Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheryl Tiegs "miracle twins" disappear

Default Cheryl Tiegs "miracle twins" disappear

IT'S The Case of the Disappearing Twins.

A few years ago, superannuated supermodel Cheryl Tiegs couldn't stop talking about the miracle twins she "had" in 2000 at age 52 with the help of a surrogate mom. Amid the amazement over how a woman of such an age can still produce viable eggs, she gabbed to People magazine and Larry King and declared that she didn't "have to prove anything anymore. I can concentrate on my family now."

Now, however, little Jaden and Theo are a subject that is no longer discussed in public. The boys' biological father, Rod Stryker, reportedly got full custody when he divorced Tiegs in 2001. And according to a rep for the Sports Illustrated siren, she is now legally forbidden to ever talk about them.

The gag helped cause a glaring omission in the current issue of Traditional Home magazine, which did a photo spread on the groovy "mediation pavilion" the '70s fashion plate keeps in her posh Bel-Air mansion. The article calls Tiegs a "devoted mother to 13-year-old son Zack," her child by former husband Tony Peck. But nowhere, among the descriptions of her hideaway's waterfall and banana trees, does it mention Jaden and Theo, now 5.

When The Post's Todd Venezia asked why the twins were omitted, a spokeswoman for Tiegs told us that the model was "legally bound" to not discuss the children. Asked what kind of legal agreement would prevent a mother from talking about her children, the rep said, "By talking about this, I'm saying too much."

Traditional Home managing editor Michael Diver said the kids were left out because editors felt they weren't important to a story about a small room in a house. But Diver also said the writer was told by Tiegs' rep before the interview that the children were a verboten subject.

Tiegs probably doesn't want to be grilled about the "miracle" twins anymore, considering the flak she caught after their birth.

On the 2000 King show, one viewer challenged her, "There is a huge question as to whether she did use her own eggs" to conceive the children bore by the donor. When King asked the caller if she disbelieved Tiegs' claim to being the biological mother, the caller said, "Yes."

That forced Tiegs to defend herself, saying: "Well, it's not up to me really whether people believe me or not."

http://entertainment.excite.com/cele...id/10_31_2005_ 1.html

I winder if Rod knocked up the surrogate mom and the "miracle twin" story was to cover up infidelity.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Default Re: Cheryl Tiegs "miracle twins" disappear

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB
    I winder if Rod knocked up the surrogate mom and the "miracle twin" story was to cover up infidelity.
    A-ha! Great guess. You know, i remembering wondering a while back WHAT terrible deed Tiegs did or what the heck could have gone so wrong between Tiegs & her ex, Stryker, that she would not only completely lose custody of her kids, but be FORBIDDEN TO EVEN TALK ABOUT THEM! Major stuff! And i couldn't imagine what the heck transpired in that bizarre situation... But i think you have hit on a viable possibility.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

For real, what the hell is going on here?? She a crack head or something??
    If those are her biological children, then what the hell happened for her to lose full custody??

As Goldust said, I wonder if KristiB is on to something.....interesting!

I want more info!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

This is just so weird. There's no other word for it. I've never heard of such extreme measures in a custody fight. Poor kids!

But to not even be able to TALK about them? That's SCREAMING that she is not the biological mother. Children don't get taken away from their mothers over nothing, it has to be very bad. I smell 'infidelity cover up' too....

I remembered reading right after the kids were born how she was a terrible mom to them. There were people that were saying that she ignored them and didn't touch them and that it was as if she hated them. So maybe there is some truth to the story that the kids aren't hers. She treated her older son as if he was her only child

Why would Cheryl try so hard to cover up his infidelity? Doesn't make sense?
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn
    Why would Cheryl try so hard to cover up his infidelity? Doesn't make sense?
    I thought this also, why would she need to be punished for his infidelity?

Bronze Member

Smile

I actually was at Cheryl Tiegs house a couple of times with the nanny and the twins. The nanny was a good friend of mine at the time. The twins had a small room in the far right back of the house. They each had a bed on both sides of the room. It was a small room. The twins seemed fine at the time. Couple of blond haired kids. They were about 15 months old at the time. I only saw Cheryl one time for about 15 minutes.

Gold Member

Wow, old topic. But since someone's revived, I might as well add, I was at a week-long yoga seminar with Stryker last year and he certainly talked about the twins, but never, ever mentioned Cheryl or referred to their mother in any way. I recall that I found it odd at the time, but didn't know anything about their relationship (other than they were divorced) and wasn't about to ask.

Silver Member

Necro thread! But it is interesting. I remember her being held up as an example of using older (her) eggs when she was 50 with a surrogate, then it came out it was the surrogate's womb AND eggs. I do wonder if he maybe got the surrogate preggo the old fashioned way and they tried to buy the twins off. Interestingly her wiki has no mention of any children.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnynimbus View Post
    I actually was at Cheryl Tiegs house a couple of times with the nanny and the twins. The nanny was a good friend of mine at the time. The twins had a small room in the far right back of the house. They each had a bed on both sides of the room. It was a small room. The twins seemed fine at the time. Couple of blond haired kids. They were about 15 months old at the time. I only saw Cheryl one time for about 15 minutes.

Not sure if I believe this story, but if it is true, then it sounds to me like the kids were the result of her husband's affair and Cheryl was taking her anger out on the kids.

Bronze Member

Found this article and this quote.

With new ABC show, Cheryl Tiegs hopes to show that beauty is only skin deep - Television & Video - Arts & Entertainment - Catholic Online

Her twin boys with her fourth husband were born through a surrogate. "My ex has custody of the twins because he's Jewish and he wanted to raise them Jewish. We also have an agreement to keep them out of the press. He was adamant about it, and I said it was fine with me," she explains.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information