Thread: Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) Arrested For Drunk Driving

Default Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) Arrested For Drunk Driving

2006-06-30 06:45:34

NICKELBACK frontman CHAD KROEGER has been arrested for drunk driving in Canada.
    Royal Canadian Mounted Police in British Columbia's Lower Mainland say Kroeger was arrested last Thursday (22JUN06).
    Corporal ROGER MORROW says officers in two RCMP vehicles were suspicious of the way a vehicle was being driven.
    Police say the car was also speeding at the time.
    One of the officers stopped the car without incident and a drunk driving investigation was initiated.
    The HOW YOU REMIND ME singer was not charged at the time, but police say drunk driving charges will be filed against the singer.
    source: http://femalefirst.co.uk/entertainme...ng.-19790.html
    Last edited by moomies; June 30th, 2006 at 11:38 PM.
    Rock the fuck on!

Default Re: Nickelback's Frontman Arrested For Drunk Driving

So what happens to drunk drivers in Canada/British Columbia?

Default Re: Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) Arrested For Drunk Driving

No Chad!!!!
    Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

Silver Member

Default Re: Nickelback's Frontman Arrested For Drunk Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    So what happens to drunk drivers in Canada/British Columbia?
    If it's anything like Ontario, the driver automatically loses his license for 1 year and has to pay a fine from $600-800, has to take a driving course (costing $495) before he can get it back. Then if he wants to drive, he has to have a breathalizer installed in his car for a year (another approx. $1200/cost for the year). Not to mention the skyrocketing insurance rates.

If I sound like I know a little bit too much about this subject, my boyfriend had this happen to him. He gets to have the breathalizer taken out in August. His insurance rates haven't gone up since this happened. Does anyone out there know if sometimes the insurance companies miss the impaired charge on their driver's abstract? I know they are supposed to check driver's abstracts every few years, but maybe they don't always do it.

Bronze Member

They are supposed to check driving record every year but depending upon who your insured with not all companys check every year. I am an insurance agent at State Farm and some of the peoples they have checked every year and some they havent check in a few years. I guess you just get lucky sometimes.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachaelFaye
    They are supposed to check driving record every year but depending upon who your insured with not all companys check every year. I am an insurance agent at State Farm and some of the peoples they have checked every year and some they havent check in a few years. I guess you just get lucky sometimes.
    He is with State Farm. Maybe he'll luck out. Is there a time limit on when his rates can go up, like if he goes longer than 5 years is it just wiped out? Not to be mean, but a teeny tiny part of me wishes they would find out because he got off really easy in my opinion. I know that sounds harsh, but to me, drunk driving is a totally stupid thing to do. He could have killed someone. He doesn't really seem to care as long as he doesn't have to pay higher insurance rates. As you can see, it's still a major sore spot with me!

Bronze Member

If you want his rates to increase just go shopping for lower rates. When the other company runs his license his drunk driving will come up and he will be flagged by your insurance company.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog
    If you want his rates to increase just go shopping for lower rates. When the other company runs his license his drunk driving will come up and he will be flagged by your insurance company.
    He won't look for another company simply because of that. There's a clause in his State Farm policy that they can't drop him after 10 years, even if he gets convicted of drunk driving, so he'd be crazy to leave.

I might have sounded bitchy earlier, I don't really want him to get found out, but it just bugs me that everyone else's rates go up for a simple speeding ticket, and his has actually gone down, now he pays less than me!

Sorry about the rant, I'm having a bad PMS weekend! lol

B.C's drunk driving policy are a little more laxed compared to say ontario. It's like this

Vehicles are now impounded for 60 days (previously 30 days) for driving while prohibited on the first offence, and 90 days for the second. Also, drivers with three or more alcohol-related offences may be forced to use an ignition interlock system, which requires the driver to pass a self-administered breathalyser test before the carís engine will start.

Fines from $300 to $500 for driving while prohibited and the right for ICBC to refuse to reissue a driversí license if there are any outstanding fines for drinking and driving.

And I'm pretty sure this is how it works, but ICBC set's the insurance rate for everyone in the province so no matter if you shop around it'll be the same.

I have lost my respect for Chad.

He was caught like 10 blocks from where I live! I think it's hilarious. I hate Chad.
    He's a complete douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by RachaelFaye
    State Farm kept me after I got my drunk driving conviction...well at least after the FIRST one......

Thread Information