Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your alcohol tolerance

Default Re: Your alcohol tolerance

If I drink the same thing all night then I'm usually OK, no matter what it is, it's when I start swapping and changing that I feel ill the next day. Champagne always gives me a headache.

Usually I have a couple of glasses of wine while I'm getting ready, to get me in the party mood, and then I'll just stick to vodkas while I'm out, vodka lemonade or vodka redbull usually. Or if I don't want to get drunk I'll drink alcopops like WKD or Archers.

I don't have a very high alcohol tolerance because I've never been a huge drinker but I don't get wrecked off just a few!

h and Yanna, vodka and tonic is not very fattening at all It's things like wine, baileys, tia maria etc that's really fattening.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    h and Yanna, vodka and tonic is not very fattening at all It's things like wine, baileys, tia maria etc that's really fattening.
    That's what I thought too and what everyone tells me but my dietician is adamant . Maybe he's a teatotaller and found this way to "save" me? I'm just afraid to put this theory to the test, don't want to jeopardise my weight loss :/

I agree that all alcohol is bad when on a diet, it even encourages cellulite but if you sacrifice a few snacks in the week then I'm sure you can afford to have the odd vodka at the weekend.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

When I was a bit too obsessed with calories I would only drink vodka and diet coke. There are hardly any calories in it. I need to get back to that as lately I've started drinking wine and I can definitely see it on my hips.

I found this handy little chart:

I'm a lightweight. I can feel the effects of a glass of wine after about three gulps. My arms become languid, that's always the first feeling. Wine really hits me hard and fast, yet whiskey seems to take longer (don't ask me why). I've never had a hangover, no matter how much I drink (not that it takes very much) and I've puked ONCE. I do remember one time though, while trying to pass out--the room was spinning horribly--and I was wishing I could just die. I didn't, and I finally passed out, which was a life saver!

I can't drink much, so it's not a problem 'holding my liquor'. I have never been able to hold fluids, I get full too fast, so I don't usually drink beer (give me the smaller drinks)!

It depends on the type of drinks I'm having. If I'm drinking beer, the buzz does'nt come so quickly. I could gulp down about a six-pack before feeling some effects. Wine coolers (I drink those rarely) are more potent and I get a little tingly after drinking a couple. Now rum and hard liquor is what gets me. I could drink about 2 shots of tequilla or bacardi and I'm already in a drunk mood. I had the worst hangover of my life after drinking 5 shots of tequilla with a margurita and some Guiness in the same night.Ugh

depends on what i drink.
    if i drink wine with food, i can drink and drink and drink and never get really 'drunk', just happy, and no hangover the next day. i've gone through more than a bottle like this.
    if i'm out, i can have maybe 3 or 4 small glasses of white wine and i'll be fine, or gin and tonic, or tequila shots. i'm fine as long as i stick to the same thing and as long as i avoid sugary drinks and cocktails (which i pretty much hate anyways, with the exception of pimm's royale on a hot summer day). it's sugary drinks that kill me, especially crap like wine coolers or those smirnoff ice things. i get a headache and nausea just from looking at them.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I can tolerate unlimited amounts of Old Grandad bourbon in myself and I have no tolerance for any alcohol in others.....yes, I am a hypocrite! But I hate drunks.....

I can drink every one of my guy friends under the table, and I've never had a hangover yet. Whiskey and rum are my drinks of choice, since beer makes me have to get up and pee every five minutes.
    2 years...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

not very high ever since i got off the paxil and birth control and lost weight; i can get drunk off of one sip of red wine and two glasses of anything generally do the "trick"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    I agree that all alcohol is bad when on a diet, it even encourages cellulite but if you sacrifice a few snacks in the week then I'm sure you can afford to have the odd vodka at the weekend.
    Yea, I'm stupid. I always thought since alcohol is fat free I wouldnt gain THAT MUCH weight. So.. I took it upon myself to drink constantly this past spring break. After 6 days of drinking about a half bottle of vodka a night I came home and found that I had gained 7 pounds.
    My friends and I were shocked at the amount of weight we had all gained.
    Needless to say, Ill only be drinking alcohol for recreational purposes and only occasionally.

A*O

Alcohol is FULL of calories.
    My tolerance is worryingly high and always has been. I can drink a LOT and although obviously I'm technically drunk I don't start falling over, throwing up or slurring etc. In order to test whether I drink because I enjoy it, or because I NEED it, I stopped drinking altogether about 3 months ago and was relieved to note that I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms or other signs that I was addicted. I miss the pleasure of a few glasses of wine (I avoid spirits anyway) but I've proved that I wasn't hooked and I'm sure my liver has enjoyed the break too. I don't even miss it now, although social situations are tricky when you're not drinking so I just use the "I'm the designated driver" ploy and people don't force the issue.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Does anyone get this treatment where you say that you don't drink or that you are going to be the designated driver then others treat you like such a bore? Like unworthy of partying and having a good time. I've had shit like that happened to me, it's almost like some ppl wanted to force me to drink.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^^Yep. When I quit drinking, I lost a lot of my "party friends". Not really a surprise, though.
    2 years...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information