Thread: Game Show Host Dies in Plane Crash

Unhappy Game Show Host Dies in Plane Crash

March 13, 2006

ET breaks the news that TV game show host PETER TOMARKEN was killed in a plane crash Monday morning when his Beechcraft airplane, en route from Santa Monica to San Diego, crashed into the ocean about a half-mile south of the Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles. The aircraft had just left Santa Monica Municipal Airport when the pilot reported engine trouble after being in the air for about two minutes, then banked around to head back before it plummeted into the sea, according to MIKE FERGUS of the Federal Aviation Administration. The 63-year-old Tomarken worked as an actor but was perhaps best known for hosting a popular game show in the '80s called "Press Your Luck." He also hosted such shows as "Hitman" and "Bargain Hunters."
    I LOVED Press Your Luck.

RIP Peter.

etonline.com
    Go Habs Go!!

Default Re: Game Show Host Dies in Plane Crash

RIP Peter...Press Your Luck was the show...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Wasn't that the show with the Whammy? I loved that show!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Sad...I love my old game shows. Sometimes if I am really bored or hungover I will watch the Game Show Network. I love stuff from when I was a toddler and feel superior when Charles Nelson Riley and I have different answers on the Match Game. I also love old Newlywed shows....always talking about "making whoopy" What is so diffrerent is how they let people with bad teeth on network television back then. I don't mean not perfectly straight and white-I mean missing and brown. I really didn't want to hear how much whoopy they were making.

Match Game rocked. Couldn't stand the Newlywed Game, though. Talk about your lame prizes!

Gotta love the 70's ... hideous clothes, hideous hair ... extremely unattractive decade.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc
    Match Game rocked. Couldn't stand the Newlywed Game, though. Talk about your lame prizes!

Gotta love the 70's ... hideous clothes, hideous hair ... extremely unattractive decade.
    I love the 100,000 Dollar Pyramid when the "7-11" prize is a VCR. LOL. I guess that was back when they were relatively expensive. They used to be 1000 dollars and there were hardly any movies available. My sister and I watched "Love Story" over and over again. No wonder I hate Ryan O'Neal.

I remember the $20,000 pyramid. Great show. I remember Press Your Luck, too. That was fun. I'm not huge on game shows, but I remember everyone yelling NO WHAMMIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    I remember the $20,000 pyramid. Great show. I remember Press Your Luck, too. That was fun. I'm not huge on game shows, but I remember everyone yelling NO WHAMMIES!
    It used to be 20k? These days people would think they had LOST if they won only 20,000!

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7
    RIP Peter...Press Your Luck was the show...
    Oh dear, I guess he lucked out then. RIP
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Default Re: Game Show Host Dies in Plane Crash-updated

ENGINE ROD MAY BE TO BLAME IN PLANE CRASH

A report by the National Transportation Safety Board indicates that a faulty engine rod may have contributed to the plane crash of TV game show host PETER TOMARKEN and his wife KATHLEEN. Investigators found a troublesome hole about eight inches across and six inches wide in the wreckage of the six-seater plane, according to the NTSB's report on March 15. The couple were killed March 13 when Tomarken's Beechcraft, en route from Santa Monica to San Diego, crashed into the ocean about a half-mile south of the Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles. The aircraft had just left Santa Monica Municipal Airport when the pilot reported engine trouble after being in the air for about two minutes, then banked around to head back before it plummeted into the sea, according to MIKE FERGUS of the Federal Aviation Administration. The 63-year-old Tomarken worked as an actor but was perhaps best known for hosting a popular game show in the '80s called "Press Your Luck." He also hosted such shows as "Hitman" and "Bargain Hunters."
    etonline.com
    Go Habs Go!!

They had a Press Your Luck marathon on GSN yesterday. I watched three episodes and had to change the channel ... you can only listen to these people scream BIG BUCKS for so long and then it becomes really annoying.

Thread Information