Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Jack Bauer to Die in Fox's 24

Default Jack Bauer to Die in Fox's 24

Jack Bauer to Die in Fox's 24 - February 28th 2006
    It has been confirmed that Jack Bauer, the Federal Agent played by Kiefer Sutherland, is to die in an upcoming episode of Fox's high profile TV Series Twenty-Four. The twist comes as a surprise as most avid viewers had considered Sutherland's character to be the only bulletproof character in the show - although this description is not entirely inaccurate - whilst the cause of his death has not been revealed, it will not be from a fatal gunshot wound.

Kiefer Sutherland first hit TV screens as Jack Bauer in 2001 when his character endured a day which saw him framed for the attempted assassination of a high profile Presidential candidate, his wife and daughter kidnapped, a former girlfriend betray him – ultimately concluding with him cradling the dead body of his wife in his arms. The death of his wife at the end of the first season was proof 24 was prepared to go places most prime time TV series wouldn't – culminating in no fewer than 5 major characters killed off in as many seasons.

The twists and turns of the first two seasons soon led fans desperate to know what was going to happen before each episode aired, and soon spoiler sites sprouted up around the Internet with information from sources of a varying degree of credibility – ranging from factual snippets of information from crew members who work on the show to the fictional jokes often witnessed on IMDB.

However, after reading episode spoilers on the Internet, many of 24 fans complained that the TV show suddenly felt like it was becoming far too predictable:

“When I watched the first season of 24 I was on the edge of my seat at every twist and turn,” 24 addict Chuck Hankman revealed, “However, during Season 4, I would log on to a 24 spoilers site every week to find out what was going to happen in the next episode. Whilst what I read often sounded like a great idea – shooting down Airforce One, Jack having to sacrifice his lover's husband in order to save the country – when I finally saw these events on the TV screen six days later the magic of Season 1 had gone. If only I could go back to the shock I felt at the twist of finding out Alan York was not who he claimed to be.”

Consequently, the 24 writers have been forced into taking radical action to keep their fans on their toes – killing the previously indestructible Jack Bauer.

Many fans have suggested that should their hero be killed they would stop watching the show and therefore the decision to kill him would make no sense. Others have pointed to the 24 movies being planned, and the already confirmed 6th Season as evidence that Jack will survive his 5th longest day.

Keith Wilson, a spokesperson for Fox, explained these were the very reasons Jack Bauer had to die now:

“Fox has already committed to a 6th Season of 24 and as a result that will be filmed regardless of ratings – and despite what some people think, we actually believe the death of Jack will result in an increase in ratings. Whilst it is true that a huge core of Jack Bauer fans do exist out there, there are also a lot of people who feel the Jack-centric nature the show has adopted recently undermines the real reasons it became so exciting in the first place.

“If Jack were to die, all the people who loved Jack would still tune in for a few episodes to see what the show was like without him – and trust me, they are still going to love what we've got in store – but we'd also attract the minority who were put off by him. It's a calculated risk, but one that will pay off.

“Secondly, with a series of movies planned, we can still keep the Jack Bauer character alive by visiting a lot of the memorable events in his past. Project Nightfall, for example, is something everyone has longed to see and with most of the characters involved in it now dead on the TV Series we would be able to push ahead with both productions almost simultaneously.”

http://www.randomperspective.com/page.asp?1news/3/024
    "Say it ain't so!"

Vi
    Don't be ridiculous, Stephen: wearing a helmet does not make it "safe," and the answer is still "no."

Gold Member

Default Re: Jack Bauer to Die in Fox's 24

I don't care what they say. I would NOT tune into 24 if they killed Bauer off.

Quote Originally Posted by feliciakb
    I don't care what they say. I would NOT tune into 24 if they killed Bauer off.
    Fair enough. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just the same, I think you should know. . .

Basic Truths About 24's Jack Bauer

Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

If it tastes like chicken, looks like chicken, and feels like chicken, but Jack Bauer says its beef. Then you better believe it's beef.

Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

Let's get one thing straight: the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer hates lemonade.

Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.

Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.

Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

When Jack Bauer was a child, he made his mother finish his vegetables.

Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.

Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better do it.

Jack Bauer won the Tour de France on a unicycle to prove to Lance Armstrong it wasn't a big deal. He thinks yellow wristbands are gay.

When Jack Bauer pissses into the wind, the wind changes direction.

Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.

When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.

You can lead a horse to water. Jack Bauer can make him drink.

Jack Bauer can get McDonald's breakfast after 10:30.

When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Jack Bauer.

Every mathematical inequality officially ends with "< Jack Bauer".

In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What the hell have you done with your life?

Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.

Jack Bauer killed so many terrorists that at one point, the #5 CIA Most Wanted fugitive was an 18-year-old teenager in Malaysia who downloaded the movie Dodgeball.

In kindergarten, Jack Bauer killed a terrorist for Show and Tell.

What color is Jack Bauer's blood? Trick question. Jack Bauer does not bleed.

Guns dont kill people, Jack Bauer kills people.

If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.

People with amnesia still remember Jack Bauer.

Sun Tzu once wrote, "If your enemy is weaker, conquer him. If he is stronger, join him. If he is Jack Bauer, you're f***ing dead."

Jack Bauer literally died for his country, and lived to tell about it.

Jack Bauer has been to Mars. That's why there's no life on Mars.

Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jack Bauer laughs at Superman for having a weakness.

When Batman is in trouble, he turns on the Jack Bauer signal.

It took Jack Bauer two minutes to beat a confession out of OJ.

If Jack Bauer was gay, his name would be Chuck Norris.

The bumper sticker on Jesus's car reads, "WWJBD?"

Jack Bauer was conceived by torturing the other sperm until they gave up the location of the egg.

After 7 minutes of interrogation at the hands of Jack Bauer, Tom Cruise admitted that he was gay.

Jack Bauer's family threw him a surprise birthday party when he was a child. Once
    I'm only telling you this because I care.

Vi
    Don't be ridiculous, Stephen: wearing a helmet does not make it "safe," and the answer is still "no."

Gold Member

Jack facts. LOL. My dh gets a kick out of these.

Hilarious, ultrafabviolet!!!

Aw, they're killing my Jack?!?!?!
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

They'd be stupid to continue the show without Jack.

He can't die

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Hilarious, ultrafabviolet!!!

Aw, they're killing my Jack?!?!?!

Well, Barbara, to what end?

Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
    hee hee hee

Vi

Heheh, right
    morons.org

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Don't think it will happen. Didn't Kiefer recently sign a five year contract to keep being Jack Bauer with "24"? They aren't going to sign someone and then turn around and bump off their character... unless they go the soap opera route and bring back his evil or missing twin. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Missing twin, long lost doppelganger, apparitions in dreams... everything is possible in the world of TV shows. But I do hope they won't stoop that low
    morons.org

Bronze Member

he just signed a new huge contract...and they're in planning for a movie...unless they're gonna have kiefer play a new role like evil doppleganger or something i highly doubt it.

holy shit bauermanicas... this can not be...

Thread Information