Thread: Gold medal gymnasts Nadia Comaneci & Bart Conner welcome firstborn

Default Gold medal gymnasts Nadia Comaneci & Bart Conner welcome firstborn

It may be old news by now, but I remember being one of millions who saw her make history in the 1976 Summer Olympics by scoring the first-ever 'perfect 10.'

Nadia Comaneci, Bart Conner Have a Boy
    By Stephen M. Silverman

Gold-medal-winning gymnasts Nadia Comaneci and Bart Conner welcomed their first child, son Dylan Paul, on Saturday.

Comaneci and Conner
    Comaneci in 1976

"He already has definition in his deltoids and his biceps," Conner, 48, tells the Associated Press. Conner won two gold medals at the 1984 Olympics and is the only American male gymnast to win gold medals at every level of competition.

Adds Comaneci, 44, the first Olympic gymnast to score a perfect 10, "We've been through a lot of high moments in our life in sports through what we accomplished, but this is just something that is totally unique."

Dylan was actually due to arrive next month, the 30th anniversary of his mother's seven perfect 10s at the Montreal Games, the AP reports.

The new parents, who were married on April 27, 1996, co-own the Bart Conner Gymnastics Academy in Norman, Okla.

Claude os, aperi oculos!

Default Re: Gold medal gymnasts Nadia Comaneci & Bart Conner welcome firstborn

That's great news! Congratulations to Nadia and Bart for their new bundle of joy!
    Rock the fuck on!

I thought that kid was born like a year ago. She's been pregnant for like 3 yrs it seems!
    Congrats!

^^^ me too...I think she's had a hard time getting pregnant - she may have had a couple of miscarriages.

I can't believe Bart Conner is 48, though - he looks the same!
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

"He already has definition in his deltoids and his biceps," This cracked me up. He's a baby! He has no muscle definition yet. Babies have soft little jelly muscles covered by a layer of padded silk. At least they feel like padded silk!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Congratulations!

Elite Member

The kid was born last Sunday, C-Section . It was on the news here (Romania).

Csection, huh? I guess I was wanting her to give birth just as great as her gymnastic performances are.

Did he do a round off/back handspring out of the 'ol uterus, followed by an aerial cartwheel?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

KD
    Elite Member

Talk about a genetically gifted child! Congrats!

Thread Information