Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie gives birth to Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

Default Angelina Jolie gives birth to Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

Angelina & Brad Have a Girl!

Saturday May 27, 2006 9:25pm EST

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have welcomed a baby girl, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, a rep for the couple confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

The child was born on May 27, at night, in the African country of Namibia.

The new parents, along with kids Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 1, have been staying at a luxury resort in Namibia since April, where their personal security team and Namibian police have shielded them from paparazzi.

Last week, the Namibian government said foreign journalists wishing to cover the birth must have written permission from Pitt and Jolie to enter the country and obtain a work permit.

The new girl is the couple's first biological child. Jolie adopted Maddox from Cambodia in 2002 and Zahara from Ethiopia last year. Pitt is in the process of legally adopting both children.

The baby is the latest step in a life-changing year during which Pitt and Jolie went from costars (in last summer's slick crime thriller Mr. and Mrs. Smith) to supercouple to, finally, Mommy and Daddy.

"It's the idea that you love one another and you want to create a family together," a friend of the couple's told PEOPLE earlier this year. "What's beautiful is you can do it by birth (or) by adoption."

Word that Angelina was pregnant first broke on Jan. 11, when representatives of both stars confirmed the baby news to PEOPLE after the actress and U.N. goodwill ambassador had confided to a charity aid worker in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: "Yes, I'm pregnant."

The pregnancy news – which came shortly after Pitt's announcement that he planned to adopt Maddox and Zahara – might have been a media bombshell, but it was a natural progression for the pair who put nest-building on the fast track.

Jolie, 30, had long spoken about expanding her family, and told PEOPLE last October that she would like to adopt again. "There's something about making a choice, waking up and traveling somewhere and finding your family," she said.

Pitt, 42, has also often talked about wanting a family. He has no children from his 4-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston, which ended last year.

"I think he'll be wonderful (with the new baby)," Pitt's Assassination of Jesse James costar, Mary-Louise Parker, told PEOPLE earlier this year. "He's a great guy, conscientious and kind. I'm happy for both of them."

'People' mag.

Default Angelina Jolie gives birth to Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

It's a baby girl for Brangelina

By CHRISTOPHER WEBER

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - In what was arguably the most anticipated delivery in the world, Angelina Jolie gave birth to Brad Pitt's daughter Saturday in Africa, Pitt's publicist announced.

"The night of May 27, 2006 in Namibia, Africa, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcomed their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. No further information is being given," publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a statement.

No photographs were being released, she added.

The baby's arrival had been the subject of intense press speculation in recent months, compelling the superstar couple to decamp to Africa for privacy.

The actors were linked romantically shortly after appearing together in the 2005 movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."

Jolie, 30, is a frequent visitor to Africa and serves as goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.

Jolie has two adopted children: toddler Zahara, from Ethiopia, and 4-year-old Maddox, from Cambodia.

Both had their surnames legally changed to Jolie-Pitt after Pitt announced his intentions to co-adopt the children.

Pitt and actress Jennifer Aniston divorced last fall.

Jolie, who won an Oscar for her supporting role in 1999's "Girl, Interrupted," is divorced from Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/14684600.htm
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

Default Re: Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt is born

finally!

interesting name choice. then agian, i figured that they wouldn't settle on emily or michael. i'm sure that maddox is going to be a total brat and demand ten trips to the toy store now to even the score...
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

Awww, I remember having my first baby. What an amazing experience! Congrats to them! Is Chiniston on suicide alert?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

A*O

Sounds like they borrowed Brandene and Cletus' "Trailerpark Babynames" book.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

KD
    Elite Member

Shiloh is definatley better than Africa and I think better than Apple or Coco. Kinda hippyish. Congrats to them!!! YAY!! I gotta admit, I was hoping for a boy, not sure why.

As far as celebrity baby names go, Shiloh sounds not too bad. I always was a sucker for the book.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I heard Brad say he wanted a baby girl! how sweet. I bet she's gorgeous!

Another scheduled c-section I heard. I really don't understand the importance of choosing this route. Having had both, I prefer the less painful "cootch stretching" method. I'm happy for them and was hoping it was a girl. Can't wait to see her!
    Everytime you masturbate....God kills a kitten.

Is either of those names African?

^ No, the first is 'Hebrew' and the other is 'French'.

SVZ

sounds like a dog's name

KD
    Elite Member

I thought Kingston sounded like a dog's name. I can totally picture a German Shepard named King. Shiloh, not so much.

Is there two threads of this or do I need to go to bed? Also, how did she delivery? Was it vag or csection?

Damn, finally - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BRANGELINA FAMILY!!!

So now we can ALL go to bed!

(but not together, please)
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information