Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Your worst restaurant experiences

hahaha i love this thread, my co-worker just asked me why i'm laughing like an idiot.
    i can't remember what the worst experience i've ever had was, but just last week i went to lunch with a couple of friends and didn't tip because service was unimaginably bad. we waited half an hour before they even took our order, then brought my friends two cokes in cans, with two glasses, no ice or anything, just dumped the cans on the table. and this wasn't a fast food joint either. then they took half an hour to bring us our order, and fucked up half of it, and then acted like total bitches when we told them the orders were wrong. and then when we paid the bill and didn't tip, the bitch waitress comes up to us and tells us we HAVE to leave at least 15% tip, and i told her that tips aren't mandatory, and that i pretty much always tip about 20% but in this case we didn't tip for a reason, and that reason is that she's not doing her job.
    Brookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ha! Good for you. "Have to tip" my ass.

yeah, that really pisses me off. and i pretty much always tip, because i know it's a really demanding job, but for fuck's sake don't demand a tip and act like you're owed one, especially after consistently being a rude asshole.
    oh yeah, that reminds me, a couple of weeks ago my co-worker ordered lunch from some local deli, the delivery guy shows up, my co-worker hands him a couple of dollars tip (on an order that was something like 7-8 bucks total) and the guy refuses to hand over the food unless my friend tips him more. my friend says to give him the food or he's calling the restaurant to complain. finally the guy handed it over but now we're never ordering from that place again because i'd be too afraid the delivery guy will spit in anything ordered to our address.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Food poisoning at a Subway's in North Carolina. Gross stuff came out of every hole in my body and I almost froze to death due to the fever. Ugh.
    Subway for me in Colorado. Back when they used to make the "Krab" subs. I don't know what the hell I was thinking ordering that. Obviously asking for it.

I've gotten food poisoning quite a few times. Most as a kid and a few landed me in the hospital. At this point my stomach is pretty iron clad, so if I end up getting sick from food it's from something pretty bad.

Never found anything gross in food though, thankfully.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I've been lucky compared to those who have experienced chronic butt leakage...

My husband took me out to a restaurant on a very busy night so we expected delays. 30 minutes after ordering, my husband receives his meal. I didn't get my meal for another 30 minutes after that. We ended up sharing our meals because we were both starving and he didn't want to start his meal without me eating as well. The food was really delicious though.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

This is a minor gripe, but I hate when the entrees come out 2 minutes after the appetizers/salad. So we end up with 4 plates of food on the table at once, and food gettin cold. Outback Steakhouse is sometimes a big offender.

I've had the getting ignored/forgotten thing happen at busy places too. That pisses me off and if it hits 45 min, I've walked out cause fuck em, I'm not paying good money to get put into a bad mood.

Bee- that bugs me too. I have even had my appetizer, a salad, come out minutes before the entree. How hard is it to bring out a salad and give me enough time to eat it before bringing out hot entrees? It's a salad, no cooking required.

I get irritated when I get one measly paper napkin during my entire visit, I like to use a few napkins especially with finger food. If I have my kids then I must have extra napkins, but I always have to ask for them. Also, I hate when I don't get my water refilled, I always put it near the end of the table so they can see it better. I shouldn't have to flag my waiter down for water.

Worst experience: getting e coli food poisoning from a restaurant burger 4 years ago. I had it for a week, never threw up, all out of the other exit and it's the worst- I won't even go into gory details.
    Last edited by DeadDwarf; December 4th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

Happened to my sister-in-law. She and a friend were eating pizza at an italian bistro. She went to take another bite of her pizza and there was a used band-aid cooked in the piece she was eating. She told the manager and the manager apologized and offered her a free pizza. She declined but her friend accepted. Gross

Taco Bell in Wrightstown, NJ. Hair in my burrito, and a live roach running around in my friend's taco salad. The manager offered us free food.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I was at a Chilis and, as I checked out the menu, a huge steak knife landed on my foot. It appeared as if some goof off had used some bubble gum to stick it underneath the table. Thankfully it didnt cut me but it still provided quite a scare. The server took it and then took forever bringing our food out. Once we finally got it, it was cold. They offered to take it to the back and heat it up, I decided to pass on that. They comped the whole meal and IIRC offered desert but no, I was done and I havent touched the place since.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Food poisoning at a Subway's in North Carolina. Gross stuff came out of every hole in my body and I almost froze to death due to the fever. Ugh.
    Subway meatball sub, NEVER AGAIN, I awoke at 1:00 a.m. to my body rejecting all things from every hole, fever and chills for the next 24 hours.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I couldn't even begin to account for all the times I've gotten bad service - waiters not taking orders, drinks/bread/appetizers arriving after thirty minutes of sitting and ten seconds before the meal shows up, food that's disgusting, not cooked, whatever. It's more the norm than the exception around here. Knock on wood, I've not had anything in my food. That I know about and I'm not going to question it too much. Well, that's not true, I did just remember that I went to throw away some Chinese food leftovers and found a rather crispy-looking fly in that. I had forgotten about that. I mean, the day before my friends and I had been eating out of it.

The food poisoing, insect and hair stories are completely awful and I feel for all of you. Usually when I've been sick on restaurant food, it's when I've been ill with something else thankfully (I guess). The one thing that really got me was the bandaids. I don't even want to know how that happens.

eta - I just had another memory. I was in the hospital when I was younger and found a hair in meatloaf. I didn't pick hospital meatloaf to eat, it was the meal that arrived and I was so sick and out of it to begin with that I couldn't even say anything, I think I was in denial it was actually there. I just quietly pushed it to the side and didn't say a word. Hopefully now I would raise hell about it or at least tell someone else who would do it for me.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah, that really pisses me off. and i pretty much always tip, because i know it's a really demanding job, but for fuck's sake don't demand a tip and act like you're owed one, especially after consistently being a rude asshole.
    oh yeah, that reminds me, a couple of weeks ago my co-worker ordered lunch from some local deli, the delivery guy shows up, my co-worker hands him a couple of dollars tip (on an order that was something like 7-8 bucks total) and the guy refuses to hand over the food unless my friend tips him more. my friend says to give him the food or he's calling the restaurant to complain. finally the guy handed it over but now we're never ordering from that place again because i'd be too afraid the delivery guy will spit in anything ordered to our address.
    I shouldn't laugh at lunch being held hostage but that is pretty funny.

i laughed too when he told me.

Found a piece of glass in my salad at Outback after I bit into it. The manager actually said, oh I think that just might be a clear rock. Um so that makes it ok??? Anywho got a $50 gift card which was gifted to someone else.

Got pretty bad food poisoning at one of my early favorite sushi joints. I was sleeping at a friends when it hit me at like 3am. Spent the rest of the night on the toilet. The place closed down about a year after that for multiple health code violations :-/

Actually got some sort of food poisoning from the reception in Vegas a few weekends ago. We were all partying when I started feeling the bubble guts. I was in the VIP suite so I used this ridiculous spaceship of a toilet. Also decided to try out the bidet functions which were magical on my burning buttonhole!
    sputnik likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information