Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gisele Bundchen and Kelly Slater split

Default Gisele Bundchen and Kelly Slater split

Leonardo Di Caprio's ex-girlfriend GISELE BUNDCHEN and surfer boyfriend KELLY SLATER have ended their relationship.

The pair had been dating for eight months and both are reportedly taking the split hard.

According to American publication In Touch, Slater, who has also dated PAMELA ANDERSON, was so distraught over the split he skipped the 12 June premiere of his new film LETTING GO.
    http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/enterta...it.-19525.html

SVZ

Default Re: Gisele Bundchen and Kelly Slater split

awww kelly slater is really cute....if i remember him right

Could someone please tell him that I am available !!!

SVZ

kelly has beautiful eyes

Elite Member

I've always thought it was interesting how she's always referred to as this Brazilian model because she was born in Brazil, so yeah, I guess she's a Brazilian national because she was raised there, but both her parents are German and that's what she really is--German blood, German name and she goes back to Germany often to visit relatives.

^^^^
    i don't think she even speaks german though
    a lot of people in latin america are from europe originally, and even if they maintain links, they consider themselves latin american. i think it is a bit narrow-minded to think that only someone without european blood can be considered latin american. it's like saying white australians are really brits and only the aboriginals qualify. central and south america have always had lots of migrants, and that's also part of their identity.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Boo

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    ^^^^
    i don't think she even speaks german though
    a lot of people in latin america are from europe originally, and even if they maintain links, they consider themselves latin american. i think it is a bit narrow-minded to think that only someone without european blood can be considered latin american. it's like saying white australians are really brits and only the aboriginals qualify. central and south america have always had lots of migrants, and that's also part of their identity.
    Yep, thatīs all about it. I am brazilian myself and multiracial with pleasure. i have german, portuguese, spanish and african blood! =D
    Evito pensar para n„o me tornar socialmente perigosa

I think that PrettyGirl meant to point out that Gisele not only has 100% German blood, but also all of her family is 100% German...maybe her parents were born and raised in Germany and only moved to Brazil when they were already adults? In this case their culture and tradition would sure be more German than Brazilian, while in cases of people whose grand-grandparents migrated 3 or 4 generations ago their roots are so distant that probably almost don't count anymore.

Boo

I thought her parents were both of German descent, not 100% German. In Brazil, mostly in Rio Grande do Sul (were she was born) most of the people are in this situation.
    Evito pensar para n„o me tornar socialmente perigosa

^^^ You're right, I googled it and all sites say her parents are of German descent.
    So it's official, Gisele is Brazilian

Elite Member

She has GERMAN blood. Her parents are German. She has a German name. She was born and raised in Brazil. What I'm sayin is that she isn't just Brazilian, she's also very much German.

Okay so she was raised and born in brazile? So it's like someone being born and raised in america..but parents are from germany ?Oh..okay..I get it..kinda confused..I didn't know she was german.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Giselle Bundchen is Brazilian, dammit. BRAZILIAN!!!! What does her passport say? Yeah. That's what I thought.

She's Brazilian.

Elite Member

Oh Lord. Let's break this down since this is so hard to grasp for some. Giselle's nationality, her citizenship is BRAZILIAN. That's why her passport says that. But ethnicity, she is of German blood, from German parents. Like an American who is born here, raised here, but their parents were from Cuba or Mexico or Chinese. They're TWO THINGS, get it? Just because you plop your ass and give birth to a child in France or Belgium, doesn't mean you have that in your family tree. It means you lived there.

Two or three generations from now Giselle's great-great grandkids can say they're Brazilians who had a German great-grandmother who's parents emigrated to Brazil. Like the singer, Luis Miguel--Spanish father, Italian mother, he was born in Puerto Rico because his parents were living there at the time, but guess what, Luis Miguel has no Puerto Rican blood in him, nor does he consider himself to be that just because he was born in Puerto Rico. He's Spanish/Italian, raised in Mexico and he considers himself exactly that--a Spanish/Italian Mexican who just so happens to have a Mexican passport. In Mexico they love him, he's considered a native son, but everyone knows he's of Spanish/Italian blood but has lived in Mexico since he was a child. You ask him what he is and he'll tell you "Mexicano de sangre Italiano y Español". It isn't that uncommon and it's not deragatory by any means be two of anything.

^^ Was all that really necessary? She's BRAZILIAN!!! Case closed. Thank you. That is all.

ETA: Ethnicity and citizenship are two completely different things. Therefore, Giselle B. is Brazilian for all intents and purposes. And NOW that is all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information