Thread: Heather Mills McCartney's ex-fiancee to Paul McCartney: We've both been 'Heather-ed'

Default Heather Mills McCartney's ex-fiancee to Paul McCartney: We've both been 'Heather-ed'

Poison pen
    Chris Terrill, the man Heather Mills McCartney dumped for Paul McCartney, is sharing a few choice tidbits about his relationship with the soon-to-be divorcee, London's Sunday Mirror reports.

In an open letter to the ex-Beatle, Mr. Terrill, a filmmaker, describes how he fell for the former Miss Mills and proposed to her 12 days after they met while making a film about land mines in Cambodia.

According to the newspaper, the pair bought a bamboo engagement ring in a market and planned to marry, but things started to sour when Sir Paul, 63, phoned Mr. Terrill's home and asked to speak to Miss Mills, 38.

The star even turned up at Mr. Terrill's apartment to hand over a check for Miss Mills' land-mine charity, he said. Then, six days before he and Miss Mills were to marry in 2001, she phoned him and said, "It's off," Mr. Terrill recalled.

Miss Mills and Mr. McCartney wed in 2002 and separated earlier this month.

In his letter, the jilted Mr. Terrill said he was writing to bury the hatchet with Mr. McCartney, declaring, "No hard feelings now. All is fair in love and war and all that.

"In any case, as things have turned out, I should probably thank you for having taken my seat on a plane that was doomed to crash in flames," Mr. Terrill wrote. "Maybe one day we could have a beer and compare notes. We have both been Heathered -- and that's something a chap never forgets."

Mr. Terrill also describes how difficult it was to move on from his heartbreak as he was bombarded with images of his ex-fiancee and Mr. McCartney in newspapers and on television.

"It would have been easier to stomach if you had been [a bad guy], but sadly you are a nice guy and I had to accept that I had not lost her to a cad and blackguard."

Mr. Terrill also denied claims that Mrs. Mills McCartney was just after Macca's money. "I have to say this," he wrote. "I totally agree with you that she's not a gold digger. I think she wants recognition and is frustrated when it doesn't come the way she wants it.

"PS. Don't know what you are going to settle on with her, but please make sure it is enough that she can pay me back for the damned wedding."

http://washingtontimes.com/entertainment/20060530-095111-7580r.htm

Default Re: Heather Mills McCartney's ex-fiancee to Paul McCartney: We've both been 'Heather-ed'

This was posted last week some time.

KD
    Elite Member

Default Re: Heather Mills McCartney's ex-fiancee to Paul McCartney: We've both been 'Heather-ed'

And she's been Heather-ed? Is this like being tar and feathered? But that would be TEATHER-ED.

Elite Member

PS. Don't know what you are going to settle on with her, but please make sure it is enough that she can pay me back for the damned wedding.
    Love it!

He should have said "Just give her enough so she can pay me back for the bamboo ring?"
    Jack I swear.

Thread Information