Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie talks about education; knows sex of baby

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Angelina Jolie talks about education; knows sex of baby

By Karen Thomas, USA TODAY
    Those celebrity magazine reports that actress Angelina Jolie is due as early as next week differ from her announcement that she's not quite eight months pregnant.
    Jolie, 30, sat down this week for an interview with NBC's Ann Curry in Namibia, Africa, where the actress and her family — Brad Pitt, 42, and their two children — are living at a resort while they await the arrival of their newest member.

The interview airs on Today Thursday (7 a.m. ET/PT) and Dateline Sunday (7 p.m. ET/PT).

In her first comments about her relationship with her Mr. & Mrs. Smith co-star, who divorced Friends actress Jennifer Aniston last year, Jolie tells Curry, "I don't talk about our — my relationship in public. But we also don't talk about it at home.

"It's one of those funny things that just happens, and you live your life, and you're a family. But you never actually discuss (it)."

The whole relationship question, Jolie says, makes her "giggle." It's "just kind of funny. If (Brad) saw this, he would probably understand why I was laughing. Because I just don't know how to address that kind of thing."

Jolie says she broke her silence with the media to further her latest cause: educational opportunities for children worldwide.

When she looks at her son Maddox, 4, from Cambodia, and daughter Zahara, 1, from Ethiopia, she says, "I just think, especially my daughter, there's no possible way she would have gone to school. She is so smart and so strong. And her potential as a woman one day is great.

"Hopefully, she will be active in her country and in her continent when she's older. And because she'll have a good education, she'll be able to do that much more."

The actress elaborates on the changes in her life in recent years: "My life is very full. I'm very proud when I see my children — already Mad, just how he adjusts to different places in the world and different people and his views and the kind of man he's going to be. I'm very lucky."

Jolie says she knows the gender of the child she and Pitt are expecting, but she doesn't reveal whether Zahara and Maddox can expect a brother or a sister.

There's a picture here:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...25-jolie_x.htm

and she looks simply radiant.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: Angelina Jolie talks about education; knows sex of baby

she annoys me
    The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.

^^You're not alone,pal.

I like her more and more.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Good for you. I know Saint Angelina has many fans. But I find her hard, unfeminine, and just plain boring.

^^ I agree. I feel rather sorry for these children. Sure, going on a vacation somewhere exotic is fun ... once in a while ... then it is something to look forward to and get excited about ... but constantly going from one place to another all the damn time is a bit much.

If you want to be a parent, then you have to face the fact that your life is going to change somewhat. You can't still be running around doing whatever you want, whenever you want. You have to think about what is best for the children. It isn't all about you anymore.

I've always been on Team Aniston, but she does look nice in that photo. However I agree that the reason Maddox has to adapt so well to other countries, because he's dragged around all over the place, and never seems to be in the same country for more than a week. He only gets a break at the minute because his mother is pregnant.

^^ But even when she's pregnant, the poor kid doesn't get to go home for a while. Do they even have a home? I'm starting to wonder.

The best memories I have of my kids when they were young were the little things like tucking them in at night and seeing their rooms in the glow of the nightlight with all their stuff around, their friends coming over and listening to all the noise in the backyard, pets running around, kids running around, toys on the stairs, hanging their artwork on the fridge and picking play dough out of the carpet. I just can't imagine being a mother and not having those memories.

I just enjoy the show. Way better than her movies.

Awww aabbcc stop! You're making me broody! I want those things!

Bronze Member

Wink Re: Angelina Jolie talks about education; knows sex of baby

I would ahve loved to have been dragged around the world as kid, learning that borders and frontiers are the most stupid things ever created by humanity.

I with you, cissa. I know someone who was brought up all over Africa and loved it. He now makes African-inspired music (which isn't all that great) under his honorary African name. It's hilarious seeing a blue-eyed blond with a real native name. You adjust to whatever life you get. Me, I hated the suburbs for as long as I could remember and craved a different life. Others love the burbs and can't understand how anyone would live another way. There is no right way to live and no right way to raise kids. Only wrong ways and I don't see how giving these kids, while they aren't yet tied down to school, etc., a chance to see the world is a bad thing.

--Sinclair Lewis

Silver Member

Angelina has such high hopes for her children. Maybe they will all come to fruition.

I was seriously pissed off as a little kid when I had to travel and stay in hotels with my parents but I loved the trips where we rented a house and stayed for over a month so I could make friends and play - that's really what matters for kids

I can sort of see how things just happen in a long term relationship. I have no idea how you can skip over a conversation about a relationship that moves THIS fast though. Seems like a good recipe for a breakup if you ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information