Thread: Actresses and popstars desperate to play Janis Joplin in new biopic

Default Actresses and popstars desperate to play Janis Joplin in new biopic

Hollywood stars including PINK, LINDSAY LOHAN, ZOOEY DESCHANEL, SCARLETT JOHANSSON and BRITNEY SPEARS are battling it out to see who will land the coveted role of JANIS JOPLIN in a new biopic.

Director PENELOPE SPHEERIS has already met with Pink, Lohan and Deschanel and still wants to speak with Johansson.

The film, titled THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JANIS, will chronicle the life of the 1960s blues singer, who was known for her outrageous performances.

Spheeris says, "(Pink) would be my first choice, but she may have scheduling conflicts."

Pink's rep confirms, "She would do just about anything to be part of that project!"

Regarding Spears, Spheeris says, "Her agent asked if I could meet with her. Music ability is important, but most of all, the actress must have the spirit of Janis.

"Each of the actresses who has expressed interest in the role (would) bring her own special talents to the part."

The film would start shooting in September (06) and would go head-to-head with another movie on Joplin, PIECES OF MY HEART, starring RENEE ZELLWEGER.
    contactmusic.com

Default Re: Actresses and popstars desperate to play Janis Joplin in new biopic

Out of all those choices, I would have to say Pink would be the best, even though I hate cross overs (sing to act). But the rest of the choices are bad. Zooey is a good actress but I don't know how good she could do with the concert scene and stuff like that. But I think Scarlett Johansson could actually play her pretty good.

As much as I like Scarlett, I think she'd be a bad choice. Pink would probably do just fine. Britney.... NO WAY.

BRITNEY SPEARS? Is she high or something??? That's actually laughable!!

^^^^^^^^^ I agreeeeeeeee!! None of these gals can attempt to recreate Janis. Bette Midler did a fine job in The Rose. I can't see anyone getting close to that portrayal. Joplin's homeliness/style played a large role in how interesting this entertainer was. Hollyood has become so engulfed in beauty at any cost I can't think of one actress that can give us that "LOOK" of Janis Joplin.

Hmmmmm maybe they need an actor to play the part. Oh maybe Melissa Ethridge??? HUH?? shes's still tooo pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD
    BRITNEY SPEARS? Is she high or something??? That's actually laughable!!
    Britney has Janis' bad skin. That's where the similarity abruptly ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman
    ^^^^^^^^^ I agreeeeeeeee!! None of these gals can attempt to recreate Janis. Bette Midler did a fine job in The Rose. I can't see anyone getting close to that portrayal. Joplin's homeliness/style played a large role in how interesting this entertainer was. Hollywood has become so engulfed in beauty at any cost I can't think of one actress that can give us that "LOOK" of Janis Joplin.

Hmmmmm maybe they need an actor to play the part. Oh maybe Melissa Ethridge??? HUH?? shes's still tooo pretty.
    I was just thinking that myself! Or Joss Stone if she can act, and the make-up guys can make her plain

Bette Midler was excellent in the Rose. it is one of my favorite movies.

Hell Sandra Bernhard or Courtney Love (clean and sober tho ) would be good too...
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

the first person who came to my mind was Joss Stone! I love her! She's got the voice and the vibe, but can she act?

I think you are right, Frank. some unknown person who can sing would be best. don't insult Janis with some Hollywood type! she would've hated that!

SVZ

janice isn't dead yet, she's doing cameos on corner station or whatever it's called

Thread Information