Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise's popularity plunges

Bronze Member

Default Tom Cruise's popularity plunges

Tom Cruise Plummeting To Pauly Shore Territory

READ MORE: Tom Cruise

Anyone can show up to a cocktail party and waste a good hour or so discussing Tom Cruise’s waning popularity, but NY marketing and research firm Genius Insight has crunched the numbers:
    Tom Cruise’s popularity has dropped significantly in the last few months, according to the latest Genius StarPower report. By all measures, the plunge (among 13 to 49 year-olds) is steep for a celebrity of his magnitude:
    * his StarPower ranking plummeted from 12th to 50th

* he went from the 11th most liked celebrity to the 197th

* his fan base (those who like or like him a lot) shrank from 33% to 25%

* he ranks among the top 5 most controversial actors (those who are heavily disliked and liked), along with David Spade, Tom Green, Pauly Shore and Ashton Kutcher.

The drop follows Cruise’s controversial publicity tour for the release of “War Of The Worlds” and his engagement to actress Katie Holmes. The above figures are from the Genius StarPower Summer 2005 report (covering the six months to July 1, 2005) and the Spring 2005 report (covering the six months to April 1, 2005).

It can’t feel good to drop 186 slots on any kind of popularity list, but being lumped in with David Spade, Tom Green, Ashton Kutcher, and, for the love of L. Ron, Pauly Shore, wow, that really has to sting. You’d think the poor guy actually killed Brooke Shields and Matt Lauer, not just the memory of that lovable kid from Risky Business.
    I know we are ALL shocked

Elite Member

*horrors!* What is the world coming to??

I still prefer his extreme Scientology ways to Mel Gibsons extreme Christian ways..

Pauly Shore? Ha ha ha ha haha.................
    Bet Tom never imagined how low he would sink just by acting...err maybe not acting .........being a lunatic mouse on a couch and telling people they are idiots and he's not.
    Doesnt go down too well with the public Tom......... Myself ,I laugh at you and point and hold my stomach, but I used to think you were pretty cool in Top Gun, even if you were only 4 foot high. Now you find yourself in the realms of Pauly Shore land ............maybe you should pal up with Michael Jackson.............he knows the humiliation of his predilections.......ha ha ha ha.........oh this is so funny......

Gold Member

Tom Cruise dropped in my estimation when he was going through the divorce w/ Nicole. It was his "Nicole knows why we're getting divorced" statement. He just sounded pompous. Then he hooked up w/ Penelope Cruz which made me think that was probably why they split up.

I was starting to get over my aversion to Tom Cruise, when this latest bit of lunacy hit. His jumping on couches didn't bother me as much as telling Matt Lauer that he was glib, and didn't understand the history of psychaitry like he did. Tom's not a Dr. and has no qualifications on whether or not Ritalin works.

Again he came off as a totally pompous ass and has probably turned me off of him for good. As far as Mel Gibson's extreme Christianity, at least we don't hear him proselytizing about it and acting like everyone who disagrees with you is a complete moron.

I just can't stand sanctimonious people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa Barton View Post
    I still prefer his extreme Scientology ways to Mel Gibsons extreme Christian ways..
    ?????

this is so funny. now that every one knows the real him, no one can stand him. he is very sanctimonious (as noted by luvmy2cats) and people hate that. he's self righeous, unbending, cannot be reasoned with and completely puffed up. and his beliefs are out of this world.

Silver Member

Here's the thing, youre stepping over a line now...

Just put youre manners back in...

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    ?????

Well, Mel Gibsons films sucked after his hardcore Christianity, atleast Cruise is still making an effort in his movies..

Signs, WTF was Mel thinking? Aliens & God don't go together in a sci-fi thriller..

yes!!!!! i have been *waiting* for this article for months. i knew that his antics were going to cost him money. he is going to become hollywood anathema now!
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

^^ why would aliens that dissolve in water try to conquer a planet covered in 85% of the stuff?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

god this is so funny. i bet his old publicist (the one he fired for his wise sister) is just laughing his/her ass off.

Katie needs to pack her bags before its too late.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

This is hilarious and completely unsurprising.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information