Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie's real reason for C-Section? Herpes?

Default Angelina Jolie's real reason for C-Section? Herpes?

I wouldn't put to much credibility from a source of an online gossip site, but that's the definition of gossip I guess.....
    From What Would Tyler Durdan Do

Although there have been few specifics about the birth of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt in Namibia on Saturday, most reports are saying Angelina Jolie underwent a planned c-section. So why would a healthy 30 year old woman choose to have a complicated surgery in a country with less than exemplary medical care? According to one email, it's because of her STD. Herpes, to be specific.
    "So I had to contribute a tid bit I heard when I was working for 20th Century Fox (in an executive position that will go unnamed) ... we produced 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith'. Angie and Brad were indeed having sex on that film, and she apparently gave him some STD's, and that's how Jennifer Aniston first found out ... If you are young, like Angelina Jolie, and healthy, the reason for c-section is almost always herpes. Jennifer Garner is another herpes mom, Madonna another. Both delivered small babies by c-section. Katie Holmes is another."
    Obviously I have no idea if any of that is true. It is true that doctors recommend a c-section for women with herpes. According to MSNBC, "women with active herpes lesions or symptoms that a lesion is about ready to erupt should undergo a cesarean section to prevent the virus from infecting the baby during a vaginal delivery." It's also true that Garner and Madonna had c-sections, it has not been reported if Holmes did.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2006/05/3...na-has-herpes/

and

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...tml?mode=reply

Default Re: Angelina Jolie's real reason for C-Section? Herpes?

OK, TMI! That is nasty to think about, let alone be true!

It's been rumored forever that Brad's the one with herpes. Maybe he gave them to Angie.

Quote Originally Posted by lovely bones
    OK, TMI! That is nasty to think about, let alone be true!
    OMG
    theadventuresofmee.blogspot.com my beauty blog

I think I read somewhere that 1/3 sexually active people have herpes nowadays...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7
    I think I read somewhere that 1/3 sexually active people have herpes nowadays...
    Screw that! this is yet another reason to remain celibate; can't hardly trust anyone these days. People could be lying about whether or not they're clean, and from this board alone I've seen that it can happen to the most undeserving people

Ewh nasty nasty nasty! I just don't like to think about that...ick.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

There's a lot of reasons for having a c-section not just herpes (especially with actresses), but for some reason herpes just sounds too possible to rule out.

KD
    Elite Member

I call bullshit. If a woman has herpes, her Dr prescribes something such as Valtrex for the last month of her pregnancy to help prevent an occurance. Not to say that it is fool proof, but I call total BS on this article. Tons of HW women have c-sections because of this, that and the other thing, but AJ had one because of herpes?

Elite Member

There are way more people on this planet with Herpes than HIV. And whomever said you can't trust anyone, you better believe it! I'm paranoid about that crap! Thank God, *knocking on wood*, I don't have Herpes or any other sexually transmited disease, but that doesn't mean I never will, so I won't talk shit. All it takes is one time with the wrong person. And some people carry these viruses and never have symptoms--especially men!

Also, just for info, my cousin has Hepatitis C. That's what Naomi Judd and Pamela Anderson have. She has no idea how she got it. She could've gotten it from having sex with someone who had it, she could've gotten it form a manicure, a pedicure, from a cut, who knows...she never had a blood transfusion, she never got tattoos and she sure as hell never shot up drugs. Bottom line is that when she had her baby 2 yrs ago, she had a cesarean section.

There are numerous reasons why women get C-sections...breech births, the child is too large, the umbilical cord is wrapped around the child's neck, the mother has a herpes outbreak, the mother has AIDS, the mother has toxemia or any other medical condition that could cause an emergency, blah, blah, blah...it could even be because you have one lazy-ass doctor who wants the insurance money for it. We could beat this one to death forever. Fact is that statistically, C-Sections are very common and are rising in occurrence all over the place. I highly doubt it's because every woman out there has herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by mia981
    I wouldn't put to much credibility from a source of an online gossip site, but that's the definition of gossip I guess.....
    From What Would Tyler Durdan Do

