Thread: Uma Thurman dumps Hotelier boyfriend

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Uma Thurman dumps Hotelier boyfriend

March 8, 2006 -- IT'S splitsville for Uma Thurman and hotelier Andre Balazs, Page Six can reveal.
    The rumblings about their breakup built into a roar after the glamorous "Kill Bill" star showed up solo at the Oscars - but insiders say the bloom was off the rose weeks ago.

"They recently got into a huge fight and Uma dumped him," says one in-the-know source. "Uma had decided he was not the kind of man she would marry and was looking for a way out."

Another source adds: "She stayed at the Peninsula during the Oscars - and I don't think it was because she couldn't get a room at the Chateau Marmont," the storied hotel that Balazs owns on the Sunset Strip.

Thurman's publicist Robert Garlock, who accompanied her to the Vanity Fair Oscar party in Beverly Hills, gave us this statement from his newly single client:

"Unfortunately, it is true. But we remain close friends."

Balazs' A-list properties include the Mercer Hotel in New York and the Chateau Marmont and the Standard in L.A. He was formerly married to Katie Ford, CEO of Ford Models.

Ford and Balazs were very cordial last year at the Sweet 16 party for their daughter, Alessandra, at Indochine attended by the likes of Oliver Platt, Jay McInerney and auto heiress Anne Ford (no relation).

The stunning Thurman, who split from husband Ethan Hawke in 2004 after he cheated on her with a Canadian waitress, said last year that she was smitten with the hotel honcho and confessed that she would find it hard if she wasn't in a relationship.

"I'm with a wonderful man who's been there for me - that's something very unusual for me," she gushed of Balazs in an interview last year. "I'm very happy. I couldn't live without any of my essential organs."

Thurman said at the time that she keeps a civil relationship with Ethan for the sake of their two children, daughter Maya, 7, and 4-year-old son Roan.

One insider said Balazs and Thurman were "taking a break" and might end up back together. "They are very good friends. There's no rancor," said the source, who speculated the relationship deteriorated because "it was too much, too soon and they were both on the rebound."

nypost.com
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: Uma Thurman dumps Hotelier boyfriend

I like Uma. I hope she finds happiness with the right guy eventually.

in their recent kissing pix, she looked pissed off while she is kissing?!?! not sire if they really dumped him but wont be surprised.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I kind of like her, too. She seems pretty well-grounded.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Uma Thurman and Boyfriend Split

It's over for Uma Thurman and hotelier Andre Balazs, according to a statement issued by the Kill Bill actress.

Speculation about the couple's breakup began at the Oscars, when Thurman turned up at the ceremony alone. The news was confirmed in a statement to the New York Post from Thurman's publicist Robert Garlock, who accompanied the star to an Oscar party.

"Unfortunately, it is true," the statement read. "But we remain close friends."

It's an about-face from Thurman's recent statements about her relationship with Balazs, who owns such properties as New York's Mercer Hotel and the Chateau Marmont and the Standard in Los Angeles.

In the February issue of InStyle magazine, Thurman said, "Everyone constantly taunts you that rebound relationships aren't a good idea and that they don't work. But mine is working, surprisingly."

Thurman, who most recently appeared in The Producers, praised Balazs, but also took a shot at ex-husband Ethan Hawke, with whom she split in 2004 following his much-publicized affair.

"It's lovely to have a man in my life who's cute, intelligent, interesting and complicated, and very supportive," she said.

Thurman says she and Hawke, who have two children, remain cordial.
    People Magazine
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/snoopac/fyou.gif What I feel like doing at work every day.

"I couldn't live without any of my essential organs"??? What the heck does that mean??

I must say I admire her taste in her first husband, but I can't say the same for the second one.

Poor Beatrix...I hope she finds happiness. I like Uma.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Errr.. is it only me or do I not find her attractive nor a good actress?

I'm actually surprised her relationship with Andre has lasted this long, considering they started dating not too long after she & Ethan split.
    Go Habs Go!!

SVZ

wow that's fast

i am in shock! where have i been?! i have just found out today that's been married to gary oldman!

... back to the split! i believe this pictures speaks for itself
    Last edited by PurpleHaze; March 9th, 2006 at 02:54 AM.

SVZ

man talk about a cold fish

I've always wanted to dump a hotelier.

They were cracking up in those kissing pics... she wasn't really being cold to him. It was like when you have a silly tiff with someone and pretend to be mad... you can barely keep a straight face.

Bronze Member

Anyone else hear he might be gay? Not that anyone would care but that would be a rough type of break up for Uma.

Thread Information