitely ready for whatever is going on with Shiloh and being tired and a little stressed isn't anything that any other mother hasn't gone through.
    I think it is BS too. Little Zahara was malnourished and ill when Angelina adopted her. That was major stress I am sure.

Elite Member

My sister said the first 2 weeks she thought having a baby was a piece of cake because all he did was eat and sleep. After the first 2 weeks, she said he cried and cried. She said it was hard. When they're older, you can soothe them on a swing of perhaps hold them, but when they're tiny, it's a game of trying to figure out what's wrong with them.

Bronze Member

Each newborn is unique in behavior. Some can be incredibly fussy and inconsolable for several weeks. Others just sleep and eat. Both are normal. St. Angelina needs to put the brakes on collecting children until she has a handle on the ones she is responsible for now.

Gold Member

Both of my kids were a snap as babies. All they did was eat, sleep & poop. My husband and I figured that God knew we couldn't handle fussy babies so he gave us easy ones. Of course, my 10 thought she was grown up at 18 months old, and my 7 year old NEVER hit his terrible two's. So I feel really blessed.

I did have friends who had kids the same ages as mine and I would babysit them when their mom's were stressed. After pacing around trying to settle their squalling babies I realized that mine were abnormally good.

My baby was perfect, didn't cry at all until she was almost 2 wks old. Then she started to cry and didn't stop. It was awful. I was completely alone w/this screaming maniac all day. It is very stressful and overwhelming. By the time she was 3 months or so, things got better, but those months in between were HELL.
    Like another poster said, when Angelina adopted both her older children, they were older, not newborns--its a HUGE difference. They are probably sleeping, on a schedule, etc. Newborns are not. It's just mass hysteria..

Silver Member

This whole " mother adrift by herself" is such a new phenomenon. Women have historically had help ( be it their mothers, family members, nannies, neighbors) etc for up to the first 6 months of a child's life. It DID take a village. However once they get to 6 months they are chubby , gummless, smiling bundles of giggles.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2cats
    Both of my kids were a snap as babies. All they did was eat, sleep & poop. My husband and I figured that God knew we couldn't handle fussy babies so he gave us easy ones. Of course, my 10 thought she was grown up at 18 months old, and my 7 year old NEVER hit his terrible two's. So I feel really blessed.

I did have friends who had kids the same ages as mine and I would babysit them when their mom's were stressed. After pacing around trying to settle their squalling babies I realized that mine were abnormally good.
    You got the only 2 perfect babies in the world, that is really unfair. My nephew is the devil incarnated. As a baby he did nothing but scream, vomit, crap and then scream some more. And now as a 6 year old all he does is whine, scream and destroy things. He peed on the side of my aboveground pool the other day and as I was sitting there horrified my sister had the nerve to say that this was the 4th time he had done so and was it not wonderful that he had gotten out instead of peeing in the pool? Bloody hell no! The little snot should have gone to the bushes if he didn't want to go to the bathroom. The fact that she had noticed him doing this 4 times yet had said nothing to stop him made me want to drown her in the pool.

Bronze Member

The first year is the hardest in my opinion. If you can survive that the rest is a breeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information