Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Farrah Fawcett blames Ryan O'Neal for her son's drug problems

SVZ

Default Farrah Fawcett blames Ryan O'Neal for her son's drug problems

The renewed friendship between former lovers RYAN O'NEAL and FARRAH FAWCETT has hit a sour note - she's blaming him for their son's drug problems.

The CHARLIE'S ANGELS star has gone public with her feelings in an interview with US tabloid National Enquirer, in which she claims O'Neal is responsible for allowing their son REDMOND to spiral out of control.

Fawcett admits she fears the worst for her son, who, she claims, has been using drugs since he was 13.

As Redmond continues to battle his drug problems in his early 20s, his mother says, "It's still going on and I guess it will be until Redmond quits, dies or is jailed."

Fawcett tells the Enquirer she lives in fear of receiving a phone call telling her that her son is dead - and she blames her years of hell on her ex.

She fumes, "The reason we're not together is over our different views on parenting... For Redmond, living with his dad was like being at Disneyland.

"I won't say Ryan has turned a blind eye to what Redmond has been doing, and I don't know if they have taken drugs together."

Fawcett insists she has always been the disciplinarian, and was dubbed "Hitler" by her ex when she admonished O'Neal for introducing their son to marijuana when he was a teenager.

But she's most upset about an incident where O'Neal took his son out of rehab so he could court a heroin addict girlfriend.

She explains, "Ryan took him out of Betty Ford after Redmond wanted to leave because he met a girl there. The girl was a heroin addict. She was the one who introduced him to the stuff."

Elite Member

Default Re: Farrah Fawcett blames Ryan O'Neal for her son' drug problems

I believe her to a point. All of Ryan's kids are screwed up big time so it only makes sense Redmond is no different. However, Farrah is the mother and could have done the responsible thing and left Ryan long before she did if she felt this strongly. Pardon the pun, but she's no angel. Responsibility to your kids always overrides responsibility to your spouse!!! She deserves some of the heat!

Uh, that and nobody is twisting the kids arm to be a junkie. That's his call.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Uh, that and nobody is twisting the kids arm to be a junkie. That's his call.
    True enough. People can fuck you up really badly but YOU are the one who makes the decision to do the drugs.

Thread Information