Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise congratulates Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie for 'following in his footsteps'

Default Tom Cruise congratulates Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie for 'following in his footsteps'

Tom Cruise sent new parents Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt a congratulations card bizarrely praising them for "following in his footsteps".

The 'Mission: Impossible III' star - who celebrated the birth of his daughter, Suri, in April - sent the happy couple a card with the message, "Congratulations! You're doing a fine job following in my footsteps!" written inside.

Tom - who became friends with Brad when the pair starred in 'Interview with the Vampire' - also sent Angelina and the 'Troy' actor's daughter, Shilou Nouvel, a designer Gund teddy bear.

A source told Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "Tom and Brad have a friendly rivalry since acting together. The card was taken in good spirits."

Meanwhile, Brad, Angelina and Shiloh have left Namibia.

The trio - along with the couple's two adopted children, 16-month-old Zahara and 4-year-old Maddox - had been in the African country for the last two months while the 'Tomb Raider' actress prepared to give birth.

Samuel Nuuyoma, the governor of the Namibian region of Erongo, confirmed the family's departure.

Source: Bang Media International
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

Default Re: Tom Cruise congratulates Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie for 'following in his footsteps'

Yeah am sure Brad wants to be just like Tom.

Default Re: Tom Cruise congratulates Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie for 'following in his footsteps'

What in the hell did Cruise mean by that?! Does Cruise have delusions of Brad jumping on couches? Connecting with aliens? Angelina gave birth to a pillow, too?!?!

This 'note' must be a proud moment for Brad.....I can see Angelina going apeshit on his ass...bad press!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Cruise puts the "lude" in deluded.

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

KD
    Elite Member

The only correlation I can make is that they both have 2 adopted children and they both just had their first bio's, hence "follow in my footsteps."

Elite Member

Talk about ego...Tom's must be HUGE... I think he needs to get over himself and let everyone see Suri

Why do they always have to make the distinction between their "biological" child and their adopted children?
    Every report I see says something like "Brad, Angelina and their daughter Shiloh, along with their two adopted children.....".
    Why not just say they and their three children?
    To me, it's like a slap in the face to the two that are adopted, like they aren't as much a part of the family or something.

One of my children is not biologically mine and I would take issue with anyone who made a comment that he wasn't really mine or tried to distinguish him from the other three simply because he came out of a different tummy.

Who cares?!!!!!

Okay, getting off my soapbox now, carry on with the good gossip.
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hooey
    Why do they always have to make the distinction between their "biological" child and their adopted children?
    Every report I see says something like "Brad, Angelina and their daughter Shiloh, along with their two adopted children.....".
    Why not just say they and their three children?
    To me, it's like a slap in the face to the two that are adopted, like they aren't as much a part of the family or something.

One of my children is not biologically mine and I would take issue with anyone who made a comment that he wasn't really mine or tried to distinguish him from the other three simply because he came out of a different tummy.

Who cares?!!!!!

Okay, getting off my soapbox now, carry on with the good gossip.
    I agree completely, as I too have adopted children. However, I was just speculating, I have not idea what he meant. OTOH, I believe it was People magazine this week that DID NOT say "and her adopted children..." Of course they have pointed it out a million times so everyone knows, but still.

If I ever parent a pillow and get away with it, I'll expect my card in the mail, Tom.

Tom doesn't have any biological children.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc
    Tom doesn't have any biological children.
    He has a biological pillow, filled with feathers of biologically kept chickens.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I hate it when they say 'prepared to give birth'. WTF did she have to do, put a cork in her vagina so the kid wouldn't fall out too early? Practice Lamaze (nm, she had a freakin c-section). Prepared for what??????

Tom is waiting to show pictures of the baby. He has to wait for an acceptable adoptive replacement for the kid he doesn't have. When you finally see pictures of the kid is when he has finally found one that kinda looks like him. SO sad!

Tom Cruise says congratz - now the baby has really arrived. I hate them all (except the innocent kids)

Tom Cruise is a jackass, plain and simple.

Earth to Tom: ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU BUDDY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information