Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thandie Newton wants her curves back

Default Thandie Newton wants her curves back

Stunning actress THANDIE NEWTON is desperate to put some weight on, after losing her curves while breast-feeding.

The CRASH star, 33, gave birth to her second child NICO in December 2004 and is keen to restore her fuller figure.

Newton says, "I've just stopped breast-feeding my one-year-old son Nico, because I was just getting way too skinny. I really need to bulk up - I can't bear to be so thin."
    contactmusic.com

A*O

Default Re: Thandie Newton wants her curves back

Oh boo fucking hoo. So eat something already.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

It's hard to believe she could even produce milk being so thin.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I was really shocked when I saw the recent pictures of her, I didn't think breastfeeding could make you lose that much weight.
    Last edited by Tenaj; February 17th, 2006 at 07:07 AM.

It doesn't. It made me gain some weight back because I couldn't make enough milk if I only ate when I was hungry! I'd be standing in the kitchen in the middle of the night making myself eat a bowl of cereal or an extra sandwich. So she's full of shit. Even the women I know who did nothing but lost were not able to lose past a certain point until they stopped because your body is not going to let you.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'd be standing in the kitchen in the middle of the night making myself eat a bowl of cereal or an extra sandwich

I want to breastfeed but that vision makes me laugh, boyf would be waking up thinking where's Tenaj, and I'll be in the kitchen gorging on food muttering "need more milk damn it, must make more milk!"

It is funny now that I think about it. But at the time, it was hell! I felt like I was having to choose between being fat and doing right by my baby or getting my body back quicker at his expense!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I lost all the baby weight and then some when nursing. I produced plenty of milk, but I was rather bony considering I have an hourglass figure. I put back about 15 pounds when I stopped nursing, but that put me back to normal.

It wasn't from lack of eating. I just seemed to put out way more calories than I could keep up with all the time.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moocow
    I lost all the baby weight and then some when nursing. I produced plenty of milk, but I was rather bony considering I have an hourglass figure. I put back about 15 pounds when I stopped nursing, but that put me back to normal.

It wasn't from lack of eating. I just seemed to put out way more calories than I could keep up with all the time.
    Same here. Stopping nursing made my usual figure return quick enough but damn, I couldn't eat enough food to keep up with the milk production.

I didn't breastfeed but my sister did and a girl in the other office is-neither of them dropped a dramatic amount of weight. I can't outright call her a liar, but I have a hard time believing her.
    She is a bone and she looks quite bad. If she has a problem, she should just get some help and not worry about making exscuses. I'm sure her family and those around her would rather see some results instead of more exscuses...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Everyones different with the bf-ing thing... I gained WAY too much weight with my girl, and I was depending on bf-ing to be the magic bullet like it had been for a friend of mine...boy was I wrong!!!!! It actually kept weight on me. I had a hard time producing milk/supply issues too so maybe thats why I didn't lose any weight at all from it.

I'll admit, have seen women become too thin from bf-ing. Not as emaciated looking as Thandie though, thats for sure. She's probably partially using nursing as an excuse or a "beard" if you will, for some anorexia issues.

when i breastfed my daughter i went straight down to 94 lb. i ate like a horse but it didn't help and i looked quite haggard and tired at this time. i found it extremely annoying that everyone had to say something about it and told me to eat etc.
    after i stopped nursing i had no problem to gain back the weight and even some more *sigh*

I lost weight while I nursed, but I regained it as soon as I weaned my son. Now I can't seem to lose the darn weight now.

Silver Member

I have no babies, and do not plan on to soon at the age of 21. But, can someone explain to me how is it that when you breastfeed you burn so many calories?I am curious to know the scientific explanation behind it.I know I sound stupid...But,I do not know a lot about breastfeeding and health issues about nursing mothers.

SVZ

milk is very calorie dense, even cows milk is something like 100-250 calories per cup. all that energy has to come from somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information