Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt And Billy Bob Thornton team up for film

Default Brad Pitt And Billy Bob Thornton team up for film

BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE's ex-husband BILLY BOB THORNTON are set to team up for the film PEACE LIKE A RIVER.

Pitt is producing the movie through his production company, Plan B, and Thornton is set to star in the drama to be shot in Canada.

Sources tell the Calgary Sun newspaper, "There's a good sense (in the local industry) that it's coming."

Pitt filmed THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD in southern Alberta, Canada last autumn (05).

Local residents have speculated Pitt's new daughter, SHILOH NOUVEL JOLIE-PITT, was conceived while Jolie was visiting the actor during filming.

Location managers from the new film have visited Calgary to scout for locations to shoot the movie, which is set to begin production in the autumn (06).

Thornton met Jolie on the set of the movie PUSHING TIN and the two were married from 2000-2003.

According to the Calgary Sun, Pitt's behind-the-scenes involvement would mean the actor would be required on set for at least a few days during the shoot.

The film is based on LEIF ENGER's book and follows a Minnesota family in the 1960s who are tormented by two neighbourhood thugs.
    http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/enterta...lm.-19304.html

Default Re: Brad Pitt And Billy Bob Thornton team up for film

Lovely. Just what I'd want from my current live-in/father-of-my-child and ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Lovely. Just what I'd want from my current live-in/father-of-my-child and ex.
    And ex-father and current father of my adopted son?

As revolting as I find him, somehow I don't think Billy Bob Thornton is the type of guy to have a hissy fit over this.

Why would he? I mean he got AJ when she was totally batsh!t crazy. He probably caught her at the right time for his intentions. I'm sure once she adopted, he lost total interest in her. Then again, didn't she adopt Maddox without BBT's input while they were still married?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Why would he? I mean he got AJ when she was totally batsh!t crazy. He probably caught her at the right time for his intentions. I'm sure once she adopted, he lost total interest in her. Then again, didn't she adopt Maddox without BBT's input while they were still married?
    Really? but he was the adoptive father of Maddox (while their marriage lasted). I still remember a weird info from their divorce, she had to sign a deal where she cannot talk about him regarding his fatherhood to Maddox and so on. I have seen the closure and i found that indda weird, but then their whole relationship was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    As revolting as I find him, somehow I don't think Billy Bob Thornton is the type of guy to have a hissy fit over this.
    My thoughts exactly, I think the movie will go on smoothly without a glitch, but we'll definitely get served some juicy gossip from relations between the two on set.

Kari, I could be wrong on this but, from what I remember, AJ adopted Maddox while she was still married to BBT. They hadn't discussed it and she ran out and did it without his consent (or, at the very least, they weren't in agreement about it). I believe they divorced very shortly afterwards and I don't think BBT has any parental rights. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. At the time, I heard all of that and thought that it was like a teenager who runs out and does something that she knows will make her parents angry, but she does it anyway to make sure they'll love her no matter what she does wrong.

Oh you might be right since i don't know about her during her BBT era. I heard that BBT was wary about the agency and he was right about it since it got involved in big scandal couple of years later (many orphans aren't orphans but were abducted from their parents). But i'm sure he was the adoptive father because someone posted their divorce closure and only then he gave her the full custody of Maddox, i don't think he mind at all giving him up since he wasn't interested in a family (well he has other kids) but he was into his rock music.

I don't think Billy Bob would make a big thing out of this either. Nor Brad. I think they don't really care and it's all business.

"Local residents have speculated Pitt's new daughter, SHILOH NOUVEL JOLIE-PITT, was conceived while Jolie was visiting the actor during filming." [quote]

Well I certainly hope they 'marked the spot' so they can use it as a tourist attraction!

I seriously doubt Angelina went behind Billybob's back. I have never adopted a baby, but I'm pretty sure both parents have to meet with agencies and sign legal papers. There is an entire process you have to go thru

He knew. He was well aware. Hell, the boy's name was Maddox Chivan Thornton Jolie until she axed the "Thornton"

Adoption isn't like telling your husband you're going to the store for a litre of milk and coming back with a bag of chips.

Hopefully they'll be professional about it but can you say AWKWARD!!
    You take your party with you so lets roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBear
    Hopefully they'll be professional about it but can you say AWKWARD!!

Well, maybe they can be - look at Bruce Willis; he's friends with Ashton Kutcher. Bruce has been on "That 70's Show" per Ashton's request and was even at Demi and Ashton's wedding.

Some people can realize they aren't/weren't meant to be and move on

I must say Bruce really shocked me with that because he was/seemed really in love with Demi and unlike BBT and Angelina, they managed to stay together for more than a decade so his "coolness" was weird to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information