Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Hayes Didn't Quit South Park

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Isaac Hayes Didn't Quit South Park

The Scientology people did it for him because he'd had a stroke. Of course, I'm sure they're too busy ridding him of his Thetans or whatever via Emeter and trying to cure his stroke with the Purif regiment and vitamins to deny this story.

By Roger Friedman

Isaac Hayes' Quitting Controversy

Isaac Hayes did not quit "South Park." My sources say that someone quit it for him.

I can tell you that Hayes is in no position to have quit anything. Contrary to news reports, the great writer, singer and musician suffered a stroke on Jan. 17. At the time it was said that he was hospitalized and suffering from exhaustion.

It’s also absolutely ridiculous to think that Hayes, who loved playing Chef on "South Park," would suddenly turn against the show because they were poking fun at Scientology.

Last November, when the “Trapped in a Closet” episode of the comedy aired, I saw Hayes and spent time with him in Memphis for the annual Blues Ball.

If he hated the show so much, I doubt he would have performed his trademark hit song from the show, “Chocolate Salty Balls.” He tossed the song into the middle of one of his less salacious hits and got the whole audience in the Memphis Pyramid to sing along.

I can tell you, Hayes was very pleased with himself, was in a great mood and, as always, loved his fans' coming up to him and asking him about Chef.

As recently as early January, before his stroke, Hayes defended the "South Park" creators in an interview with “The AV Club,” the serious side of the satirical newspaper, The Onion.

AV Club: They did just do an episode that made fun of your religion, Scientology. Did that bother you?

Hayes: Well, I talked to Matt [Stone] and Trey [Parker] about that. They didn't let me know until it was done. I said, 'Guys, you have it all wrong. We're not like that. I know that's your thing, but get your information correct, because somebody might believe that [expletive], you know?' But I understand what they're doing. I told them to take a couple of Scientology courses and understand what we do. [Laughs.]

The truth is, Hayes has a sly sense of humor and loves everything about "South Park." It’s provided him a much-needed income stream since losing the royalties to the many hits he’s written, such as “Shaft” and “Soul Man,” in the mid-1970s.

Even though he’s one of America’s most prolific hit writers, Hayes has been denied access to profits from his own material for almost 30 years.

But it’s hard to know anything since Hayes, like Katie Holmes, is constantly monitored by a Scientologist representative most of the time. Luckily, at the Blues Ball he was on his own, partying just with family and friends. He was very excited about having gotten married and about the impending birth of a new child.

Friends in Memphis tell me that Hayes did not issue any statements on his own about South Park. They are mystified.

“Isaac’s been concentrating on his recuperation for the last two and a half, three months,” a close friend told me.

Hayes did not suffer paralysis, but the mild stroke may have affected his speech and his memory. He’s been having home therapy since it happened.

That certainly begs the question of who issued the statement that Hayes was quitting "South Park" now because it mocked Scientology four months ago. If it wasn’t Hayes, then who would have done such a thing?
    http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...188463,00.html

Default Re: Isaac Hayes Didn't Quit South Park

Either way, it sucks. Stupid Scientologists! I was watching the marathon last night and tried to think of anyone else that could be Chef and came up with no one.

Thank goodness, we need Chef dearly.
    Last edited by FierceKiten; March 20th, 2006 at 02:12 PM.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    Either way, it sucks. Stupid Scientologists! I was watching the marathon last night and tried to think of anyone else that could be Chef and came up with no one.
    Me, too! They originally wanted Lou Rawls or some other recognizable black male voice. James Earl Jones? Or what about Snoop Dog?? If they go with Snoop Dog, they'd have to come up with a whole new character! I'd LOVE to know what Matt&Trey would do with him!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    Well....hopefully vitamins will help thin his blood.
    GOOD POINT! How do those fruitcakes feel about traditional medicine?? Is that also bad (mmm k?)?

Sorry...being glib.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    Me, too! They originally wanted Lou Rawls or some other recognizable black male voice. James Earl Jones? Or what about Snoop Dog?? If they go with Snoop Dog, they'd have to come up with a whole new character! I'd LOVE to know what Matt&Trey would do with him!
    Snoop Dogg would be better as Towelie's African-American brother..."wanna get high?"

^^ Haha!!

Silver Member

Those darn Scientolgist people... Poor Katie...

I love chef and I hope he comes back. Shame on those sciencewacktolgoists for issuing that bogus statement.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Of course he quit because of his religion. He said as much in his press release.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I am cracking UP. I am watching a new South Park right now, and Chef has gone away & come back, and now he's speaking in obviously cut clips from other shows. They're piecing together sentences & you can tell. The adults are telling all the kids that Chef is a pedophile. Has this been since he's left or not left or WHATEVER?

ETA: OK, it's completely making fun of scientology, and they're using pedophilia as a sort of metaphor. They're calling it "the super adventure club" or close to that. Matt & Trey are my heroes.

ETA: I can't believe I'm sitting here watching this alone. The children tried to save Chef from the Super Adventure Club compound, and the safari-garb-clad leader enticed him back. Chef fell off a cliff & was mauled by wild animals. He's totally dead. The leader says, "Pity. He would have made an excellent child molester." Now everyone is at the funeral. Where IS everyone?
    Last edited by Lobelia; March 23rd, 2006 at 12:28 AM.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Haha., Im watching it Lobes, every time he tries to talk, he says something nasty too.
    Is this their way of getting back at Issac, but he's playing along as well?

I don't think Chef was playing along, girl. I think they used clips of him from former shows, and then KILLED HIS ASS!

ETA: Re: his saying something nasty, yep, he kept looking at the "children" and singing I WANNA MAKE LOVE *glip* TO YA *glip* CHILDREN
    Last edited by Lobelia; March 23rd, 2006 at 01:31 AM.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Whoa! I gotta see this! Surely they're gonna run it again tonight and a couple more times over the weekend.

Isaac Hayes=HYPOCRITE
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I know MrsDark, but TacoCruise is up to this.

Peep this, paramount is own by Viacom which also owns Comedy Central, which produced MI:3. Tom threatened to boycott the movie if they aired the "Trapped in the Closet" episode. So It was suppose to air last week but got yank at the last minute. So if they couldnt touch taco, now they went for Chef, super hypocrite, yet he stuck around for the check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information