Although there have been few specifics about the birth of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt in Namibia on Saturday, most reports are saying Angelina Jolie underwent a planned c-section. So why would a healthy 30 year old woman choose to have a complicated surgery in a country with less than exemplary medical care? According to one email, it's because of her STD. Herpes, to be specific.
    "So I had to contribute a tid bit I heard when I was working for 20th Century Fox (in an executive position that will go unnamed) ... we produced 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith'. Angie and Brad were indeed having sex on that film, and she apparently gave him some STD's, and that's how Jennifer Aniston first found out ... If you are young, like Angelina Jolie, and healthy, the reason for c-section is almost always herpes. Jennifer Garner is another herpes mom, Madonna another. Both delivered small babies by c-section. Katie Holmes is another."
    Obviously I have no idea if any of that is true. It is true that doctors recommend a c-section for women with herpes. According to MSNBC, "women with active herpes lesions or symptoms that a lesion is about ready to erupt should undergo a cesarean section to prevent the virus from infecting the baby during a vaginal delivery." It's also true that Garner and Madonna had c-sections, it has not been reported if Holmes did.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2006/05/3...na-has-herpes/

and

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...tml?mode=reply
    That highlighted statement is absolutely untrue. The 2 main (and simple) reasons more C-sections are done nowadays than ever is convenience, and docs/parents/med community preference to err on the side of caution when it comes to the babies. A lot of little nit picky problems you used to see with newborns are becoming less frequent. And to top it off, most halfway decent insurances cover it anyway. So a big bullshit on that article, especially when it comes to herpes being the main reason for a C-Section. I've seen one for this reason (the woman had an outbreak).

Also a big eyeroll here since they say this about damn near every celeb who has a C-section. Or at least the controversial ones that have a little *anti* camp of haters. They said it about Victoria Beckham without any proof either and I shrugged it off, even though I'm no particular fan of hers. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if she had herpes, since suppposedly one in four adults do now. But I know scores of ordinary people who've probably fucked way more people than her who are clean as a whistle.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl
    There are way more people on this planet with Herpes than HIV. And whomever said you can't trust anyone, you better believe it! I'm paranoid about that crap! Thank God, *knocking on wood*, I don't have Herpes or any other sexually transmited disease, but that doesn't mean I never will, so I won't talk shit. All it takes is one time with the wrong person. And some people carry these viruses and never have symptoms--especially men!

Also, just for info, my cousin has Hepatitis C. That's what Naomi Judd and Pamela Anderson have. She has no idea how she got it. She could've gotten it from having sex with someone who had it, she could've gotten it form a manicure, a pedicure, from a cut, who knows...she never had a blood transfusion, she never got tattoos and she sure as hell never shot up drugs. Bottom line is that when she had her baby 2 yrs ago, she had a cesarean section.

There are numerous reasons why women get C-sections...breech births, the child is too large, the umbilical cord is wrapped around the child's neck, the mother has a herpes outbreak, the mother has AIDS, the mother has toxemia or any other medical condition that could cause an emergency, blah, blah, blah...it could even be because you have one lazy-ass doctor who wants the insurance money for it. We could beat this one to death forever. Fact is that statistically, C-Sections are very common and are rising in occurrence all over the place. I highly doubt it's because every woman out there has herpes.
    Very well said.

Elite Member

Also, what's that other thing that's very common....jeez, my neighbor had it and that's why her two kids were born via C-section. It's a bacteria or some sort of strep infection that women can get 'down there'....I think some women are actually born with it, you can't get rid of it...anyway, whenever you get pregnant, a month or so before you're about to give birth they put you on anti-biotics and you have to take them faithfully so it's safe for your child to come out vaginally. If you don't take the antibiotics as prescribed, your baby can be born blind or even get brain-damaged. Anyway, my neighbor wasn't taking the antibiotics as prescribed and when it came time to have her kids, the doctor gave her a major lecture and delivered her kids C-section. I think the first one happened that way and the second one they opted to do it that way since she already had the first one that way anyway...point being that's another reason women have C-sections, that strep bacteria. It's not an STD, it's just there. But I agree with Mrs. Dark and Shaki....it's unfair to assume anyone who's ever had a C-section got one because they've been exposed to some venereal disease. That's so not true.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well yeah i'm not suprised; both she a brad were the biggest sluts in hollywood; me personally: I would never let someone like Brad Pitt cum in me w/o protection, and i mean the body-condom kind of protection im sure herpes is the least of their problems.

KD
    Elite Member

PrettyGirl, Mrs.Dark-ITA. *Maybe* some of these people do have herpes but I think it is pretty ugly to ASSume that just because you have a cesarian you have herpes, seeing as there are many reasons to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    well yeah i'm not suprised; both she a brad were the biggest sluts in hollywood; me personally: I would never let someone like Brad Pitt cum in me w/o protection, and i mean the body-condom kind of protection im sure herpes is the least of their problems.
    To transmit herpes, no orgasm is necessary.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information