Thread: Brad Pitt "marries" Angelina Jolie in an ancient Namibian ceremony

Default Brad Pitt "marries" Angelina Jolie in an ancient Namibian ceremony

By Cathy Beers

Brad Pitt may not have gotten the traditional and legal ceremony that he desperately desired but a published report claims that he did get Angelina Jolie to an altar of sorts. According to Life & Style Weekly the pair were part of a traditional Himba wedding ceremony.

And in an obvious dis at Jennifer Aniston the Angie source then makes this claim, “It meant much more to her than your typical Malibu wedding would. He’s happy, too.”

“She promised she’d marry him before the baby came, so she did,” an insider close to Angelina tells the weekly. “Now no matter what happens, Brad can always say he was married to Angie.”

The report from the magazine cites an insider "close to Angie" that claims Brad and Angie took part in a traditional Himba wedding ceremony.

What the heck’s a Himba, you ask?

L&S reports its an ancient tribe of Namibian nomads, whose weddings are often performed by tribal chieftains or without a leader at all. The bride wears an ekori, a headdress made of leather or goatskin, and jewelry made of iron and shells. Later, the groom’s family anoints her with but­terfat from a cow.

Yuck! Snark alert - L&S says to watch out: Himba men practice polygamy.

Cue the rep: Brad’s rep denies they got married.

And the report admits from a legal standpoint, the wedding — like any religious ceremony - wouldn’t make them husband and wife: “They’ll marry again later in the U.S.,” says the insider.

--Cathy Beers
    http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27265748.shtml
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

Default Re: Brad Pitt "marries" Angelina Jolie in an ancient Namibian ceremony

Really? I call BS!
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

I think Angelina was sick of his nagging about marriage and did this just to shut him up.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

If he didnt marry her then, why now?
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I'm skeptical of this one.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Elite Member

I think it is nice... nothing like being anointed with but­terfat from a cow.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Eh, I still maintain it's just a piece of paper. If they're committed, they're committed, whether or not they went through some antiquated ceremony designed to tether people and thus their property to families. Remember, it wasn't long ago that women were simply considered property to be given from one man (father) to another (husband).
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Of course, Brad's rep denies he got married ... because he didn't.

*yawn*

Elite Member

He's seeming a bit desparate to me lately. Is getting Ange to the alter some sort of competition to him?

“She promised she’d marry him before the baby came, so she did,” an insider close to Angelina tells the weekly. “Now no matter what happens, Brad can always say he was married to Angie.”
    That doesn't sound very optimistic of Angie's friend now does it? LOL

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    He's seeming a bit desparate to me lately. Is getting Ange to the alter some sort of competition to him?
    Well, since he would be husband #3, he would already have lost this competition!

Brad Pitt "marries" Angelina Jolie in an ancient Namibian ceremony
    Hmmmm. . . .

This brings to mind a ritual unique to the American Southwest: "the contemporary Las Vegasinian ceremony." As I recall, sophomorically superfluous sex-talk, tattoos, and vials of blood are involved.

Vi
    Don't be ridiculous, Stephen: wearing a helmet does not make it "safe," and the answer is still "no."

Ok.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Boring! NEXT!

Thread Information