Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie hopes to adopt baby that fits with other kids.

Thumbs down Angelina Jolie hopes to adopt baby that fits with other kids.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Weeks after the birth of their first biological child, Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are planning to adopt another.

"Next we'll adopt," Jolie told CNN in an interview to be aired on Tuesday.

"We don't know which -- which country. But we're looking at different countries. And we're -- I'm just-- it's gonna be the balance of what would be the best for Mad and for Z right now. It's, you know, another boy, another girl, which country, which race would fit best with the kids," she said, referring to her adopted children.

Jolie's adopted daughter Zahara, now about 15 months old, is from Ethiopia, and son Maddox, 4, is from Cambodia.

The couple's younger daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, was born on May 27 in Namibia in one of the most highly anticipated celebrity stories of the year.

Jolie said she had given birth in Namibia because she loved Africa and had wanted to bring Zahara back to Africa.

"My other daughter's African," she said in excerpts of an interview to be aired on CNN's program Anderson Cooper 360. "... And I wanted to take her back to Africa."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-06-19T140225Z_01_N18184395_RTRUKOC_0_US-JOLIE.xml&archived=False

So is she really admitting to making sure that the children she adopts all rhyme and are in synch with the rest of the kids as per their race, What a freaking JOKE. In essence she is making a huge mockery of adoption and this is some sort of hobby for her. Yep, I'll just wake up and go find another child from some country as long as the new one's race "FITS" with the rest of the kids. What the fuck does this nutso mean by "we're looking at different countries". Can someone please stop her before she ruins some more innocent lives in the name of trying to make herself look good and in her psychotic adoption frenzy. I can't even believe that they still let her adopt, WTF?!?!?!?!? Children are not souvenirs and there’s more to adopting a child than figuring out which country you’d like to visit next. What a stupid and psychotic bitch!
    Last edited by SlimandSexxy; June 19th, 2006 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: Angelina Jolie hopes to adopt baby that fits with other kids.

Is there a word for eugenism applied to adoption?
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Haven't you heard that some countries DON'T allow their kids to be adopted either: 1) The mother is single; 2) The parents religion is not the same of the child; 3) the siblings of the child are from different religion. So YES, it makes perfect sense that they will have to find a child that will fit into their racially/religiously diversified family.

I sort of understand her point. Most parents with biological kids don't have the luxury of making sure their 2nd, 3rd or 4th kids fit in with the 1st but I can see her point. She should know better than to voice it in that way though.

I'm sorry but if she truly said what's quoted above it still looks like she's shopping for kids. If she wanted to adopt a kid for the kid's sake, why not just go back to Maddox's or Zahara's country?
    morons.org

Because she wants racially/religiously diversified kids.

^^ Thank you Barbara. I'm guessing what she's implying is that some kids are better than others. Yep, what a wonderful humanitarian............**Obligatory Applause**

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Most parents with biological kids don't have the luxury of making sure their 2nd, 3rd or 4th kids fit in with the 1st
    That's called a family! People who haven't chosen each other on a list of criteria and who try to get along as best as they can. I don't believe in creating ideal families.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizma
    Because she wants racially/religiously diversified kids.
    So can we agree that these adoptions are more about her than about the kids? (I'm NOT implying she's not going to be a good mom to them, but the motivations are dubious IMO)
    morons.org

The funny thing is that she already talked about that to BBC 'Hard Talk' two or three years ago but now it will create such fuss beause she "stole" Brad from the most "beloved" Jen. It's not even about races anymore.

I actually doubt that she's going to be a good mom to these kids. She's already starting to sound biased with the "fit in with my adopted kids bit". This woman is a nutcase, leave it at that. It's funny because when her dad said she had mental problems, everyone brushed him off, and if I remember she also said it herself that she had mental problems. I think this phase/adoption obsession is another manifestation of her issues. Like I said, when it all comes crashing down, we'll all be standing on the side lines watching the crash.

So can we agree that these adoptions are more about her than about the kids? (I'm NOT implying she's not going to be a good mom to them, but the motivations are dubious IMO)
    Tell me when it's about the kids? It's always about the parents. Mia Farrow wanted to adopt disabled kids. Some wants one black and another white, the only difference is that she wants kids from different countries/part of the world. Nothing is dubious about it IMO. I remember watching adoption in health channel and they showed how parents choose the country carefully, thought about their kids race and even chose kids after they saw them. It's win-win situation since those kids need adoption anyway.

I know a family here in Switzerland, they adopted 4 badly disabled kids from India. They knew the kids did not stand a chance in their home country, whereas here they could lead the most normal life possible. Of course if you think they had fun tending to their kids 24/24 even in their teen years, then it's not about the kids...

As an economist it makes me very sad to see an adoption described as a win-win situation. Family is not about winning or losing. I think I'm done with this thread, I should have known better than to say something against Saint Angelina...
    morons.org

Sorry if win-win situation disturbed you, i guess my way of thinking is different than yours. Anyway, 'saint' Angelina or not, i stand to my belief that adopting kids from different races/religions is great and very noble thing to do, it's saddens me to even question their motives when we all know that those kids will be adopted and given chances in their lives that they would have never ever have. Adopting third world kids literally mean helping the adopted kid(s) to survive.

Can you stop crusading for these people for just one minute so others can get a word in???? Like was mentioned in the past, you'd make a lot of money if you can pen a book called "1001 ways to Defend Brangelina" or maybe "Do not back down, argue to the death, for the honor of Brangelina and all that is pure"

I doubt that they'd sell, but you could try.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm kind of curious as to how this became either 'for Saint Angelina' or 'Hate the bitch to the ends of the earth'. Personally, as far as celebs go, I think she's cool. I'm not rabid about it but I do think some posters are rabid in thier hatred, which is really freaking me out. How can you care so deeply one way or another? It's kind of bizarre.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information