Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt: "Our baby shower photos were stolen!"

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt: "Our baby shower photos were stolen!"

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt: Published Baby Shower Photos are Stolen By Cris Bergman
    Jun 25, 2006

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have made a statement though their attorney that the three photos that have been published on several blogs on the web are stolen.

The photos show Brad and Angie at what appears to be a party and another shows a very private photo of a pregnant Angelina and baby Zahara while they were in Africa.
    The photos come from a digital memory card and reportedly contain several hundred photos of the Jolie-Pitt family.

Jay Lavely of Lavely and Singer told The National Ledger on Sunday:
    "A criminal investigation is being pursued by law enforcement agencies. We have sent notice to a number of websites, print publications, and others to put them on notice that the photos were stolen and that publication of the photos would constitute not only an infringement of copyright, but also an invasion of privacy and a commercial appropriation of my clients' names and likenesses."

He also told The National Ledger that this was an extraordinary measure but felt it was "more important to get the word out that the photos were stolen and that publication would expose the publisher to potential liability for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, and violation of right of publicity and a large damage award and an injunction."
    Fair enough.
    If the memory stick is indeed stolen it is absolutely wrong for the photos to be published. These pictures are at close range and are obviously taken by a friend of the couple.
    These are by no means paparazzi type photos.
    An intense debate on whether the pictures are stolen was touched off at 'The Celebrity Baby Blog' and at 'Just Jared.'
    Both have now pulled the pictures.
    Earlier story: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Bootleg Pictures Spark Debate
    Update: TMZ has the full Pitt/Jolie Legal Threat here

source:
    http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27266623.shtml
    Last edited by moomies; June 26th, 2006 at 03:55 AM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

Default Re: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt:" Our baby shower photos were stolen!"

Well, I'm glad we got to see them...hee hee.

But they were such sweet, heartwarming pictures! But I do agree they should not be sold if they were stolen.

Oh please, they probably had their friend leak those photos because they knew it'd gain some public support. I was only able to see one of those photos but they finally looked like a happy couple for once. Those photos will probably help both of their images more than anything. Stolen my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Oh please, they probably had their friend leak those photos because they knew it'd gain some public support. I was only able to see one of those photos but they finally looked like a happy couple for once. Those photos will probably help both of their images more than anything. Stolen my arse.
    I totally agree with you!!!

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I agree that it was nice to actually see them 'happy', stolen or not. Made it a bit more real, and normal. They should be thanking who ever did that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    You can say that again. They leaked those photos out to counteract all the "they look so miserable" comments. It seems their PR team is working overtime on blogs. Everytime some theme is mentioned over and over about them, something happens to disprove that. I saw the pictures and for once they looked in tune, but it was still off for me. They looked a little crazy, but that's just me.

So they decided to "leak" the photos now when they have been called "miserable" for a year now? how convincing

SVZ

Default Re: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt: "Our baby shower photos were stolen!"

Suri did it!!!

Oh gosh can we leave Suri out of it.

I think they released the pictures themselves, because why else would a thief go airbrushing Jolie's tattoos before releasing them online. They took the pictures themselves, airbrushed or digitally removed all the tattoos on her stomach (which were there when she started showing, and so she couldn't have had them lasered off), and then released it online to get some good press. And then they turn it around to make it look like they are some kind of victims who *didn't really* want their **happy faces** pictures to be seen. "PR" folks, it's called "PR"!!!!!

Someone was hoping to turn the tide around and show some pictures of them looking happy with each other. With the kind of maniacal bodyguards that they had, how would a random thief be able to steal their memoery card. My money is on the fact that either Angelina, Brad or one of their very own people leaked the pictures. Not everyone is as stupid or as gullible as they would like or expect, it is just too obvious.

airbrushing? As far as i know Angelina's tattoos are on the other lower side of her tummy not the exposed one. Anyway stolen or not, i'm glad they are removing them from the net, very intrusive in my opinion.

this stinks of conspiracy!!
    cry me a river, build me a bridge, and GET OVER IT.

Thread Information