Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was George Clooney the reason Teri Hatcher went public with sex abuse?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Was George Clooney the reason Teri Hatcher went public with sex abuse?

10, 2006 -- WAS George Clooney's caddish behavior the reason Teri Hatcher went public with her shocking sex-abuse revelations?
    The Vanity Fair cover story on the "Desperate Housewives" diva says Hatcher's jaw-dropping disclosure to the magazine - that she was sexually molested by her uncle as a child - was triggered by a recent romantic debacle with a Hollywood hunk referred to in the article only as "Mystery Man."

Four years ago, after learning that a teenager with a similar complaint against her uncle had killed herself, Hatcher feared he would escape prosecution and went to cops with her story. That prompted him to plead guilty. But Hatcher never had to testify in court, and her abuse remained secret until she revealed it to Vanity Fair.

The magazine reports the unidentified star who bedded and dumped Hatcher left her so emotionally shattered that she could no longer keep from talking about her evil uncle.

"Mystery Man" was none other than Clooney, a well-placed source tells Page Six. He dated Hatcher briefly beginning in January, when we first reported they'd gotten cozy, but he dropped her soon after.

"The debacle with Mystery Man . . . made the parallels between her romantic failures and the legacy of her sexual abuse seem too obvious to ignore," Vanity Fair's Leslie Bennetts writes.

Clooney's rep, Stan Rosenfeld, says, "I doubt Teri Hatcher is your source, and unless she is, you're full of [bleep]. I doubt very seriously that your source is credible." As for Clooney and Hatcher's relationship, "I don't ask George about his private life," Rosenfeld sniffs.

Bennetts wrote: "After an elaborate courtship, Hatcher opened her heart to a handsome guy who convinced her that she was entering a magical new relationship, only to have him disappear as soon as she'd let down her guard. He charmed, he conquered, he said, 'I'll call you,' and - poof - he was gone."

Being "seduced and abandoned by a world-class Don Juan" left Hatcher "emotionally flayed, stripped of every protective covering until she [was] nothing but exposed nerve endings," Bennetts writes.

"She is so emotionally bereft, so overwhelmed with grief, that it can hurt just trying to watch her cope with it."

"I have so much pain," Hatcher told VF. "I'm a woman who carries around all these layers of fear and vulnerability . . . Oh, my God, can you believe what a mess I am?"

nypost.com
    I like her for some reason but I wish celebs in general would try to be a bit more descreet about thier personal lives. Of course, that would be boring for us here at GR but still...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Silver Member

Default Re: George Clooney seduced, dumped Teri Hatcher?

Well, if it is Clooney, it doesn't surprise me he would act like that. That is exactly how I always thought he would behave.

Default Re: Was George Clooney the reason Teri Hatcher went public with sex abuse?

You know,usually I take the woman's side, as I've been burned by a few cads myself. But I tend to be a bit skeptical here. What is Georgie-poo's side? And what did Teri Hatcher expect if she hopped into bed with him on the first date, so to speak? Is George Clooney supposed to be responsible for all Teri Hatcher's emotional turmoil just because he went out with her a time or two and decided she wasn't his cup of tea? Come on, there are two sides to every story!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: Was George Clooney the reason Teri Hatcher went public with sex abuse?

And what did Teri Hatcher expect if she hopped into bed with him on the first date, so to speak?
    Uh, exactly Ediebrooks! Something tells me she made that leap from dinner table to bedroom a little too fast and that's what torpedoed the relationship. Why on earth would do you that with George considering he has a love 'em and leave 'em reputation, has for years, unless you have serious self loathing masochistic tendencies. I have nothing against Teri but her expectations of the relationship were all out of line.

A*O

Teri Hatcher = Desperate
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

My thoughts exactly Gator. Everyone in the free world knows George isn't going to settle down. He says it over and over. Did she really think she'd be the one to change him?

I REALLY think George Clooney is the modern day Rock Hudson. I think he likes to date/be seen with beautiful Hollywood actresses, sleep with them once or twice (so they "know" he's not gay), and then drop them like a sack of shit because he's just doing it to ensure that his reputation as a "ladies man" doesn't fade out... He has no intentions to settle down because he's not sexually attracted to woman (he just uses them to boost his rep) and he would never publically embrace his homosexuality by settling down with a man. I would not be surprised at all if after he dies it's revealed that he was a flaming homosexual.

^^ Ditto that. And I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Damon were in the mix somewhere with him.

Elite Member

Who cares why she went public. The more pressing question is why would anyone tell the "public" via a magazine something so personal. She has issues.

He seems to have had a few long term relationships...........Lisa Snowden 5 years.........Krista Allen 2 years..............Talis Balsam married for 4 years.................celine balitran 3 years.................Lived with Kelly preston for about 5 years ............
    Time for analysis...............
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000123/b...hread/38043746
    Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by asha22
    Lived with Kelly preston for about 5 years ............
    Time for analysis...............
    What, you mean Mrs John "I Am Not Gay, Scientology Cured Me" Travolta???
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    What, you mean Mrs John "I Am Not Gay, Scientology Cured Me" Travolta???
    Yes. Shes the one who bought him the pig!! It was in the 1980s.
    From the imdb....'Shared an L.A. home with Kelly Preston when both were struggling actors. It was Preston who presented him with Max the pig.'
    Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Is this the piggy?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

SVZ

AGH ugly george clooney!

Sad, that the REAL reason she did this was to get the attention of a man that just isn't that into her!! Not, because it was the right thing to do, or because she was trying to 'help' people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information