Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The lunacy of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, "Brangelina"

Talking The lunacy of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, "Brangelina"

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- The celebrity phenomenon dubbed "Brangelina" has triggered a media fever surrounding Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie that some observers say has reached the point of insanity -- far overshadowing the hoopla that attended such couples as "Bennifer" and "TomKat."

The terse confirmation last month that Jolie was pregnant by her co-star Pitt was proof to the media of a love affair that neither star has publicly acknowledged.

Depending on which TV show you listen to or which celebrity magazine or gossip column you read, Jolie is expecting a girl, no! a boy, no! twins; the pair plans a Valentine's Day wedding in Malibu, or possibly at George Clooney's Italian villa, unless they have already married in a secret Buddhist ceremony.

They are also reported to have hired British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver to do the catering, Madonna's husband Guy Ritchie to be best man and have commissioned an Italian jeweler to come up with the ring.

Or does the sultry Oscar-winning actress (or possibly Pitt) have cold feet about tying the knot -- whoever said marriage was imminent anyway? -- and is Brad's ex-wife Jennifer Aniston devastated or happily moving on?

Jolie, twice married, and Pitt, whose divorce last year from popular "Friends" star Aniston has spiced up the story, have remained tight-lipped, merely fueling the speculation.

Publicist: 'We are not talking about it'

"We are not talking about it. We don't want any more stories. We just want people to leave them alone," Pitt's publicist Cindy Guagenti told Reuters.

Guagenti said there was no truth to the rumor about an imminent Italian wedding, adding cryptically. "They are not getting married. I don't want a story about they're not getting married. I think you guys should just drop the whole thing."

Some hope. There's even a Brangelina.net Web site.

"There has always been a certain fascination with celebrity but with today's proliferation of outlets that seem to be competing for the same photos and stories, it has reached a point that seems completely insane," said PR consultant Ken Sunshine, whose clients include several celebrities.

Even Time magazine has acknowledged the deafening noise, carrying a darkly satirical cartoon last week that featured the Jolie pregnancy news and wedding rumors as new methods of torture for prisoners of war.

Robert Thompson, director of the Center for the Study of Popular Television, said the coupling of A-list stars like Pitt and Jolie -- or in years gone by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton -- was "a paparazzi's dream come true."

"As silly as it sounds, this new tendency to make up single names for two people -- like 'Bennifer' (Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez) and 'TomKat' (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes) -- is an insightful idea. 'Brangelina' has more cultural equity than their two star parts," he said.

"You get interested in this whether you want to or not. It's by osmosis," Thompson said.

Sunshine said Jolie and Pitt "seem to be dealing with this insanity as well as anyone could" although he regretted the media obsession with their personal lives rather than Jolie's work as a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. refugee agency.

Even if the pair switched tactics and were more open with the media, Sunshine doubted they would be left in peace.

"It never happens. If it were that simple my job would be a lot easier. They (the paparazzi) don't want the truth. They want something lurid or beyond normal imagination.

"Most celebrities work hard, they have families and want to spend time with their kids. It isn't that exciting," Sunshine said.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: The lunacy of Brad Pitt and Angelina, "Brangelina"

It's all because of those crazed Aniston fans.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default he lunacy of Brad Pitt and Angelina, "Brangelina"

Bard pitt and Angelina r nice couple...I love angelina jolie very much......she's very hot & beautiful actress.

johnnysmith

Get more latest news about Angelina jolie..visit this link..dont miss it..

www.i'mastupididiotthatlovestospam.com

^^ Jeezus NO!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

a brangalunatic has just entered the building

[quote=johnnysmith;1289128]Bard pitt and Angelina r nice couple...I love angelina jolie very much......she's very hot & beautiful actress.

Plse leave this site immediately, you're obviously possessed. And plse, do not post any more spam directed websites beneath your brangelina blather. Thank you for going away
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

ok..who changed ..lol..the link to what it is now? hahahahaha!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Gold Member

Brad will leave his woman and those babies--family can't replace boredom.

Agreed. But I give it another two years before the "official break". 6 months before Brad starts to fool around, if he hasn't already when away on location.

I think Angie will go maybe another year before she comes to her senses and realizes how boring and white bread this guy is.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlieboy View Post
    I think Angie will go maybe another year before she comes to her senses and realizes how boring and white bread this guy is.
    Sooooo, true! He's got that bad-boy mystique but, really, he's just a poser.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy Burnett View Post
    Brad will leave his woman and those babies--family can't replace boredom.

Yep, and I am wondering when he will finally leave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    a brangalunatic has just entered the building
    So we ban them nowadays? Awesome!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^ not sure why they got banned. They only posted once. Maybe because of the link?

Gold Member

For the sake of the children involved, I would like the singular entity that is Brangelina to have a long and happy life together...but, to me, and maybe I'm just overly cynical, their partnership has always reeked of set-up, like the arranged marriages of Old Hollywood, which were always put together to hide the fact that someone was gay, or a pedo, or a weirdo, or merely to generate press coverage.

And while the Brangelina coupling and their ever-expanding brood of offspring certainly might take the heat off the fact that Brad has far better chemistry with George Clooney than he does with Angie, one has to remember that the media would pay Brangelina absolutely no attention whatsoever had they not gotten together the way they did, with the whole Mr. and Mrs. Smith debacle, and the accompanying Team Aniston, Team Jolie and I'll Have Your Baby, Brad t-shirts.

So, yeah, even though I hope it isn't a set-up, for the sake of the kids, I still have my doubts...that and I don't like Angelina at the best of times!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information