Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitney Houston: She’s Broke, And on The Run

Default Whitney Houston: She’s Broke, And on The Run

A little more about what is going on with Whitney, including info on daughter:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,189581,00.html

Troubled pop superstar Whitney Houston — once a bigger seller than Madonna — is running out of cash. Insiders tell me she is literally broke, with no current income and huge expenses. Not only that: Whitney’s life is such a dismal mess that, according to sources, her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, is living with Whitney’s brother Gary and sister-in-law, Pat, close to Houston’s home in Atlanta.

Brown told friends alternately that Houston was pregnant and that they were divorcing.

It doesn’t help that this week Whitney was sold out by her sister-in- law, Tina Brown (not to be confused with the real Tina Brown, thanks). Tina’s brother is Houston’s often-arrested and imprisoned former pop star husband Bobby. Tina sold the most salacious stories she could muster to "The National Enquirer" and the "UK Sun" tabloid, along with pictures that suggest a horrifying saga of Whitney’s drug abuse. Her take could be as high as $200,000. There has been some suggestion that Brown, needing cash, put her up to it.

“There are 30 members of the Brown family,” says an insider, “and they’ve all sponged off of Whitney.”

That’s the problem. Generous to a fault, Houston has now managed to spend most of her earnings taking care of her own family and Brown’s. She has two main assets: a five-acre estate in posh Mendham, N.J., assessed in 2005, according to public records at $5.6 million. In 2003, she also purchased a large home in Alpharetta, Ga., a for $1.8 million, almost all of which was borrowed.

“There’s no money,” says an insider. “She’s really broke.”

Public records show Whitney has borrowed millions of dollars and taken out many staggering mortgages in her time — enough to give Michael Jackson a run for his money.

Houston’s financial problems are simple, and they were easy to predict. She is a singer, not a songwriter. Unlike Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Madonna, Houston does not write her own material. Or, to be more exact, she never attached her name to her hits and took a cut of the publishing. She has only five song credits on ASCAP’s Web site.

Houston’s next big problem is going to be with Child Protective Services in Alpharetta, Ga. Even though Bobbi Kristina lives away from home, there will no doubt be a new investigation based on the "Enquirer" story. If 50 percent of the report is deemed true, Houston and Brown could easily lose their daughter for good. One wonders if that will be enough of a wake up call for the singer who once represented the best of America’s youth.
    *edited for length

I never was a fan of her music, she married an idiot, and she has made some terrible choices, but part of me feels sorry for her because she seems so used by the people around her. I hope the duaghter finds herself out of that mess.

Default Re: Whitney: She’s Broke, And on The Run

I don't have sympathy for her, either. If the reports are true, she was doing drugs before BB.
    As far as people sponging off her-say no.
    She could have gotten clean looonnnggg ago. If your child having to live away from you due to your problems isn't enough to make you get straight, nothing ever will.
    No sympathy at all.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Seriously, mushy. I feel like a very well-adjusted, happy person with great kids and good life when I read this. But I do feel sorry for her...nothing like being a complete and utter mess, then have it all exposed in intimate detail by a family member. Betrayal sucks.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Wow the second season on Being Bobby Brown sounds like its gonna be a winner

Wow. Very sad. But really who didn't see this one coming. And I thought Whitney said "Crack is Whack"?? Oh well, hopefully Bobbi Kristina won't follow her parents down the wrong path.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

I suppose I can muster some human compassion here, but at the same time, she had a gift that all of us never had, and she squandered it. Several gifts, actually - her amazing voice, her tall perfect model body, a beautiful face, a bubbly personality, all gone now, due to her own choices. She had everything you would need to become a superstar, and she threw it away.

I realize that addicts don't think like normal people, so their horrid behavior as parents is, um, er, understandable in that context, but she made her drug-related choices before she was actually addicted.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Default Re: Whitney Houston: She’s Broke, And on The Run

I'm just glad to know that the daughter is out of the house.

Crack is whack, y'all!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I really didn't know that she was a druggie before Bobby. Does anyone remember who, if anyone, she dated before him? My memory is fuzzy, after her initial debut stuff, I went into a young motherhood and was so busy with babies, I sort of never watched tv or listened to radio, so there is a black hole there for me.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

"Crack is cheap. I make too much for me to ever smoke crack. Let's get that straight, OK? I don't do crack. I don't do that. Crack is whack."

^^^

love all the cancelled dates

omfg that's going in my blog.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That's a shame. I feel bad for her losing her money like she did, but oh, well. She made the choices she made, and now she's gonna have to deal with the consequences. I'm just glad that little girl isn't under their care any more. Whenever I watched that show, I got the heebie jeebies thinking about what's really goin' down in that household. *shudder*

So should we start taking bets on when Whitney's gonna overdose? I say it'll happen sometime this June, possibly July. I don't think she'll die, though.

Can somebody please give Alice a positive rep for that priceless poster? Thanks, you're a peach...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Whitney Houston: She’s Broke, And on The Run

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    omfg that's going in my blog.
    whats your blog address?!

http://grimmlok.livejournal.com/

You'll see ive shared the sparkly burqas with people

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information