Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it safe for pregnant Britney Spears to dye her hair?

Default Is it safe for pregnant Britney Spears to dye her hair?

There's nothing like a new hairdo to make a girl feel better. And after the recent criticism of her mothering abilities, Britney Spears could do with a pick-me-up.

Unfortunately going from blonde to black has only given her critics more ammunition. At six months pregnant, they pointed out, she might have been better waiting a little longer for her makeover. There are concerns that some hair dyes contain chemicals that could cause birth defects.

In February Miss Spears was spotted driving with her baby son Sean Preston on her lap. Then social services were called to her home after he fractured his skull in a fall from his high chair while in the care of a nanny.

Then there was a near miss last month when Miss Spears stumbled while holding him. A week ago there were raised eyebrows when she spent two hours sunning her bump in 80f heat.

On a shopping trip to New York this week she was keeping a firm grip on her eight-month-old son. And it seems her new hair colour won't do any harm.

Professor James Walker, of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, said: "It depends on the sort of dyes that she uses, but most modern hair dyes are safe as it's very hard to absorb a lot into the skin."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773
    photos http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/lat...22-2006-a.html

Bronze Member

Default Re: Is it safe for pregnant Britney Spears to dye her hair?

Oh, jeez....
    Must EVERYONE jump on this girl's ass about everything now???

My God, I never thought I would be defending Britney Spears!

Why am I not surprise? She's so unresponsible with Sean and now she thinks only about herself and jeopardize her own unborn baby.

Elite Member

I think after her terrible interview on Dateline people are going to pick on anything she does now...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

This is just something I've heard and I don't have any scientific proof (though I could certainly google but too lazy at the moment).

I heard that as long as the hair dye doesn't contain lead then it's ok to be used on preg women. The reason why it's generally not recommended is that the smell would be too nauseating for them (ok this is what my preg SIL told me a couple of days ago...)

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by asina
    Oh, jeez....

WORD!

For the love of God, let's just give this girl a break for a change. I'm finally beginning to understand her frustration with the media and the public.

Oh, jeez....

No kidding! Personally I'm 41 1/2 weeks pregnant (this baby doesn't seem to want to come out!!! He was due on June 15th) and I'm soooooo tired of hearing ppl tell me what I can and can't do. No coffee, no tuna, no dying hair, don't get an epidural you have to go natural, you have to breastfeed, don't go out in the sun. Arghhhhhh!!!! Last weekend it was 105F here with the humidity and let me tell you that I did sun my bump (although at this point I'm pretty much at the humpback whale type of bump point lol), I spent the whole day in the pool. Hey if he can get uncomfortable enough down there that it makes him want to come out it would be great lol. Thank god tomorrow I'm finally getting induced!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil
    No kidding! Personally I'm 41 1/2 weeks pregnant (this baby doesn't seem to want to come out!!! He was due on June 15th) and I'm soooooo tired of hearing ppl tell me what I can and can't do. No coffee, no tuna, no dying hair, don't get an epidural you have to go natural, you have to breastfeed, don't go out in the sun. Arghhhhhh!!!! Last weekend it was 105F here with the humidity and let me tell you that I did sun my bump (although at this point I'm pretty much at the humpback whale type of bump point lol), I spent the whole day in the pool. Hey if he can get uncomfortable enough down there that it makes him want to come out it would be great lol. Thank god tomorrow I'm finally getting induced!
    Well an early congrats to you Mariesoleil!

Let me tell you - I was a diet pepsi addict and they told me "caffeine will cause a low birth weight in your baby." Well my son ended up weighing 9 lbs. 4 oz, so shit - I should have kept drinking it!

You know, I hate Britney as much as the next person, but again, who the f*ck cares?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

she can dip her head in lead, smoke, stuff herself full of cheetos, binge drink and fry in the sun, it won't make much of a difference. the kid has her genes and kfed's - it's going to be a moron whether she drops it on its head or not
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oh, jeez....
    Exactly.
    Come off it, give the girl a break!

I thought she was wearing a wig.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais

Let me tell you - I was a diet pepsi addict and they told me "caffeine will cause a low birth weight in your baby." Well my son ended up weighing 9 lbs. 4 oz, so shit - I should have kept drinking it!

You know, I hate Britney as much as the next person, but again, who the f*ck cares?
    Thanks! Well you know I never gave up my morning coffee and the doctor told me he is going to be a big baby.

Silver Member

Most docs don't advise doing anything to your hair in the first trimester, but after that dying your hair is fine so long as it doesn't contain lye. The main reason why you shouldn't dye your hair or perm it while pregnant is that the pregnancy hormones can cause the chemicals to react in a funky way, giving you a weird color you didn't expect.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by angelais

I'll second that. With #2, 3, and 4, I had at least one caffeinated beverage a day. #2 was 7 lbs 13 oz, #3 was 8lbs 11 oz, and #4 was 7 lbs 14 oz. (#2 and 4 were a week early.)

I actually feel sorry for Britney in this instance. Leave her alone!! She died her hair- not smoked crack!

From http://www.pregnancy.org

It says that since dye can be absorbed through the scalp, it may be best to hold off on coloring during the first trimester, but that it's ok to resume during the second and third.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information