Thread: George Clooney plays down friendship with Brad Pitt

Default George Clooney plays down friendship with Brad Pitt

Hollywood star GEORGE CLOONEY has played down his friendship with his OCEAN'S TWELVE co-star BRAD PITT, insisting "he's one of my showbiz friends".

While Clooney admits they have a great working relationship and enjoy spending time together, they're not as close as the media suggests.

The actor says, "It's not like we call each other every day. We're 'showbiz friends', we're not like, 'friends, friends'. It's not like we go backpacking together."

Clooney has recently laughed off reports Pitt would marry ANGELINA JOLIE at his home on Lake Como, Italy, insisting that while they're not that close, the glamorous couple are welcome to visit anytime they want.

He adds, "They're in Europe at the moment. All the tabloids had that he was coming to my house to get my married. It's hard. I think if you look at a magazine in the past three months, there's not one that doesn't have them on the front cover.
    contactmusic.com

Default Re: George Clooney plays down friendship with Brad Pitt

Not that you have to call someone each day to be real "friends, friends"

Did you see Clooney's lookalike who lives in Como too? He's almost convincing, but there is only one George
    Nope.

I'm less and less of a fan of George these days. Even if you aren't as close as the media would suggest, why call attention to it? It just makes him look like an arse. Killjoy, you make some good points!

Default George Clooney plays down friendship with Brad Pitt

George Clooney has played down his friendship with his Ocean's Twelve co-star Brad Pitt, insisting "he's one of my showbiz friends." While Clooney admits they have a great working relationship and enjoy spending time together, they're not as close as the media suggests. The actor says, "It's not like we call each other every day. We're 'showbiz friends', we're not like, 'friends, friends.' It's not like we go backpacking together."
    Clooney has recently laughed off reports Pitt would marry Angelina Jolie at his home on Lake Como, Italy, insisting that while they're not that close, the glamorous couple are welcome to visit anytime they want. He adds, "They're in Europe at the moment. All the tabloids had that he was coming to my house to get my married. It's hard. I think if you look at a magazine in the past three months, there's not one that doesn't have them on the front cover.
    starpulse

Default Re: George Clooney and Brad pitt are "showbiz friends" not best friends

I think this was posted a few days ago or so. I'm less and less a fan of George. He seems to be a bit too into his hollywood image. Whether Brad is your "show biz friend" or your "friend friend," why would you say something like this? Maybe he's trying to distance himself from the whole ordeal but he just comes off looking like an ass. Didn't he refer to AJ and BP as his "friends" a month or two ago when talking about their relationship?

Whoops.. thanks Bellatheball.

Well, you can't trust George... he's a jokester and a prankster and he makes things up for the fun of it. He could just be trying to throw the press off the scent of the Brad/Angelina wedding that may take place at his villa.

And yes, he did recently refer to them as his friends. Well, Brad anyway. And said they they joked about having a fake wedding at his villa to mess with the paparazzi.

Bronze Member

I've seen them in interviews together, and I don't believe for one minute they're just "showbiz friends". They had way too much fun and got along too well to just barely know each other.

Thread Information