Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health fears as Victoria Beckham reveals 23-inch waist

Default Health fears as Victoria Beckham reveals 23-inch waist

There are fears for the health of Victoria Beckham after it emerged that she has slimmed her waist measurement to just 23 inches.

Incredibly, the tiny measurement gives her the same waist size as a seven-year-old - the age of her son Brooklyn.

The 32-year-old former Spice Girl is so slim that she now has to have her clothes specially altered to stop them from swamping her tiny frame.

Fashion designer David Britton has revealed that he now commissions jeans for his A-list clients in a one-off 23-inch waist. His company's previous smallest size, a 24, can apparently prove too big.

A tiny size 4 - a "0" in America where she does much of her retail shopping - Mrs Beckham's waist is 11 inches smaller than that of the average British woman.

To put that in perspective, her waist measures about the same size as an old fashioned vinyl single or a football.

Last night Deanne Jade, founder of the National Centre for Eating Disorders in Surrey, said: "When people like Victoria lose so much weight the problem becomes that they don't necessarily want to be pretty or beautiful - they just want to be talked about and the attention that comes with being thin.

"It is basic human psychology - the more she is photographed and lauded, the more attention she gets and craves. But often people who are very thin have issues generally - low self-esteem and real fragility.

"Very few women can get to that weight without doing something very drastic although no-one knows quite how she manages to control her hunger in the way that she does.

"As much as she may claim to eat like a horse and have an incredibly fast metabolism, I would argue that she is defying all laws of biology and physiology."

This is by no means the first time that mother-of-three Mrs Beckham's ever decreasing weight has sparked concerns.

On internet websites for anorexics she has been cited as a "thinspiration", with women of all ages praising her 'beautiful, sticking out bones' and "thin arms".

The singer-turned-fashion designer has, however, previously admitted to suffering from an eating disorder.

And following a public outcry about her weight after her first son Brooklyn was born seven years ago, she admitted that she was too thin.

But in the same interview, Mrs Beckham - who weighs around seven stones - claimed that she ate like a pig. She said: "I should be about eight and a half or nine stone.

"But you know, who is entirely pleased with their body? I told the doctors that I was eating, but there's not a lot you can do about it. I eat more than three meals a day. I'm a complete pig.

"I eat a big bowl of cereal for breakfast, eat a full lunch, a full dinner and I snack too. I always go for the healthy option, not because it's healthy, just because I prefer it. But I also eat lots of crisps, lots of Chinese and Indian takeaways."

From UK Daily Mail

Claude os, aperi oculos!

Default Re: Health fears as Victoria Beckham reveals 23-inch waist

yes, she eats like a pig but she neglects to mention her use of laxatives or her frequent trips to the powder room to vomit.

Well, anorexics have to become expert liars to get away with their disorder, so that explains that.

A*O

It is basic human psychology - the more she is photographed and lauded, the more attention she gets and craves.
    Bingo. Plus she's been in the spotlight 24/7 during the World Cup and photographed with the other soccer WAGs. If she can't be prettier or smarter or younger then they are, she can at least bask in the 'kudos' of being the thinnest.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Oh Jesus....this woman is insane. Certifiable.

Maybe she'll die soon, and spare us her particular brand of idiocy. How does she explain the VAST size difference from her Spice Giel days to now?

Wait, let me guess: she went through puberty.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

She looks like a Barbie Doll who's had her face and breasts chewed on by a six-year-old. I don't think Barbie would wear those skanky shorts, though. And Barbie accessorizes so much better!

She may be anorexic, but she could look worse. I don't think she looks as bad as Nicole Richie, for instance. But it's her choice. If she wants to destroy her health and her looks, she can have at it.

Becks, the wife needs help. Um, hello.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

they just want to be talked about and the attention that comes with being thin.
    omg this is soooo true about these ppl speaking from experience and Posh is such an ego maniac attention whore; she's completely void of human feelings or any normal thought processes.

If she wants to destroy her health and her looks, she can have at it.
    thats what i've always said about these whackos myself; but there are kids involved who should probably be thought about too, even though I'm sure their nannies and such have done most the raising of them.

Wait, let me guess: she went through puberty.
    i just spewed water all over myself!!!!!!

Silver Member

She used to be quite pretty when she was starting in the Spice Girls. I don't know how her husband just lets her do this. I know it's her body but there are kids involved. At least you'd think he'd mention she should eat something

I completely adore Karen Carpenter, who possessed an overabundance of talent, and she died. Yet, all these other talentless bimbos starve themselves into stick figure bobbleheads, and never go away. Where's the justice here?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I didn't know a 23 inch waist was that rare. Mine is 21 without a corset, and I'm quite overweight. Maybe size has something to do with it? I'm barely at 5' 0" and I have a miniature bone structure and hourglass-type body, so that could be it. How big is this woman-thing?
    2 years...

^^^ I remember reading she's 5'6''.

36 - 22 - 36

Do I remember correctly? Ginger on Gilligan's Island, as well as various cartoons & tv shows, touted these measurements as the female ideal back in the 70's. They're still burned in my brain.

Does anybody, besides Barbie, actually have all 3 of these measurements? I can certainly accept that a diminutive female has a 22 inch waist.

But all 3?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information