Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Richie allegedly on diet pills

Chit Chatter

Default Nicole Richie allegedly on diet pills

This was taken from Derek Hail:
    Nicole Richie’s weight loss was allegedly caused by an addiction to diet pills known as Hoodia, which is a South African Herb that tricks the body into thinking it is not hungry. Nicole’s friend, Crystal, told Britain’s More magazine that Nicole told her,
    Hoodia makes you look hot in low-cut tops and backless dresses. It is good for me - the bushmen have sworn by it for hundreds of years and that’s good enough for me.
    Is it still called anorexia when you don’t eat because you’re not hungry? No, its called, put down the damn pills and eat a cheeseburger. I don’t necessarily believe this story, but, this would explain how Nicole managed to lose so much weight in a short period of time without actually having an eating disorder or blaming Lionel Richie. She had a drug disorder
    Last edited by MaryJane; May 28th, 2006 at 04:17 AM.

Default Re: Nicole Richie allegedly on diet pills

Taking a drug to avoid feeling hungry and eating is still bordering on eating disorder IMO.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Datasta
    I don’t necessarily believe this story
    I do.

She's had a drug addiction before. What's to stop her from popping pills again?

I think she was tired of being Paris Hilton's chubby sidekick. So she cleaned up her act (cough), lost a bunch of weight, hired a stylist, got a new hair do, and dropped Paris as a friend.

It was at the exact same time that she started losing weight, that she hired a stylist and started dressing better.

She used to dress TRASHY when she was chubby.

Elite Member

I have researched Hoodia and the company that has the patent on it has not put a product to market yet. All of the products on the market that claim to have Hoodia are either lying or the amount is so trace it doesn't do any good. It's the other active ingredients like major amounts of caffeine that stave off hunger.

If an effective level of Hoodia is ever manufactured in pill form, it will help a lot of overweight people lose weight.

I belive 5% of this story.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Probably not true. I mean maybe she's on pills but this story seems ridiculous. Some 'friend'.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom
    I have researched Hoodia and the company that has the patent on it has not put a product to market yet. All of the products on the market that claim to have Hoodia are either lying or the amount is so trace it doesn't do any good. It's the other active ingredients like major amounts of caffeine that stave off hunger.

If an effective level of Hoodia is ever manufactured in pill form, it will help a lot of overweight people lose weight.
    Yup, I researched it too, after I bought a bottle. I was so very disheartened to learn that I was most likely ingesting sawdust. It was just too good to be true. Wish I could grow a hoodia cactus in my backyard and just eat it.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon
    Yup, I researched it too, after I bought a bottle. I was so very disheartened to learn that I was most likely ingesting sawdust. It was just too good to be true. Wish I could grow a hoodia cactus in my backyard and just eat it.
    I got some on EBAY quite a while ago just to see what was up and learned the same thing you did!

Wow, I'm shocked. Dammit, shocked.

I tried hoodia, and it did nothing for me. I shopped around a lot & compared the amount of hoodia that is supposedly actually in each pill, and got the best one I could find. Nothing. It was a bummer.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

I do believe that Nicole IS addicted to an appetite-suppressing drug, all right. One called COCAINE.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    I tried hoodia, and it did nothing for me. I shopped around a lot & compared the amount of hoodia that is supposedly actually in each pill, and got the best one I could find. Nothing. It was a bummer.
    I read an article from the BBC that said hoodia seems to work but could not be found in the so called hoodia products in the US. The labels are false-they do not contain hoodia.

Have you ever tried phentermine? It is a prescription diet pill but easily obtained on the internet. I have abused too many uppers-it did nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas
    I read an article from the BBC that said hoodia seems to work but could not be found in the so called hoodia products in the US. The labels are false-they do not contain hoodia.

Have you ever tried phentermine? It is a prescription diet pill but easily obtained on the internet. I have abused too many uppers-it did nothing for me.
    How can they get away with such blatant lying? So irritating.

I tried phentermine a few years ago, & liked it. Unfortunately, my last shipment got waylaid by US Customs. They sent me this nice letter saying that perhaps I didn't know this was illegal, and if I would complete this form, they wouldn't come & kill me & burn my land. Kinda scared me from doing it again. The company I ordered it from refunded my money in full, oddly enough. I figured they'd tell me to piss off, but I was pleasantly surprised.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hoodia my ass. Unless it contains large amounts of cocaine.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member NicoleRichieWannaB's Avatar

Why Do People Not Like Her Just Bcuz She's Skinny? She Still Acts Like Hersself.
    Thats Hott<33

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information