Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Your worst restaurant experiences

A*O

Being surrounded in an NYC Italian restaurant by a group of surly waiters straight from Goodfellas central casting who wouldn't let us leave until we doubled our tip to 40%. VERY intimidating. Assholes.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

My mother ordered pancakes at a diner in NYC one time, there was a cockroach on her plate, which ended up in her mouth. We notified the waitress who came over and proceeded to smash it up on the plate while insisting, "That's just batter!". It had legs. Not batter by a long shot. Also, I had flies in my salad in Germany and a huge piece of raw steak at the bottom of a dish that was supposed to be vegetarian (pasta, garlic, olive oil), also in Germany. A wasp in some pasta in LA, dead.

I found a (I swear to God) 3 foot long blonde hair in my mushroom salad. I almost threw up at the table. The manager was extremely apologetic about it and offered me a free meal, but I just couldn't eat after finding that thing wound around all those mushrooms. Gaggggggggg!!

My sister found a dead caterpillar in her steamed broccoli. She got a free replacement meal and everyone at the table got free dessert because of it.

I had a friend who found a cigarette butt in her hamburger. When she complained, they accused her of putting it there to get free food and made her leave the restaurant.

Nothing particularly disgusting but lots of cases of rude servers, forgetful servers and servers who bang the plate in front of us and generally act like they are doing us a huge favour.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Was on vacation in Banff, Alberta in the 1980's by myself, first time I ever took myself on vacation anywhere. There was a cute, small Italian restaurant on the second floor of a building that I'd read about and wanted to try (this was early on in the trip). It was about 5pm, I wandered upstairs, got seated and was the only customer in the place. The waitstaff sat me by a window with a nice view of the town and brought me a water. The waitstaff proceeded to cluster together in a corner for conversation and yucks. A family of four comes in, they are seated next to me, and they are immediately presented with a basket of bread and a carafe of wine. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for someone to drop by the table and be curious as to what I want (about 15-20 minutes by now). Keep in mind, this is the first time I've taken myself to dinner anywhere and I'm fairly intimidated in the first place being so far from home too.

After 30 minutes of totally being ignored, I got up and walked out with the waitstaff still giggling in the corner. I told them they missed out on a hefty tip (I'm a great tipper, especially on vacation), and ended up at the KFC down the street for the rest of the trip. The place is no longer in business.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I forgot about the blonde hair on my bread at the Olive Garden and the pile of lent on bread at longhorn
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I got food poisoning earlier this year, at Maggiano's (a chain restaurant). Linguini and clams.

Want to hear the gory details?
    I peed out of my butt for a couple of hours. Then the puking came on suddenly. That shit wasn't even remotely digested. Whole noodles and all, coming up. Had I even chewed, for fuck's sake? I was at my parents' house too, not even in the comfort of my own home. I hadn't had time to get to the toilet or even think about it, so I hurled in the bathroom sink. But there was no way that stuff was going to go down the drain. So I had to scoop up handfuls and take it to the toilet to flush it. I had to do about 5 or 6 trips. It was all over shortly after the demon puking episode, but I felt like I'd been hit by a Mack truck the whole next day, had shooting pains and all. Then felt like I had a 5-day hangover after that. Good times, and you're welcome. Oh and Maggiano's sent me a $50 gift card, but for some reason I haven't made it back.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I think I had that linguine at Maggiano's. I've only got fond memories of that place because we had the same waiter guy twice on holiday and he was totally hot. So Marcus, who works in the Orlando Maggiano's, if you see this you totally need to hit me up.

If he needs convincing, I'll tell you my food poisoning tale. Can't remember where it was, but I had yoghurt as a desert. I even made a comment saying 'this tastes a bit funny', but I wasn't so convinced it was off or anything like that to stop eating it. So I finished it, even when my friend said if it tasted a bit wrong I should leave it. Later that night I started getting horrendous stomach pains but I sort of didn't worry about it and went to bed. Woke up an hour later and felt like I was dead. I remember sitting on the toilet for a bit, but nothing happened, then suddenly I KNEW I was going to be sick, so I crouched over the toilet and was violently sick. Turns out I sharted at the same time, so pretty much shit myself at the same time as being sick. This happened all during the night but by that point I had navigated a way of sitting on the toilet and leaning over the sink.

So Marcus, get in touch yeah?
    SuriCruise likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Silver Member

Cheesecake Factory. The entire family got sick. Not sure if it was the food,cheesecake or both.

Bronze Member

Hugs to everyone who shared their story... especially those that peed out of their ass ... I know the feeling

Friend and i had lunch at a taverna and i feel something tugging at my teeth.I dig and there is a hair.I pull,very much afraid it will break and fight the nausea lapping up my teeth.Finally i managed to catch it but it wouldnt come out.My friend is afraid to laugh because i might look green but also mean.So,tug and the damn thing comes out from my THROAT..tugging and pulling it comes off,a monstrous ,long black hair and i vomit my way out..god i made myself sick again.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Food poisoning at a Subway's in North Carolina. Gross stuff came out of every hole in my body and I almost froze to death due to the fever. Ugh.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

*Note to self, DO NOT come into this thread again*
    msdeb and ApricotGlimmer like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Nasty hair and bug in food stories.

I had a friend in college who once found a band-aid in her sandwich at Subway. She'd actually bit into the nasty part so had to go get the full workup for aids, stds, hep, etc. because the dude who was working disappeared before they questioned him. She sued Subway for a pretty penny, or at least enough to get a boob lift/reduction.

Wait, what? I want to sue Subway, too.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information