Thread: Philip Seymore Hoffman steals Mission Impossible 3; Tom Cruise beaten up to cheers

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Philip Seymore Hoffman steals Mission Impossible 3; Tom Cruise beaten up to cheers

Cruise: Clapping For Wrong Scene?

There’s word from the top parts of the Paramount machine about "Mission: Impossible 3."

The good news is that the execs seem to like the picture, which is finished, “locked” as they say, ready to go on May 5. Less than thirty days out, only Paramount execs and test groups have even seen the action adventure thriller.

My sources say, “The film is all about Philip Seymour Hoffman. He really carries the picture.”

Uh, but what about Tom Cruise, the star? “Tom’s good, but Phil makes an incredible villain. He has the best lines. You won’t forget him.”

Hoffman now comes into “MI:3” with an Academy Award, and should be memorably good. I’m told audiences in test screenings have cheered for him. But I’m also told the same audiences cheered for something else.

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTSAdvertise Here

“There’s a scene where Tom gets beaten up pretty badly,” says a Paramount insider. “And the test audience clapped. It was kind of weird. You’d think Tom’s people wouldn’t have allowed it to stay in the film.”

Otherwise, “MI:3,” so say my insiders, is notable for coming in a few days early and under budget. They raved about director J.J. Abrams, whose “Lost” and “Alias” on TV have been runaway hits.

“It’s the best of the three movies,” says my top exec proudly.

But one movie maker who’s got a film coming out this summer snipped, “It’s a movie about the music. If that’s right, the Lalo Schifrin score, then you’re all set.”

My Paramount insider counters: “We’ve got Kanye West.”

Here’s a link to the new theme song: MI:3 Theme Song. I think it’s pretty good.

“MI:3” has two weeks to make its money, by the way. That’s when “X Men III” hits theaters, and the race will be on.

foxnews.com

You know what this means? This means that this film will do well based on everyone wanting to see the fabulous Mr. Hoffman. But Tomthumb will take all the credit for being such a box office draw. Damn that little pygmy.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

Default Re: Philip Seymore Hoffman steals Mission Impossible 3; Tom Thumb beaten up to cheers

I can't picture Seymour with that squeaky voice.....he's a very good actor and becomes totally immersed in his roles.

Tom and PSH are completely opposites in terms of acting....you watch Tom Cruise on screen, but with PSH you watch the character not him.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Re: Philip Seymore Hoffman steals Mission Impossible 3; Tom Thumb beaten up to cheers

You're so spot on, SVZ. PSH is so great that you immerse yourself in his character, while with Tomthumb, you sit and watch and say 'hey, Tom Cruise'.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Test Audience Reacts Hilariously to MI3

via perezhilton.com:

"There's a scene where Tom [Cruise] gets beaten up pretty badly. And the test audience clapped. It was kind of weird."

- A Paramount insider on audience reaction at Mission Impossible 3 test screenings.
    ------

bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! oh, my gut! it hurts from laughing soooo hard!!
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

This should be interesting to see when it hits theatres. I want to see it for two reasons. One, PSH. Two, to laugh at Tom Thumb Terrific.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Default Re: Philip Seymore Hoffman steals Mission Impossible 3; Tom Cruise beaten up to cheers

I never want to see another movie that Tom Titty is the star of, unless it's a snuff film.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Default Re: Philip Seymore Hoffman steals Mission Impossible 3; Tom Cruise beaten up to cheers

^^ hehe agreed

The build up to the hype has begun I see, please how transparent.
    Very smart though, they must know we've been over-tommed, so they try to use this other guy to lure everyone to the theatre.

SVZ

Not just an actor, an oscar winning actor

speaking of oscar, i cant get over why tom cruise ever got nominated. he's never that good of an actor.

SVZ

Tom Cruise doesn't act, he started reality tv.

Too bad I won't be supporting Tom Thumb by going to see the movie. I boycotted War of the Worlds, too. The sad thing is I love PSH, too. Such a bummer but ah well.

Thread Information