Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Say Thanks

Post Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Say Thanks

Brangelina Says Thank You

To celebrate the birth of their new baby girl, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are donating $300,000 to help other babies in Namibia. In addition they'll also give $15,000 for a school and community center in Swakopmund.

The Namibian government also released a statement saying that baby Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt will also be granted Namibian citizenship.... of course she will!

Source: http://gaysocialites.com/gossip/

Smile and Smile Again!

Default Re: Brad and Angelina Say Thanks

So now that makes her African too?

Default Re: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Say Thanks

How sweet..they do something nice and she's still horrible? Makes..her African..borderline racist comment..I could go on and on..what the hell is wrong with her visiting africa, and the people welcoming her?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I just love this! The state of Africa is near and dear to my heart, since my ancestors came from there and all that. Angelina and Brad can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

AyanEva

Geeez, again with the "thwarting [my] plans to keep hating on" Brangelina. Can't win!

Considering that almost all Namibians are living on a dollar or two a day (according to a news report), that's a lot of money - to bring help where it's hurting.
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

Does she have to release a press statement everytime she donates money. I am sure she can donate anonimously cant she??

Silver Member

i read the whole article somewhere else. Angelina didn't make an announcement about the donation, the Namibian governor or some state official did. $315,000 is going to help a lot of the people there out.

Off topic:

I think it's fine that people donate anonymously but I thought the whole point is that as a celeb you can raise awareness for a cause or a place so others might feel encouraged to donate their time or money. Some people simply give to a charity because their favorite celeb is attached to that charity, so who knows. Some celebs do it for photo ops but one thing I will never doubt about Angelina is her humantarian work. This whole humantarian title attached to her started last year, but she has been doing this for the last five years or so.

It's all relative as someone said - when you are paid over a dozen million dollars for a film the donation of 315,000 is pocket change -I guess it doesn't even cover the cost of the plane they keep on standby- so it makes that donation ridiculous in regard to what they could really do to help...One of their secondary houses that they will hardly visit should be worth 100 times this donation

wow. Talk about African American.

Im sorry to say when i first read this my overwhelming thought was God, is that all? To them its probably a days interest considering how much money they must have combined. Your both worth millions..................give b***** more to celebrate your daughters birth......not a measly $315,000. (Thats roughly £170,000.)
    Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

that's what i thought too! i mean, it's great they're donating the 300k, i'm sure much good can be done with it. but considering that 300k is only like the price of a bentley for them, what's up with THAT? come onnnnnnnnnnnnn, they can do better. after all, namibia as a whole was VERY good to them.

cheapskates.

edit: oops, i meant to add....won't they be offended? i mean, if i was the head of state of namibia, i'd be all "300k fricking dollars ??? after all the crap we did for youuuuuuuu and let you manipulate us???"

i'm kinda grossed out by brangelina at this point.
    Last edited by Mookie; May 30th, 2006 at 08:31 AM.

mm, i understand your point, honest i do. but i wasn't aware that they'd helped namibia in the past.

lol, although i STILL think 300k makes them cheap bastards...

Just wanted to let you guys know that I gave a dollar to a hobo today. I really think I changed his life. I'm not telling you this so you'll be like Wow! she's a great person. I'm just trying to raise awareness about hobos.

Catherine Zeta-Jones also has millions, I mean, she said 1 million is like nothing for her, so why she doesnt donate anything??

Brad and Angelina are great, and even if they are rich and worth millions, they dont have any obligation of giving their money away.

Never is too late to make a change.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I gave a dollar to a hobo today. I really think I changed his life. I'm not telling you this so you'll be like Wow! she's a great person. I'm just trying to raise awareness about hobos.

WOW ... You are such a GREAT person. I shall forever worship at the altar of Somerset.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information