Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keira Knightely's secrets to staying slim

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Keira Knightely's secrets to staying slim

Knightley swears secret of staying thin is a diet of pasta and red wine

SHAN ROSS 03-Jun-06 01:23 BST

AS ONE of the "world's sexiest women", she boasts a figure many female fans would happily trade in their boyfriends or husbands for.
    But Keira Knightley revealed last night that her svelte body is all down to drinking half a bottle of wine a night and eating regular plates of pasta.

The 21-year-old Hollywood star also admitted that she had not visited a gym in six months.
    "I'm not one of those people who's going to jog five miles every morning. I'm trying to go 'f*** it' and have bowls of pasta or whatever makes me happy," she said in an interview in July's Elle magazine, due out on Wednesday.
    "I haven't been to the gym since January and I'm drinking about half a bottle of wine a night. F*** it, you've got one life; live it."

The 5ft 8in actress, who was shortlisted for an Oscar for Pride and Prejudice, says she is a size ten on top and 12 on the bottom, and envies the curves of fellow stars Scarlett Johansson and Kate Winslet.
    "That kind of decadent flesh is absolutely beautiful. How sexy is that on a woman?" she said.

Knightley, the new face of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, once said the very thought of diets made her want chips and ice cream and claimed to be naturally thin.
    "
    At the moment, it is the trend fashion-wise to be thin. It's fine. I think that there's absolutely no point trying to force your body to be anything than what it is. I think that when you see people who are really pushing themselves to terrifying lengths to achieve what is perceived as being beautiful today, then that's just terrifying; it's really terrifying.

"I wouldn't do that, I'm naturally thin. I'm not working out at all at the moment and the body hasn't fallen apart yet, so I'm assuming that we're all right. I'm young."
    Dr Wendy Wrieden, a lecturer in nutrition at Dundee University's centre for public health, said: "If Miss Knightley is surviving on just pasta and wine, then that doesn't sound too good as it wouldn't have enough vitamins. Half a bottle of wine a night sounds a little too much.

"But pasta is a carbohydrate food and is better than eating something covered in sugar, especially if it included a tomato sauce and a salad.
    "The best pasta would be the sort which contains a lot of fibre, rather than just the white sort. She should also include fruit and vegetables, if she wants a balanced diet."
    Other celebrities who publicly eschew dieting include the model Elizabeth Hurley and Victoria Beckham.

But Hurley's "friends" have said her figure may be due to her strict regime of one meal a day, eaten from a baby plate with a miniature knife and fork, and snacking on six raisins a day.

source:
    http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment.cfm?id=819932006

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

SVZ

Default Re: Keira Knightely's secrets to staying slim

Not sure if I believe Keira...I know some people are like this, but I don't think she is..

Bronze Member

That article is ridiculous....
    I saw the original interview with Keira, and she never said that her diet consists of pasta and wine. What she actually said was something to the effect of, "I'm not trying to be thin anymore. When I feel like eating a bowl of pasta, I will, and if I want to drink a half bottle of wine a night, I will." It was in the new issue of UK Elle.

It's hilarious how the New Scotsman actually consulted a doctor on this, fully well knowing that Keira never even said the "pasta-wine" thing in the first place.

She has to be one of the most mis-quoted celebrities around.

SVZ

lol that's good to know, thanks asina!

Bronze Member

Here's a scan of part of the interview:
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...nya/zzzzzz.jpg

i read, I believe in Vanity Fair, she was on a diet of no carbs after 4pm and alot of exercise (in her words)
    theadventuresofmee.blogspot.com my beauty blog

The 5ft 8in actress, who was shortlisted for an Oscar for Pride and Prejudice, says she is a size ten on top and 12 on the bottom
    Sizes must be very different in the UK than they are in the US, because there's no way she's a US size 10/12.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^Exactly what i was thinking, WTF?? And she has pretty ripped abs...you don't get ripped abs by not exercising for months and not following a diet. I call BS.

Gold Member

her diet probably consists of a lot of coke (not the variety that comes in a can). And as far as being one of the sexiest women alive, please...she has said in interviews that she is flat chested and her cleavage is faked in her movies.

I figured we'd hear about her coke habit if she's giving her diet secrets.

I think Kiera exercises and diets but she just doesn't go overboard with it*cough nicole, lindsay cough*

I call bullshit on hurly and victoria not dieting. How silly & pathetic of elizabeth hurly if she really does eat with baby utensils.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    I figured we'd hear about her coke habit if she's giving her diet secrets.

Or yakking habit!

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2cats
    her diet probably consists of a lot of coke (not the variety that comes in a can). And as far as being one of the sexiest women alive, please...she has said in interviews that she is flat chested and her cleavage is faked in her movies.
    But just because she is flat chested does not make her NOT sexy. You know how many men fantasized about Brooke Shields in the 80's? How about Gwen Stefani, Debra Messing? Both flat chested and considered sexy by many. I like it when celebrities don't get a boob jobs, although I think Gwen may have had one recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    Sizes must be very different in the UK than they are in the US, because there's no way she's a US size 10/12.
    That'd be like a 6/8 here Laurent. But I don't even believe she's as much as that. That's what Drew Barrymore is and she has to endure catty whispers behind her back about being *fat* from the fashion fags and typical Hollywood crackwhores who are pissed that they have to starve down to a a 0-2 to keep attention. This girl is way thinner than Drew.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She is 21. Up until I was almost 30 I ate anything I wanted too and remained 5'7 and 117 pounds without doing any exercise other than free weights. I broke all the cardinal rules like never skip breakfast but had a sandwich and chips or a salad at 11am. I drank coffee and smoked ciggies all day and would usually have a big dinner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information